5 replies to this topic

#1 reddog3000

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:Growing organic Bush

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:01 AM

Heya opengrow. I'm asking this question about lighting as i am about to start growing again. I'm a old member who peeps in from time to time. So here is my dilemma, since my last grow I have noticed a couple of new lighting sources taking the market by storm. The D.E. hps and the cmh cdm lec lighting. My question is witch would work the best for my application. I'm running 425cfm in line fan with with carbon scrubber and pumping in ac form a duct for cooling. Are 600w D.E. too hot for a small grow tent or will I just get better results and lower temps with cmh 630. Chime in all who have worked with these lighting sources!!!
Dis what we do in tha Dirty!!!

#2 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4078 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:35 PM

The cmh lights are what give me sparkle in my eye. The 600w is hotter and I would expect it needing extra cooling. The CMH should not need cooling or require less compared to the 600w.

The quality will be higher with cmh due to spectrum being fuller but the 600w is a proven work horse and as long as environment is good will not leave you wanting.

Though with the cmh, you are really only looking at a good 3x3 and an ok 4x4 no matter what they tell you.

However, I would go with a 400w HPS instead of a 600w for that tent when considering HPS. Cooling will be similar to the cmh as wattage is similar. My perspective to work towards the best environment as that is where you will find what your looking for and not in wattage itself. A blend of each is great thing too.
  • If tent is in good environment a 400w and the cmh side by side would be great.

I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#3 overlord

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:14 PM

Whats up Reddog, good to see you again. Growers choice also makes a 630 DE CMH lamp, as well as different bulbs for them.

#4 reddog3000

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:10 PM

@Hempyfan thanks for the perspective, I already have a 400w hps to go with a cmh. It is summer whether here and hot already.
@overlord Whats up bro, good to be back. I was looking at that light. I think that the one for me :punk: :punk: :punk:

#5 overlord

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:19 PM

View Postreddog3000, on 19 May 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

@Hempyfan thanks for the perspective, I already have a 400w hps to go with a cmh. It is summer whether here and hot already.
@overlord Whats up bro, good to be back. I was looking at that light. I think that the one for me :punk: :punk: :punk:

I am gonna try one in the next couple of months

#6 reddog3000

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:35 AM

@overlord I will be running Durganchitral under one of these lights. Have you grown this strain before? If so any tips would be appreciated ��