•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Gardener

A Continuous Evolutionary Grow

Greetings, Open Growers. Welcome to my continuous evolutionary grow. Continuous, more or less. Evolutionary, in that I intend to isolate mistakes. I start a new plant every two weeks, so mistakes will hopefully only affect one plant at a time. I will learn from them, and not duplicate them across time.

My first grow with auto flowers was a fun introduction to cannabis cultivation. Here i will be playing with photo-period-dependent varieties, and sharing things i find interesting. This is my learning laboratory.

The first two strains were planted in March. Harlequin is the bigger plant. She is a high CBD strain. The seedling is strawberry kush.

gallery_16929_5940_3246634.jpg

• Like 9

Punch my ticket, I'm taking a ride on this train.... now, where's the food-car? :popcorn:

• Like 1

Harlequin have all my attention ! I'm a follower !

Good luck for your garden !!!

• Like 1

Pulling out the chair: let's start the show :)

Greetz

• Like 1

Hi Gardner

Pulling up a chair and joint rolled

Let the show begin

Peace

Paps

• Like 1

Good Sunday morning. Early.

On Wednesday i will have cataract surgery on my right eye. In my pre-operative appointment, I was asked to abstain from cannabis for a week before the surgery. I told them I would try. I haven't had any now since Friday night. I would have abstained Thursday and Friday, except the pain was too high, and i needed the cannabis to be social. Sometimes pain can exceed my ability to be pleasant.

I think I can make it until Wednesday. In any case, cannabis abstinence is good for the system. I abstained for several days late last year when i was moving. At least, It will make what i have on hand last longer.

--- +++ --- +++ ---

State of the grow:

I have four strains growing at the moment. Here is the order in which the seeds were planted.

• Harlequin
  • Strawberry Kush
  • AK 47
  • Mystery 1

When ordering seeds, i received a free pack of mystery seeds. Assuming they were not feminized, i planted two. Only one came up. Mystery 1. Since then I have not planted anything new. Instead, I have been learning how to clone.

I have been starting something every two weeks. I now have rooted clones of Harlequin and Strawberry Kush. Tonight or tomorrow, i will take some cuttings from AK 47.

There are no plans to clone Mystery 1. I don't even know if she is male or female yet. I FIMed her maybe three weeks ago. Since then i have been tying her(??) down.

Here is a recent photo of the mess i am making.

gallery_16929_5940_1292191.jpg

Harlequin -- upper left.

Strawberry kush -- upper right. (Both in flower.)

AK 47 -- lower right

Mystery 1 -- lower left

The smaller plants on the left are clones.

• Like 9

Short rider. Good stuff. More sativa than northern lights. Yesterday I had a cataract removed from my right eye. I do share my cannabis use with my doctors. They recommended laying off the stuff for a week before surgery, as a precaution. Since I value my eyesight, I largely complied. Today would have marked the 7th day without. But this morning I had a post-op visit with the eye doctors. They said my eye looks great. I still can’t focus well. But they measured my vision. My eyesight went from 20/45 to 20/25 overnight. (Last night, after the surgery, I was blind. I could see, but nothing clearly.) I went to the office worried. They didn’t tell me that they might inject an air bubble into my eye. So, last night, when I first pulled off the eye mask to look, I was horrified. This morning the resident-in-training from the hospital told me they inject bubbles into about 1/3 of the eyes they work on. They use it to stabilize the lens implant. Mine didn’t need stitches. Some do. In all likelihood, the bubble should be gone in a day or two. So now I have a new appreciation for eyesight, doctors, and modern technology. And for short rider. She’s a nice daytime buzz.

• Like 3

Hi gardener

Hope your healing nicely

As far as the plants they look marvelous

Very interested in the harlequin I need a high CBD strain in my room not sure what one

Also looking at cannatonic

Good luck

Peace

Paps

Glad to hear everything went well, Gardener!

• Like 1

Sometimes pain can exceed my ability to be pleasant.

Dude, I need that on a business card, or tattooed on my face or something. That shit sucks man, and people that don't know you're in pain just think you're an asshole. I'mma pull a chair up close. Keep on keepin on.

