#1 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2077 posts
  • Interests:Growing, Knowledge, People, Family...and stuff

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:39 AM

Hey fellow OGers!

It's about time to start my first grow log here after years of lurking and talking :)

So what we got?

I'm gonna use my hortilab 60 x 60 cab, there is a small fan for air circulation and a small filter adjusted to a pretty noisy exhaust fan. The light source will be the new version of the Hans panel with around 180 watts of power, dimmable.

Yesterday I mixed some peat moss, fresh sieved compost, complete organics, some charcoal and perlite. Cool thing is on Sunday there will be a free soil analysis for everyone on a local Home Depot, I'm looking forward to the results. The plants get 11 liter shoes.

The strains I'm growing will be Sannie's Jack (fem), sugar punch (fem), SwaziSkunk and des*tar bx x maple leaf indica.

The SwaziSkunk came from a plant I grew in my very first time of indoor growing. I stressed here so much that she gave me some seeds. Over the years I grew one now and then, all turned out female so far. It's a very vigorous strain that stretches like 3-4 times...will be fun to tame it! I plan to pollinate it with some pollen of my maple leaf indica stud. I'm also pretty excited how my cross turns out. I think there is no need to tell you something about the other two girls, everyone here knows the quality of these strains made by Sannie :)

Two days ago all popped and broke the surface except one killing fields (fem) which I tossed for the mli cross.

Every Sunday I will upload some pics of the current development.

Everyone is welcome to make some comments, give advices or just watch what's going on :)

Greetz
He who has learned to do nothing with his whole mind and body will have everything done for him. DE

#2 Barrie84

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

Glad to be first! Taking a seat on the front row bro ^^
Hybride Freak

#3 Damar

rookie gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1449 posts
  • Interests:Organic Gardening

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:09 AM

w00t! Taking a seat next to Barrie. :popcorn:
Living Organic Soil thread / grow journal ...

"Blessed is he who has found his work, let him ask no other blessings" -Thomas Carlyle

#4 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:13 AM

You are very welcome friends :)
He who has learned to do nothing with his whole mind and body will have everything done for him. DE

#5 islayhearts

Sir Chunks A Lot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:32 AM

Des*tar x maple leaf..... got my attention. That and I'm curious what some "soil" expert at home depot has to say about your mix!

#6 saxo

GroMagnon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5962 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

i´m in as well,bro :popcorn:

"Good People don´t smoke Marijuana"

Jeff Sessions

#7 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:33 PM

Welcome saxo and islay :)

Year I'm curious too. As far is the clerk told me it's a company that (of course :D) sell ferts and stuff and they come with some equipment and check ph, ec, and concentration of the main minerals like ca and mg ad so on...it's for free so we'll see :)

I'm very curios about that cross too! My stud is a very special male. I found him in a ten pack from sensi seeds and he looked total different as the other plants from the beginning and he has this intoxicating stem smell that reminds me of something I smell also in amnesia...don't get me wrong it's not an amnesia smell but there's something in the background that's similar.

The des*tar pheno I used was the low yielder dynasty describes with this wonderful maroon colours in the end of the flowering time and an INSANE resin content. The smell while harvesting reminds me of kinder em eukal (cherry coughs is the English equivalent I guess)

I smoked some choccheese x mli that I made with this stud at a friends house and this shit put me almost to sleep. Chocolate cheese never did this to me.

Greetz

#8 bigun

old time grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4817 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

I will b right beside my frien Saxo and the other friends of mine..

good luck

#9 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:41 PM

Have seat and a beer my friend :)

#10 DesertGrown

All around plant guy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3405 posts
  • Interests:Everything cannabis.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:46 PM

I'm with Islay on this one!

Des*tar x Maple leaf India sounds pretty amazing and should only take around 55-60 days to finish. That's a few weeks faster than the other two strains will take... but they'll be worth the wait too.

