•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Happy Friday to all you working stiffs out there. It is raining like crazy and all the dogs are asleep so I will steal a few minutes to post an update.

I currently have 3 Phuuu's IPA fems going in the flower room and 2 Sugar Punch fem sprouts about 2 weeks up in the veg area. 

The flower room girls are filling in nicely. Numbers 1 and 2 are 6 weeks in 12's while #3 is 9 days less. I talked some about the different phenos in my last post. This time you can see the difference in their bud shots. While there are several phenos found in Phuuu's IPA the end product is very consistent in smell and effect. The smell of hops with a little skunk fill the grow room now, it's a wonderful aroma that I have come to love. This smell varies some in the skunkiness between phenos but the intense hops smell (Myrcene) is always dominate.

OK, enough chit chat, on to some pics.

I'll start with the youngsters first. They got up-potted to #1's yesterday at 13 days above ground and were moved up to the main veg area. I have 3 led lights in this space. Two of them are 25 watt bar type fixtures that sit on either side of the main fixture normally. When I have young sprouts that aren't ready for the big light yet I can move the left side bar fixture over next to the right side one which gives the right amount of light. They usually spend a week to 10 days under the bar lights before I crank up the 300 watt fixture. Here's a look.

Sugar Punch sprouts vegging.jpg

Sugar Punch sprouts  just up-potted.jpg

On to the flower room, here's a look at the trio.

Flower Room - 4-5-19.jpg

Phuuu's IPA #1 - The long branches (about 3 feet) are impressive on this girl.

Phuuus IPA #1 - long branches - 43 days flower.jpg

Phuuus IPA #1 -  43 days flower - top.jpg

Phuuus IPA #1 -  43 days flower - main cola top.jpg

Phuuus IPA #1 -  43 days flower - buds.jpg

Phuuu's IPA #2

Phuuus IPA #2 -  43 days flower - side view.jpg

Phuuus IPA #2 -  43 days flower - main cola top.jpg

Phuuus IPA #2 -  43 days flower - main cola top up close.jpg

Phuuus IPA #2 -  43 days flower - buds.jpg

Phuuu's IPA #3

Phuuus IPA #3 -  34 days flower - side view.jpg

Phuuus IPA #3 -  34 days flower - main cola.jpg

Phuuus IPA #3 -  34 days flower - main cola top.jpg

That about covers it. Thanks for stopping by.  :tu

• Like 12

Looking good Beach! Those plants have a more open look than the ones from a couple of years ago. The buds still look the dank! When I get my room downstairs going I'm gonna drop some of those again. I would really love smelling hops in my pot! :rolleyes: I grew hops for a few years and they were a lot of fun. I may try some here, now that I think about it. 

Thanks for sharing!

peace

• Like 1

Beachbud

I have 4 of your GM x IPA going now.

flipped them at 14" and they sure look nice.

Big strong stalks.

Didn't flower as fast as some in the room..

how long do they go....

I am doing an experiment on some crosses and she is in the pen with the other girls and 1 GM X IPA BOY..lol

take care and thanks for the girls..

• Like 2

hey bigun, the Green Ale will go a good 10 weeks. I've had some big girls in the ones I've grown, some 3-4 times stretch with long lower branches. 

Good luck with them. Give us some pics when they are ready. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:54 PM, bigun said:

Beachbud

I have 4 of your GM x IPA going now.

flipped them at 14" and they sure look nice.

Big strong stalks.

Didn't flower as fast as some in the room..

how long do they go....

I am doing an experiment on some crosses and she is in the pen with the other girls and 1 GM X IPA BOY..lol

take care and thanks for the girls..

retraction..lol that male BB was a anetisa(sp) x g-39 .

I tink from reading on the 2 crosses they should jive..fingers crossed/////

Hey everyone, the Phuuu's IPA girls are to the point where they are worth showing off so I broke out the camera and took some bud shots. Numbers 1 and 2 are 8 weeks in and #3 is almost 7 weeks in.

First though I'll show you what's going on in the Veg/Sprout area. The 2 Sugar Punch youngsters are in #2 pot now and looking good. I expected a little more vertical growth by now. They have a few more days to go before up-potting to #5's. 

Down below the SP's are 4 Blue Magoo sprouts (3 of which are up) that I am eager to grow. Many thanks to Stanky Dank for sharing these.

Veg - Sprout area 4-18-19.jpg

Sugar Punch youngsters in #2s.jpg

Sugar Punch youngsters in #2s from above.jpg

Blue Magoo sprouts just up.jpg

OK, on to the good stuff...