• Like 1

People seem interested in Harlequin. I understand. She was the first strain I planted in this continuous grow model.

gallery_16929_5940_1941410.jpg

I have learned a lot over the past couple of months. One lesson i am learning the hard way is that beginning a plant every two weeks, and vegging them for six weeks is too much. I figured I would have room in my 2'x4' tent for up to six flowering plants. But the plants become too big too fast. So last week i didn't begin anything new. My continuous grow is going to have to be shut down to give me time to work through the sheer quantity of bud that a bi-weekly harvest is going to provide. I estimate i am using maybe an ounce a month right now. But the next three to four months should provide me with at least an ounce every two weeks. And possibly quite a bit more.

Five days after soaking harlequin in humic acid, she had emerged from her rapid rooter.

gallery_16929_5940_42672.jpg

On day 27 I FIM-ed her at the fifth node. I want the plants to stay short and bushy.

gallery_16929_5940_1509346.jpg

Here she is at day 35. Autoflowers were finishing around her. The lighting schedule was 18/6.

gallery_16929_5940_2623232.jpg

At day 42 she received some low stress training. This is also when the schedule in the tent went to 12 on, 12 off.

gallery_16929_5940_2777279.jpg

gallery_16929_5940_2781201.jpg

Day 47.

gallery_16929_5940_1642591.jpg

gallery_16929_5940_3656217.jpg

gallery_16929_5940_360804.jpg

Since this was my first time working with photoperiod plants, i didn't think much when she began to show flowers within 7 days of switching.

gallery_16929_5940_137953.jpg

Since then i have watched the other three varieties i am growing take two to three weeks to transition to a flowering state. Seven days is fast!

Two weeks later, she looked like this. Day 64 from seed. Day 15 of flower.

gallery_16929_5940_3396101.jpg

This is when i cloned her. The lower branches had some flowers developing at this point.

gallery_16929_5940_2536091.jpg

Eight days later, the first roots emerged.

gallery_16929_5940_2631361.jpg

gallery_16929_5940_2438591.jpg

But i will leave the story here. Day 64 from seed. Day 15 of flower.

gallery_16929_5940_1013701.jpg

• Like 2

I'M PULLING UP A LOUNGE CHAIR IF YOU DON'T MIND GARDNER.

I'm rooting for the Harlequin. since i have these . Z6 x Harle-Tsu female with CBD Haze XXL auto fem pollen. At F1 these should only show approximately 25% auto phenos. stickman was the creator of them. and wrote that info.

I JUST REALIZED WHAT I JUST GOT WAS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED because i was so stoned i didn't pay attention to the 25% auto ratio of the beans as well as didn't realize they were fems. Hey, i have to start somewhere until i can score the super cbd cuts in pure form.

• Like 1

Hey everyone. I have been eye-balls deep in a creative endeavor, and found it difficult to tell the story of the next phase of the ongoing Harlequin grow. I left off when she was 15 days into flowering. In the last picture of my previous post, you can see her stretching. I want to manage the height of my grow. Here is the tent five days later. Harlequin is still growing up, while lower on the right is Strawberry Kush. She was planted two weeks after harlequin. I didn't want her to grow out of control. So i tied all of her branches down into a horizontal position. (I have been FIMing all of these, and growing them into bushes first.)

gallery_16929_5940_3591372.jpg

After tying down Strawberry Kush and exposing her flowering sights to direct light, I liked the effect.

gallery_16929_5940_2364191.jpg

Then I began to think about doing the same to Harlequin. But at this point she was three weeks into flowering. This meant tying down some perfectly healthy colas. I was a little concerned when i began. Her branches were stiff, yet pliable. Somehow I felt compelled to do this. Here she is after i had just finished tying her down.

gallery_16929_5940_3131276.jpg

And then, back in the tent with Strawberry Kush and some young-ins.

gallery_16929_5940_3519126.jpg

Cannabis has shown herself to be pretty tough. In the previous photos, after tying Harlequin down, her leaves and the colas were no longer oriented up. But she recovered pretty quick.

