•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Moose71

comfrey tea?

been a organic gardener for 20yrs. i use comfrey as a fert. almost exclusively. never tried it for weed. npk is 4-1.5-8.5 .has lots of micros in it. anyone use this to feed their grow? if so , at what ratio? i have tons of this growing and figured id save money and put this to work on my greenhouse grow. growing in pro mix in 17 gal smart pots.

• Like 2

Comfrey tea must be diluted to a ratio of 10:1 to 15:1 depending on your preferences.

Comfrey is a great source of potassium and a good source of calcium, phosphorus and nitrogen.

Not much in organics packs a bigger amount of potassium than Comfrey liquid fertilizer... it has 3x as much K in it than manure tea.

• Like 5

Comfrey tea must be diluted to a ratio of 10:1 to 15:1 depending on your preferences.

Comfrey is a great source of potassium and a good source of calcium, phosphorus and nitrogen.

Not much in organics packs a bigger amount of potassium than Comfrey liquid fertilizer... it has 3x as much K in it than manure tea.

yep and I'm gonna give it a try on one of my plants to see how well it produces. ill just feed like i do my tomatoes. they grow similar with similar needs. should be good enough to grow a decent weed plant. i make a liquid fert. by chopping the leaves and mixing in a handful of compost , some water and a 1/2cup of molasses. let it break down for a month. stirring occasionally till' it turns to a dark green goo. i strain and bottle it. i use 1/2cup to 5 gal. water. garden plants love it and its free! too bad it stinks so damned much or id use it indoors if it works well.
  • Like 2

I bet it would make for a great Fermented Plant Extract!

One day I will have to try it, as it sounds like a perfect fertilizer for early flower/stretch.

I add a good fist full of dried comfrey leaf (as well as other herbs) to my compost tea and the plants love it!

there are many plants that can be used for great fertilising, use some nettles too if you´ve got them!