•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Ok Guys, first grow in 3 years, can't grow indoors at this time, but I can outdoors, a nice thing about this area. One of the things I'm really excited about is one of my friends and grow buddies has my good cut of Chocolate Rain that I thought was lost (police got it!), he kept telling me it was Silverfields (I wish), but I knew I hadn't given him a good cut of it (if there is such a thing as a bad cut of SF), so when I picked up the clone it was potted, two foot tall and when I saw the hooked leaves I knew exactly what it was, YES, my best CR cut! So I cloned the shit out of it and outside it goes. Along with the CR I've planted Old Faithful (the strain we developed 30 years ago), Ice, Blue Matador, Gorilla Glue / OG, MK1, Platinum Diesel, Apollo 13, Radical, 10 Pound Hammer and Gorilla Glue #4. I will post pictures as the season goes along, been in a clone machine and planting for the last month and I haven't had time to take pictures yet, but they're coming and this should be fun! Here's a shot of the CR and Old Faithful.

Chocolate Rain

gallery_8111_6011_565961.jpg

Here's a shot (taken 3 years ago) of the original CR mother when she was young.

gallery_8111_3929_1179274.jpg

Here she is in the grow room, plant on left, the rest are CR females too, started at the same time.

gallery_8111_3929_4440225.jpg

Here she is starting to bud

gallery_8111_3929_2684661.jpg

She's almost ready here, now you see why I'm excited to have her back.

gallery_8111_3929_1839194.jpg

Old Faithful 30+ years and still growing strong.

gallery_8111_6011_90054.jpg

• Like 18

What a nice story !!

I'm actually looking for some CR but it seems there only left FEM everywhere...

She look gorgeous !

• Like 1

Nice looking plant, I've had my eye on some CR, too. How's the smoke report?

I'm on my third run of Esko's Holy Princess, very cherry tasting, might be fun to introduce these two, I don't think Chocolate Covered Cherry is taken yet as a strain name.

Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

That's an impressive commitment to that plant; 30 years.. wow.

What is the lineage?

Best vibes bro!

PeAce

MrG

• Like 2

Wow that is exciting :) Chocolate, Sounds like a nice one too.

30 years, testament to your breeding, she is a nice structured plant too. Very nice.

Baqualin, it's good to have you back around here... you were missed bro.

You have quite the lineup of plants and a nice array of flowering times... I think you're right, this should be a fun grow.

I remember your Chocolate Rain grow a few years back when you got into trouble... I'm glad you got your best CR cut back, she's a beast.

Looking forward to watching Old Faithful do her thing again too.

• Like 2

Cool backstory, thanks for sharing... sometimes I worry I'll never get to experience all of these amazing cuts you guys & gals have, but... genetics are a cool thing. With enough experimentation there can be new cuts that are maybe just as good :)

• Like 1

Welcome back!

• Like 1

To the man that helped me with the boudica and silverfields grow, welcome back!!!!

So happy to hear your buddy held onto the CR cut throughout the years. Really excited to see what she does outdoors and the rest of your lineup is looking great too.

Parking my ass here for a while if that's okay with you.

• Like 3

That's an impressive commitment to that plant; 30 years.. wow.

What is the lineage?

Best vibes bro!

PeAce

MrG

Don't know, it was an Ag econ class project 5 of us did at U of K in the late 70's, wasn't grown on campus of course and the teacher didn't know the project plant until report was turned in. we each brought in seed ( 100 each )that we had been saving from the cream of strains grown here at that time and threw them in a bag, sneaked them in the lab and nuked them in an X-ray machine, then soaked in Colchicine , out of the 500 seeds only about 6 or 7 sprouted, 3 females from those and the pick was labeled Old Faithful because you could smoke it 365 and it always took you to the same place, it still does. Some strains after you smoke them a while you feel like it's not quite there and you switch to something else for a bit, Silver Fields by Sannie is like OF, no matter how often you smoke it always gives you what you want. Only one of us kept it going for all these years and was almost lost it a few times, so he deserves all the credit, he's also the one that kept my CR cut going, gotta love guys like that!
  • Like 10

Mate, that is a wicked story, i cant believe u zapped em :o lol frikkin A+++++ lol

im gettin some silverfeilds :)

@Baqualin. thanks bro, and what a story. Gotta love it when a story can be attached as well. Makes it all the more personal. sounds just like the stuff we would have done. Ahhh, the 70's... the decade of pushing peoples buttons. That was fun. heh

PeAce

MrG

welcome back! the saddle is just as comfortable as when you left it!

Welcome back, i know CR when i see it. So nice and warming from my own experience to read such a story.... And a chance to get u goodies back !

@ le rat, correct but you can find some f2 reg's on cannapot, they selected... but from my view it was already in it...

What a nice story !!

I'm actually looking for some CR but it seems there only left FEM everywhere...

She look gorgeous !

• Like 1

@ le rat, correct but you can find some f2 reg's on cannapot, they selected... but from my view it was already in it...

THX !!! I was on Cannapot 10 minutes ago, and they do not deliver Switzerland ...

nuked them in an X-ray machine, then soaked in Colchicine , out of the 500 seeds only about 6 or 7 sprouted, 3 females from those and the pick was labeled Old Faithful

Why did you x-ray them? And I understand the Colchicine was used to improve germ rates?

Interesting story to say the least :)

• Like 1

It is alway damn cool to hear a story like that. Thanks. I'm going to stick around and watch.

Just noticed this thread. Welcome back baqualin.

Bet you cannot wait to puff on the C.R. Was you're favorite keeper a rasberry type with a dreamy but awake stone?

Thanks

• Like 2

Just noticed this thread. Welcome back baqualin.

Bet you cannot wait to puff on the C.R. Was you're favorite keeper a rasberry type with a dreamy but awake stone?

Thanks

Yes, see below for update! :)

Ok, time for an update! here's a few cell shots of the Chocolate Rain (smell is already awesome) and Old Faithful taken today These are the 2 plants from the pictures shown above, sorry I didn't put something in for scale, but both are over 6 feet (183 cm). Feeding Roots Organic Buddha Bloom and happy with results. Next up date end of October!

Favorite cut of Chocolate Rain

gallery_8111_6011_3248273.jpg

A little closer look

gallery_8111_6011_3020640.jpg

Already producing niceTrichomes

gallery_8111_6011_288891.jpg

Old Faithful is just that!

gallery_8111_6011_3911109.jpg

• Like 11

Beautiful plants.

Thanks! First time I've grown Chocolate Rain outdoors and I'm excited to see the end product, I'm impressed so far, some of the surrounding plants (Gorilla OG) have powdery mildew problems (common here), but the CR has been resistant to this point.

BQ

• Like 2