•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Gardener

A Continuous Evolutionary Grow

Pics 7, 8, 9 and 10. Maybe 12 as well, but I wouldn't bet on that one.

• Thanks 2

It’s fairly common for a male to show a pistil here and there, but I’m betting all those pics with double pistils coming out are girls.

• Thanks 1

there is definitely a female in the mix. hard to tell from the flash in the photos bleeding out the details.these guys seem to be on top of it. I'm just late to the party...

I always love seeing that first outdoor lady Bug on my plants. It's just a thing of beauty and balance. That's a big fat one. Maybe you fed her all winter and brought her outside? She's definitely doing the good work.

peace

• Like 1

She landed.  Rested for a few moments.  After i snapped the photos, she began scouring the plant for mites and aphids.  It was amazing to watch.

• Like 1

Yeah, I could sit and watch insects all day. I spend a good bit of time doing it anyway. I live out in the country a little and the insect population just blows me away. So many exotic looking ones I never know who they are. They're always all business. Some are downright sociable. heh. It's cool to watch a spider come down from his hideout to a bee stuck in the web. Inject the bee with venom, go back up and wait for it to take affect, then come back down and wrap it up with silk and reel it back up to the hideout. fun stuff.

I also rescue wasps from the water buckets all summer. They come to the bucket to drink water like cattle. Sometimes they fall in and break the tension and can't get out. I let them climb on my hand, and watch them squeegee the water off all over, and groom themselves in the sun until they warm up and then they fly off. They're my buddies now. European Paper Wasps.

Spiders are also a new curiousity of mine. Mainly because we have a real friendly one native to here and it is a real hunter. The Colorado Jumping Spider.

I love them all! except weed pests! :td

• Like 1

When i lived out in the desert (literally) for a few years, i used to study all of the social insects.  During autumn in the Sonoran Desert ants will defoliate mesquite trees and pull the leaves underground.  Often in a day!  I would go to work in the morning after filling the bird feeder.  I come home in the evening and there are no leaves on the tree anymore.  They would just knock out every tree within hiking distance of their nest. Put it to sleep for winter.  Methodical and unrelenting.

• Like 1

I was down working in southern New Mexico and it's a desert of sorts. They also have the huge ants with ant hills made with small pebbles. They also made their nests right next to or right under our little concrete pad around our water monitoring well. 

One morning they were swarming on my well site and I had to do some work at it for about a half hour. So I took my breakfast sandwich and broke little pieces off and tossed them outside my work zone hoping the ants would go for the food and leave my space for a short while. 

It worked at first, and then they started to bring the pieces back to the concrete pad above their nest to take inside. So I'm thinking I need to sacrifice more of my sandwich to really give them something big to stay and eat. So I break off a corner of my breakfast sandwich and sure enough, they all start heading for the big prize.

I start getting my gear together and when I go towards the well, the little bastards have all huddled together and were hauling that huge corner of my sandwich on their shoulders right toward the concrete. I couldn't believe it. Somehow they all got under it, and around it, and next thing you know it's in the air traveling across the ground. They got stalled out when they couldn't get it to fit in the pretty large hole.

I'm more careful when I mess with them now. Hell, if I tripped and fell down, I might be in trouble with that crew. I have to look to see if I got it on video. I think I did. I know I grabbed the camera so I could show my partner.

Always interesting in the Macro world.

peace

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beautiful plants..i like u Mr. GF that if u take the fans off they will not do well...

so much for that theory.lol

I do now remove a few leaves,from around the plants ..I also think it helps build a bud up..

thanks for the pics..

• Like 2

same as Mr Dirt

i can not see males

peace

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 8:05 PM, Mr Goodfellow said:

I was down working in southern New Mexico and it's a desert of sorts. They also have the huge ants with ant hills made with small pebbles. They also made their nests right next to or right under our little concrete pad around our water monitoring well. 

One morning they were swarming on my well site and I had to do some work at it for about a half hour. So I took my breakfast sandwich and broke little pieces off and tossed them outside my work zone hoping the ants would go for the food and leave my space for a short while. 

