•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Nightmara

Anyone familiar with this product? GIB LXG EVG

https://www.head-nature.com/Growshop/GIB-Lighting-LXG-EVG-dimmable-250W---600W-A.11440-

So I could buy that for cheap but it doesn't say anything about THD you know how it sends signal back to electricity plant andthey come knocking doors..

Other question: If I need 900m3h exhaust power can't I just use 1 300 and one 600 m3h UFO in series both sucking same filter? In my head it would add but friend told it's not so...

• Like 1

Hey I found out that it produces less than 10% THD (Total harmonic dissortion) Is this good enough or will I get guys knocking on my door?

• Like 1

never knew gib made ballasts :o. ive used only thheir bulbs in the past but never had problems... you cant get the desired value from serial connecting the fans.. reason why is that they most likely are not the same size (for example 125mm and 160mm)

• Like 1

in he past i have used Gavita lumatek and dimlux. i could recommend all 3!

Always buy something you know for sure is quality! I lostt a whole batch and had to restart cause i thought my bulb broke but really it was my ballast. since i was short on cash i couldnt instantly buy a new ballast hence my plants died before i had a chance to get a replacement. so buy something you can trust! gib makes great bulbs and is a pretty big company. my guess is that they have reliable ballasts but dont buy it without finding good reviews!

Regarding THD I never had a problem using a good bran e-ballast.... its my understanding that it was mostly an issue with the first generations of e-ballast a lot of years ago but i might be wrong on that one. That being said i think its still safer than the huge spike in your electricit consumptiony grid you get every time you light a magnetic ballast but i guess that also depends on electrical company policies and which country youre in.

Led is sxtarting to look sexier and sexier... the next light i buy might be LED or maybe ill just build a light myself :). Still hoping for the LEP technology to advance a bit but personally wouldnt buy it today cause its still so damn expensive tech ..

Hope whatever solution you choose works out for you and u get healthy and strong bud :) .

Bless

• Like 1