•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Looking really good @BeachBud

I've grown a couple of packs worth of Huck Kush 2012, and I rarely have seen a Oregon Huck dominant plant. I really did like the one I grew though. I didn't make F2's with it, but I did cross it to another Kushy strain I have been playing with called Tartar Kush. I made some Huck F2's last year using a peppery smelling male I found that kind of resembles one of the clones you have a picture of above. 

Sorry to photo bomb you, but here's a few pics of some of the Huck Kush plants I have grown over the last couple of years.

I wish I had more pics of this one. This was a very resinous lady from the start. I crossed her to a couple of stout looking Tartar Kush males, and then selected a male for a BX. I'd have made F2's that run, but only ended up getting Huck females. She had a pineapple smell upon curing. Decent potency, but not the strongest of the batch. 

atta_028809_20170127_073151.thumb.jpg.74f6243dffbfdb7850d9956fd95a25b5.jpg

I called this one the "levitator pheno." Makes your feel feel floaty when you walk. Probably my favorite pheno. Good yield, and less leafy than some. Had the classic herbal coffee smell.

20180515_071230.thumb.jpg.82f3137e57835012164bb6ba2578a5b0.jpg

20180515_071225.thumb.jpg.1966b0bc918811fe6e64881b9609d91a.jpg

This one is strong too. Called it Huck "sour". Has a little bit of a sour citrus and coffee smell. Has more head, and can get overwhelming. 

DSCN6245.thumb.JPG.c6878c2ea54489feea226aa0ecab1538.JPG

20180419_071355.thumb.jpg.600ec949f62a86b750fb5c76b3ed974b.jpg

Called this one Huck 4. It seems to have less thc, but possibly a lot of cbd. More of a feel good strain than a stone you to the bone strain. Might be my favorite for everyday use. 

DSCN6209.thumb.JPG.1221d5739b796cb4982db712933bbcec.JPG

20180515_071008.thumb.jpg.7ff17b94cccca8688f94d6540978638a.jpg

I made a few crosses with Huck, and was particularly proud of this cross. I call it Wolfie's Kush only because I got sick of typing the lineage out. It's Tartar Kush (purple pheno) x Huck Kush (resinous pheno) x Tartar Kush (2 males). Even thought it's a Tartar Kush bx essentially. The Huck shines through. 

20171125_204428.thumb.jpg.13382694db08f89d974a374b987e3225.jpg

DSCN5860.thumb.JPG.0490da360f07840001d12a72e4f0e1f6.JPG

DSCN5872.thumb.JPG.0c62bc6469cc98740d8a371b085f5fe2.JPG

Keep up the good work man..

• Like 10

I like the looks of the Tarter Kush at the end. They really beefed up and look great. I love all the Huck Kush pics. They all look velvety smooth!

Hey Beach, stellar as usual. Very nice looking bud. Did you ever get one that has the huckleberry smell? 

peace

mrG

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 7:05 PM, Mr Goodfellow said:

I like the looks of the Tarter Kush at the end. They really beefed up and look great. I love all the Huck Kush pics. They all look velvety smooth!

Hey Beach, stellar as usual. Very nice looking bud. Did you ever get one that has the huckleberry smell? 

peace

mrG

Thanks Mr G., I've not had a huckleberry smelling one yet. The huckleberry looking one I have going now does smell different than the other pheno but it does not smell like any kind of berry.

• Like 2

Hey Wolfie, I could look at HK pics all day, very photogenic cross indeed. One pheno I have stays green all the way through but the other one is showing some color.

Thanks for sharing. :tu

• Like 3

It's funny, the only Chuckle Cheese I grew (only halfway through flower because of freeze), had the strongest straight up Huckleberry smell. I used to pick them every fall in Montana and it's my favorite berry. Didn't you use a HK as one of the parents in that cross? I have to do a beach run to go back and catch up. I want that one again, and I never got the IPA to work for me yet.. I still have plenty and probably know better how to germ and get past it safely. I had issues with my Sweet Spot but all my fault and it turned out nice despite my failures, lol. 

Always love checking out your grows man. Hempy should use your grow room pics to "illustrate" the importance of environmental balance. Your grows always look exactly consistent with the last. I can't remember, but do you build your own soil? Better not change anything at this point, heh. peace

• Like 2

Hey Mr. G, Chuckle Cheese is  Chucky's Bride x Chocolate Cheese (raspberry pheno).  I need to grow more of that one myself, I have the last of it sitting in a stash jar that I'm trying to make last.

Both the CB and CC had berry smells to them, cool that you got a huckleberry smell from yours.

I'm using Sunshine Mix #4 premix and am very pleased with it. Much more consistent than soil ever was.

I can send more IPA your way, just shoot me an addy.

Stay warm over there. :)

• Like 1

Ok, thanks. I think I have that written down wrong. I was wondering that.... Now it gives me ideas.. hmmmm. 

I'l hit you up sometime and I need to get you some homemade beans, too. I'd love to see you grow the Rhino Blood. It's a beast. peace bro

• Like 1

After an incredibly mild January, Mother Nature decided to bring us some winter in February. Last Saturday night we got about 3 inches of snow, first real snow in several years here. Since then the temps have stayed in the 30's and about half the snow is still hanging around. Supposed to get more snow this weekend, looks like winter finally made it to the beach.

Snow 8- 2-5-19.jpg

Snow 5 - 2-5-19.jpg

Snow 3 - 2-5-19.jpg

In grow room news, I pulled Huck Kusk #2 yesterday after 62 days in 12's. She colored up nicely in contrast to the other HK girl who stays green. I took some pics before I pulled her...

Huck Kush #2 - 62 days flower - main cola top down.jpg

Huck Kush #2 - 62 days flower - bud shot.jpg

Huck Kush #2 - 62 days flower - bud shot 3.jpg

Huck Kush #2 - 62 days flower - bud shot 2.jpg

Huck Kush #2 - 62 days flower - bud shot 4.jpg

Huck Kush #2 - 62 days flower - bud shot up close.jpg

:D

That leaves the 2 Phuuu's IPA girls and the big Huck Kush clone that I vegged for 8 or 9 weeks waiting for space in the flower room. That extra veg time has this girl looking real good in her 5th week.

Huck Kush #1.22 - 37 days flower - side view.jpg

Huck Kush #1.22 - 37 days flower - top view.jpg

Huck Kush #1.22 - 37 days flower - main cola.jpg

I have a new apprentice in the grow room. We just adopted a 6 month old puppy who came through the rescue we work with. The rescue is for Boxer dogs but occasionally another breed gets lucky and finds their way to us. This little fella is Pomeranian x some kind of spaniel near as we can tell. He was at a shelter scheduled to be euthanized when our rescue came for some Boxers and heard his story. He had behavior issues that his owners didn't know how to deal with and they turned him into a biter. He also had resource guarding issues. Our rescue scooped him up and he spent a couple months with one of our trainers who worked wonders with him. He's now living in a house with 2 cats and a Boxer dog plus the foster dogs we have in and out and he's doing great. He's a bundle of energy that keeps me on my toes and he's damn cute. Now we just have to come up with a name for him.

Here he is with Magnus the cat checking out the flower room. Minnie, the other cat, is not as fast to make friends as Magnus.

flower room and helpers - 2-6-19.jpg

new apprentice.jpg

That's all for now, thanks for stopping by. :tu

• Like 6

Man, your tuned in, great work!

• Like 2

Hey Beach, I love that top snow pic with the snow cover barb wire. It looks like that huge fat white braided rope. Very pretty.

• Like 1

So you've got him guarding your resources now. Great idea.

• Haha 1