•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Gardener

A Continuous Evolutionary Grow

I'm always on the lookout for those tiny little flowers. They always fascinate me. We have lots of crazy wild things growing here with micro flowers. I always get down to look at them. I need to take a pic of a few. I love flowers.

Nice picture.

• Like 1

Strawberry Kush, day 55 of flowering.  Loaded with seeds.

I met a woman who suffers from some hereditary bone disorder.  She was in a lot of pain.  I asked if she had ever tried cannabis.  She told he she had a medical cannabis card from another state.  So i gave her some weed.  She was very grateful.

There went my buffer, though.  I had a lot of variety, until i gave away most of my stash.  Then i ran out of indicas. Then i harvested Harlequin.  Harlequin is good for pain.  But it is low THC.    I burn through it a lot faster than other varieties.  

Strawberry Kush wasn't ready to harvest.  The plan is to flush it after today.  Keep it going on fresh water through the coming week.  By next weekend, withhold water.  Chop the plant after it dies.

I want the seeds to be viable and eager to sprout.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_201f.thumb.jpg.d4e5d9444ca5f4366ee2988858e5d6ee.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2020.thumb.jpg.9b67e326c9a50f2a3387b414833ea312.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2022.thumb.jpg.08cffcefda4b2350263348fc3e6f3e99.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2024.thumb.jpg.d306ef36918de4e89a0b7fe27f165d91.jpg

Two small branches made for an early harvest

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2025.thumb.jpg.c0e220d05300387e72182bdd46c7f863.jpg

• Like 7

Hey @Gardener, big ups to you bro! Sharing is caring!! You'll be glad you did that and I know that she will appreciate your gesture to help. Careful, though... it's addictive. :)

That's a pretty plant bro. Is it pollinated with another SK? Having a large stash of seeds is always good! So many things you can do with them. Enjoy and congrats on your project!

peace

• Like 1

It's not legal around here.  But when someone is suffering and can benefit from what you have, and you have enough to share, why not?  The government cannot legislate morality.  I would rather my actions be moral than legal.

• Like 5

Nice plant and pics. And yeah, it feels good to share with those in need, even though it’s hard to give up that cushion. Big props bro. :grinning_respect:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gardener said:

It's not legal around here.  But when someone is suffering and can benefit from what you have, and you have enough to share, why not?  The government cannot legislate morality.  I would rather my actions be moral than legal.

That's the correct mindset. :tu  It's a wonderful way to live. It opens a whole new world when you learn to give freely. I love it. I'm sure if you run dry bro, somebody here will step up to help... I always will if I can. 

peace 

• Like 1

In a renewed effort to control height, I am back to plant training.  Getting better at it too.  

For a while i gave up plant training in favor of defoliation, to better appreciate the natural forms of the cannabis plant.  But i don't like growing tall plants.

This is a clone of the Strawberry Kush i just harvested.  The plant was defoliated before flowering was initiated.  Since then, the canopy thickened up.

These are before and after images of the plant's latest defoliation. Day 16 of flowering.

Before defoliation:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_204b.thumb.jpg.3da6f74a5c791476e649792284fa40d4.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_204d.thumb.jpg.fc247777424fe30d447048896009a3f8.jpg

After defoliation:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2050.thumb.jpg.6230f4c4dec6177e1f1e678dc41fac6b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2052.thumb.jpg.f747eb5f3c4b6b2373d98898b57889ec.jpg

• Like 3

White Widow defoliation.  Day 15 of flowering.  The last defoliation it should ever need.