Im curious... will you let us know what the Home Depot said about your soil analysis?
CANNABIS will get you through times of NO MONEY better than MONEY will get you through times of NO CANNABIS

#11 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:00 PM

Hey dg, welcome! Yeah of course I will cause maybe I need some advice what to put in in case something is missing :D

I hope for a pole-type plant, that gets the colours and smell from the mom and the rest from the dad and a better yield. The des*tar mom gave me only about an oz under the dimlux 315 in 11 liters of soil. There is some potential :)

Greetz

#12 santero

not a breeder ;)

• Moderators+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5516 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:05 AM

ooh, nice ... i tag along if i may :wave:
"We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free." -- Bill Hicks.

stormtroopers being dicks, lol ... (so funny).

#13 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:53 AM

@santero welcome

Hey guys! I'm back from the analysis. Of course imagination was brighter than reality in terms of the analysis. What this guy did was checking ph and ec. The ph is about 3,8 - 4 which is way too low.

I have a around 140 liters of soil, so guys what would u add? I thought about plain rock dust.

Greetz

#14 Damar

rookie gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1449 posts
  • Interests:Organic Gardening

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

How about some powdered dolomite lime?

EDIT: In retrospect, if you are really concerned then go for a real soil test to see what you've got. It could be that adding dolomite will give you an excess of calcium or magnesium, when in fact it's other alkaline minerals that you're missing.

Edited by Damar, 11 May 2017 - 12:13 PM.

Living Organic Soil thread / grow journal ...

"Blessed is he who has found his work, let him ask no other blessings" -Thomas Carlyle

#15 ifish

>< {{{{{ *<

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

@ mindless , are you keeping a core cut on stand by : )

#16 Dr Don Bonez

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1332 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, hollow earth theory, physics agriculture and
    GOOD BUD

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

I will quietly take a seat in the background and watch the show :)
NEVER TRADE RESPECT FOR FAME

#17 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:13 PM

Welcome doc!

I have some dolomite and I will use it, I think about 1-1,5 cup should be okay for this amount of soil. I didn't add any minerals so the excess should be okay :)

@ifish
The mother is currently recovering from a major infestation of spider mites. It took me some months (!) to get rid of those little freaks but I made it! The new growth looks great!

The little seedlings now begin to create their first three fingered leafs, there will be some very tight internodes I think.

Today I began an experiment. I ordered a 20,- euro led light for the yard, 80 watts, 6500 k temperature of colour. 5 des*tar x mli seedlings now standing under it. I want to check what's up with them. if it's as good as my 2x36 watts cfl I'm gonna go by more of them...we'll see.

Greetz

#18 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

UPDATE

hey gro-bros,

today i spent an hour in my chill area. all seeds sprouted (except the killing fields fem) and grew to nice little seedlings. there's a dimmer at the panel and its on half strength of veglight now. what bothers me is the low humdity, its about 35 % up there. the little ones were standing under a dome for the first 5 days so no problem then. today i potted them in 0.5 liter pots and they will get some sprayings every day to make up for it. actually they should have gone in their final shoes immediatly but the soil is not ready yet. i placed an order for some bio-char, i dont want to use only the dolomite. with the additional days of veg the stretch on 3 of the plants should be heavy but manageable :whip:

here's a group shot of them

Posted Image

and another one

Posted Image

this is my des*tar xmaple leaf indica cross - its pretty early but the edges of the leafs seem to be allready how i want to see'em :book:

Posted Image

here we have our beloved jack of sannie's - pretty fat first leafs and the edges are by far not as aggressive as above

Posted Image

this is my swaziskunk - very vigorous plant every time i grew her. this time she gets pollinated with m.l.i pollen, i only have one seed left of her

Posted Image

and here we whave the sugar punch - also different edges of the in the leaf. sorry it came out a bit blurry, the focus was obviously not on the plant :whistle:

Posted Image

i plan to top them after the fourth node to get 4 nice arms on each and then lst them. i experienced some rather moderate stretches under leds so far, im not concerned about the space being not enough.

thats it for now, have a nice sunday evening all!

:wave:

#19 Dr Don Bonez

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1332 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, hollow earth theory, physics agriculture and
    GOOD BUD

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:03 PM

Those are some very happy babies :)
NEVER TRADE RESPECT FOR FAME

#20 Barrie84

Grow Teacher