It worked at first, and then they started to bring the pieces back to the concrete pad above their nest to take inside. So I'm thinking I need to sacrifice more of my sandwich to really give them something big to stay and eat. So I break off a corner of my breakfast sandwich and sure enough, they all start heading for the big prize.

I start getting my gear together and when I go towards the well, the little bastards have all huddled together and were hauling that huge corner of my sandwich on their shoulders right toward the concrete. I couldn't believe it. Somehow they all got under it, and around it, and next thing you know it's in the air traveling across the ground. They got stalled out when they couldn't get it to fit in the pretty large hole.

I'm more careful when I mess with them now. Hell, if I tripped and fell down, I might be in trouble with that crew. I have to look to see if I got it on video. I think I did. I know I grabbed the camera so I could show my partner.

Always interesting in the Macro world.

peace

Well if ya disappear we'll know where to start looking ! Attention all OGers Mr GF just got carried down the ant hole ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I did get two males.  I believe i managed to pollinate the two females, along with the Strawberry Kush plant.  Over the course of a few days, i would take the flowers out of the tent.  Put them in the veg tent.  Then shake the males over them.  I did not capture extra pollen.  If it works, i don't need anymore of that.  Fingers crossed.  Looking forward to some seedy weed.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1fc8.thumb.jpg.26d8e90f2289cdb4a314725b3e453f3c.jpg

• Like 6

Were the male flowers opened up good? If so, you got more than you'll ever need. That's how I did my Rhino Blood mom. I only did it once though, and it was nothing but seeds on the mom later. It takes very little to do it. No fan needed. You can even spray the plants off with a hose or anything to wash the extra pollen off an hour later or even less it seems.. Supposedly water negates the pollen but there was a guy here using it in water to pollinate.. not sure, only what I read. But, getting the pollen off of the dusted plants will prevent the others (maybe) from getting pollinated. 

Because it will blow off of one plant to another. And, it will travel into the room on your clothes... it's pretty toxic. But, I almost wanted that experience so I could judge it myself, by what I did during the whole process. All I can say, is it takes practicing all precautions to not spread it. I need a separate room or even a different building would be better. If I get going downstairs, I'll do all of my males upstairs. and shower and/or change clothes before entering the flower room downstairs. I really do want to explore more males. It's almost obvious when it comes to picking a female but harder with males.

Anyway, you'll get seeds! As long as the flowers were open and dusting. Another method is cutting just one limb off of the plant and put it in a cup of water, inside a box, and catch the pollen as it releases for a couple of days. It's best to make sure the limb is already very close to opening for best results. I tried it once and cut it a little too early and they never really opened. At least that way you're only dealing with a very small amount of pollen, which is still more than you'll really need. Then use a paintbrush, or anything to dust lightly as many buds as you want.

However it works out, I predict you'll have a blast. Nature is always awesome to me and knowing you mated a couple of plants together and make seeds from that is actually a really cool thing. Getting the Holy Grail is a completely different subject, lol. But creating a living thing is really cool. Just that simple to me. Magic yellow fairy dust. It has so much hidden power inside.

peace

• Like 2

Strawberry Kush x Mystery Sativa.  I have two females flowering in one gallon pots.  This one is worth showing.  I love all of the secondary budding sites.  In the last image, you can see a few seeds forming.  These seeds are (Strawberry Kush x Mystery Sativa) x (Strawberry Kush x Mystery Sativa), making them an F2 cross?  All of the top flowers have some seeds forming.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1fd2.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1fd5.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1fd6.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1fd9.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1fda.jpg

• Like 3

Update on the recent Harlequin harvest.  Final dry weight: 64 grams.  A new personal record.  The old record was 60 grams from Master Kush.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1fde.jpg

• Like 7

Awesome bro. Upward and forward! I was looking at it again earlier. It really yielded great. Nice job!

peace

Very resilient plants, huh? I love those colors. Nice pics.

peace

• Like 1

This Black Jack is a tall plant.  By node-3 it was 8 inches high.  To keep her short, the stem was bent horizontal.  24 days old and already halfway around the pot.  Planning on an 8 week veg.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2002.jpg

• Like 7