Before:

1294630632_YVyHsB0ASSKkYKYRZ5HwQ_thumb_2060.thumb.jpg.c0492e8828318654c6b8cf35df79d7da.jpg

It's a jungle in there.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2061.thumb.jpg.85b2e953c8114d972c7dc4f8bd702a86.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2062.thumb.jpg.ca06c40f8c9cbf4baa5e0f1a178c0555.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2063.thumb.jpg.32a20ee87a026427f74c170f161fcef2.jpg

After:

jiDdTRCsTAyumNi1cYRYSA_thumb_2065.thumb.jpg.a1b977765f0611ff0b533091ec531c5c.jpg

Many fingers, palm up.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2066.thumb.jpg.6a8d8a73c6d588ed9401716dd28f086e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2067.thumb.jpg.4ab63451bbd77386c5cc93a113b804e3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2068.thumb.jpg.2819a06694b18195a17027f87f150552.jpg

• Like 3

I want to drop the lights down on the left.  Madberry is the tall plant preventing this.  Two more weeks until she is harvested.  Going short.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2070.jpg

• Like 6

Whew does that Madberry have a stretch, I like shorter plants myself. :)

Good on you, good on you, playing the moral card instead of the law card. Sucks we can't legally help others, but our hearts say screw ya, that is my fellow man. Good on you :) I am such a happy camper now that we can legally gift rec, but how backwards is that, we can't medical lol. I gift all the time, and always thought, would that not be the pits, go to jail for gifting lol now I am protected. Hallelujah!

• Like 3

Killing Fields was standing about 10 or 11 inches before i cut her back to the third node.  I thought about bending the plant horizontal and working with it that way.  But i decided to grow a manifold again.  I gave this a try about a year ago.  It will set me back a week or two to grow it this way, but it will keep the height under control.

Originally i cut it back to the 3rd node.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_203d.thumb.jpg.f915721a3c28731d04ef5ca9f4bc89c8.jpg

I decided to clone the top.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2036.thumb.jpg.43eb7ff9c6e830f1c7c9e5a631dd6ea4.jpg

One week later.  Head meets former body.  Former body is growing two heads.  (From the 2nd node.  I cut the third node off to make the plant shorter.)

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2071.thumb.jpg.7e4c7de13957340e2b5e70183222c2b1.jpg

Former head is growing a body.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2074.thumb.jpg.bef4832a1b3b021c4574ad7a82a1365b.jpg

The head rooted the night before last, five days after cutting it.  Yesterday i planted it in a starter pot.  An extra plant i didn't plan on having.  I just wanted to see if i could clone the top of the plant.  It was easy.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2075.jpg

• Like 6

so delicate, cute ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My last year's outside grow I cloned the top and grew the tops and bottoms of three plants. heh. Tops clone easily, and the remaining bottom is already underway! 

• Like 2

Trying something new.  I wanted more variety.  I also wanted to cut down the veg time.  Two plants in one pot.

Ice on the left in the first picture.  AK 47 on the right.  They both flower in 7 - 9 weeks.  Today is day 18 of veg.  I plan to flower them starting between day 35 and day 42.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_209a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_209d.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, shiskaberry savior said:

That tall girl is a easy fix with pliers and a gentle squeeze where you want her bent then support the bent top 2/3 ft out the side . 

Are you referring to AK 47 or some other tall plant on the page?

5 minutes ago, Gardener said:

Are you referring to AK 47 or some other tall plant on the page?

Whichever one that’s causing you concern! Any plant can adapt to laying itself over as long as you support the weight everything will right it self in a few days and continue as if nothings happened .

just looked back it’s your madberry 

• Like 2

You are absolutely right.  Here are the same plants this morning.  Completely re-oriented to the new situation.  Never stopped growing.

This is what i love about plant training  You can do all kinds of things to the plant and it will keep growing and adapting.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_20a3.jpg

• Like 2

Indican knocked it out of the park on that one. :) She is the one that always put out like a 2 ounce center cola,  It has an earthy taste to her as well. Nice plant that GE is. :

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/21/2019 at 6:58 PM, Gardener said:

I want to drop the lights down on the left.  Madberry is the tall plant preventing this.  Two more weeks until she is harvested.  Going short.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2070.jpg

I’d eyeball the height of the plants to the right of the mad berry make your gentle squash that height then stick a stake over 3 pots and tie her to it ! Send her to me I’ll make her listen ! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Madberry is the last plant that i grew to natural form.  She is also one of the plants that motivated me to go back to LST and super-cropping.  It was interesting to grow a big plant like that without training.  But, for me there is a challenge to growing tall plants short.

• Like 3