Here are the same plants 10 days later. Harlequin is at day 30 of flowering.

gallery_16929_5940_649556.jpg

gallery_16929_5940_1292191.jpg

May 17th. Day 38. All of the budding sights below the main colas that were tied down then began to grow into individual colas. (The plant in the foreground is Mystery 1.)

gallery_16929_5940_1544417.jpg

gallery_16929_5940_2709897.jpg

gallery_16929_5940_3365716.jpg

gallery_16929_5940_3551439.jpg

gallery_16929_5940_2882463.jpg

I trim away fan leaves that obscure the buds. In these images, you can see the main colas curving upwards from the periphery. These were from 11 days ago. The pistils at that point were still all white. In my next post, I will show where the flowers are now.

Peace.

• Like 5

Looking scrumptious, Gardener! :icecream:

Beware leaving the trimmed/dead/decomposing leaves on top of the soil as it could invite unwanted guests/pest. Just something I ready somewhere: let compost become compost before using it.

• Like 2

Things got busy. I had to solve some problems regarding living arrangements. One thing led to another. In a few weeks i will move from my apartment to a house. I can't wait.

But that meant not having time to update my grow journal. Since i last posted, all of the plants i was growing were harvested. I also cloned each one twice, as well. The only plant not harvested was Mystery 1, which turned out to be a sativa male. It accidentally pollinated each of the other varieties. So now i have several crosses to grow out if i so choose.

Here is where my flowering tent stands, as of today. Strawberry Kush in the front row. Harlequin in the back.

The Strawberry Kush is at day 80 since taken as cuttings. Day 18 of flowering.

Harlequin is at day 100 since their cuttings. Day 33 of flowering.

There are two AK 47 clones that need another week or so before they join in this tent.

gallery_16929_5940_3370989.jpg

gallery_16929_5940_1290789.jpg

Harlequin

gallery_16929_5940_2990301.jpg

Strawberry Kush

gallery_16929_5940_1134638.jpg

gallery_16929_5940_834913.jpg

gallery_16929_5940_3691657.jpg

I love both these strains. They mix to form a satisfying high. What i notice about Harlequin is a mood hit. I feel better after using some. It takes the Strawberry Kush high, which is indica, and very relaxing, and energizes me to a degree, and brightens my outlook. It doesn't affect my head so much as my mood.

Anyone else want to share their experiences with Harlequin?

• Like 5

Dang Ms G, those look as good or better then the medibles you are going to turn them into...big thumbs up

• Like 1

Dang Ms G, those look as good or better then the medibles you are going to turn them into...big thumbs up

Mr G, not Ms G. Thanks. :-)

• Like 2

Mr G, not Ms G. Thanks. :-)

Holy crap, I do apologize.....mornings got me kinda fuzzy....either way, you plants are kicking booty

• Like 1

Hey Gardner,

First, I love how you are approaching your project. Great plants too!

Second, are those home made Octo/Air/Power pots? Did you make them out of seed starters? Brilliant if so. If not, what brand are they?

DB

• Like 1

Hey Gardner,

First, I love how you are approaching your project. Great plants too!

Second, are those home made Octo/Air/Power pots? Did you make them out of seed starters? Brilliant if so. If not, what brand are they?

DB

These are the Root Builder II from Root Maker. https://rootmaker.com

Click on the Retail tab.

I love how well these work. I have kept some plants in small pots for too long. They don't become root bound. They become root-thick. Just pot them up and they take off again.

happy ladies there,gardener :tu

Happy grower, too.

• Like 2

Here is an AK plant i harvested last week. The buds are pretty dry right now. Yesterday I put them back in the drying rack after keeping them in sealed jar for a couple of days. Last night i weighed them again. 38 grams.

gallery_16929_5940_3076436.jpg

By the way, I have two cats. One has a taste for cannabis.

Today i sampled this variety for the first time. I like it. I am high, yet clear headed. Awake. Alert. Not sleepy. This is one of the plants cross pollinated by Mystery 1. So far i have only tried three tiny buds. Each one had at least a dozen seeds. There must be hundreds, maybe even a thousand, seeds in the jar. Holy cheese. I will probably grow a few. But i have a lot to scatter or share.

I cut the plant at 60 days. The trichomes were all cloudy. But i searched the plant far and wide for amber and didn't see any.

gallery_16929_5940_336582.jpg

gallery_16929_5940_399632.jpg

gallery_16929_5940_434592.jpg

• Like 10