Phuuu's IPA #1 @ 8 weeks

Phuuus IPA #1 - 8 weeks flower - main cola top.jpg

Phuuus IPA #1 - 8 weeks flower - buds 1.jpg

Phuuu's IPA #2 @ 8 weeks

Phuuus IPA #2 - 8 weeks flower - buds.jpg

Phuuus IPA #2 - 8 weeks flower - main cola top.jpg

Phuuus IPA #2 - 8 weeks flower - main cola top up close.jpg

Phuuu's IPA #3 @ 48 days

Phuuus IPA #3 - 48 days flower - main cola top.jpg

Phuuus IPA #3 - 48 days flower - main cola top 2.jpg

Phuuus IPA #3 - 48 days flower - bud shot.jpg

That's it for now, thanks for stopping by.

Much to do on my Spring checklist so I may not see you again until harvest time. Until then :spliff:

• Like 9

Very, very nice, BeachBud! Lots of skills are shining through, mate! Which spectrum did you choose on your two cob-panel?

Keep it green!

Wilbur

• Like 2

sticky shit ,Beach :tu  ..the lil SPs look pretty lush as well

• Like 2

Man, that IPA is always pretty. I love the looks of her buds. Nice job Beach!! I have SP this year, and Stanks BM... I tried the BM last year but lost it when I had to go out of town.

Happy spring bro. Time to get outside and get dirty!

peace

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Very, very nice, BeachBud! Lots of skills are shining through, mate! Which spectrum did you choose on your two cob-panel?

Keep it green!

Wilbur

Thanks Wilbur, I don't have a 2 cob panel, the larger one in the middle is a 300 watt (potential) panel using 3 watt leds. It a cheapo full spectrum unit that has been working well. I plan to add another like it to the space and move the two strip fixtures underneath to the sprout zone one of these days. Thanks for stopping in.

• Thanks 1

Time for a quick update before I tackle some Spring chores.

I chopped Phuuu's IPA's #1 & 2 yesterday and my house smells wonderful, unless you're my better half who is not as fond of it as I. The IPA is in the top 5 of stinkiest bud I've grown, it permeates everywhere.

I moved Sugar Punch fem #1 into 12's last week and just put #2 in today. Both are looking good with #2 being a bit bushier. They'll have plenty of room to stretch out now, I'm eager to see their progress.

The 4 Blue Magoo sprouts are coming along. Three of them have been up-potted to #1's and moved to the upper veg area. The other one was a malformed to begin with. It took awhile to realize it had 3 cotyledons folded up on each other keeping the top from emerging. I pulled them apart and it finally stated to grow normally but it is a good week behind the other two. Curious to see if it has any anomalies from here on.

Here's a shot of the oddball BM.

Blue Magoo 3 cotyledon sprout.jpg

And here are the other 3 BM's

Blue Magoo sprouts just uppotted.jpg

This is Sugar Punch #2 just before going to the flower room.

Sugar Punch with Blue Magoo sprouts.jpg

And here is SP #1 after 5 days in 12's.

Blue Magoo #1 - 4 days flower.jpg

Blue Magoo #1 - 4 days flower looking down.jpg

On to the sticky stuff.

Phuuu's IPA #1 @ 10 weeks

Phuuus IPA #1 - 10 weeks flower - main cola top.jpg

Phuuus IPA #1 - 10 weeks flower - buds.jpg

Phuuus IPA #1 - 10 weeks flower - bud shot.jpg

Phuuu's IPA #2 @ 10 weeks

Phuuus IPA #2 - 10 weeks flower - main cola top.jpg

Phuuus IPA #2 - 10 weeks flower - buds.jpg

Phuuus IPA #2 - 10 weeks flower - bud shot.jpg

OK, chores are calling so I'll see you next time. Go Portland Trail Blazers!

• Like 10

I love stinky pot. :) I have to give the IPA another try as soon as I get set up downstairs. As I sit here drinking an IPA. heh. I'm getting behind but want to get that one going. I fell in love with her a long time ago. Still looks like the same beauty I remember from then. Nice growing Beach!

peace

• Like 1

Thanks Mr. G, I never tire of growing Phuuu's IPA, it has a number of phenos to keep me interested and it is always frostyville.

• Like 2

Beautiful plants there @BeachBud!

Like your garden, nice and clean, on the perpetual.

Those Phuuuu IPAs have some crystals, for sure.

What's with the "krinkly" down leaves?

I had a DP Charlotte's Angel photo that did that from young. Worse than what you had...

Didn't know if it was too much watering, so experimented with less watering, then more.

Didn't seem to change a thing.

Any ideas, if I encounter it again?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Maria sanchez said:

Beautiful plants there @BeachBud!

Like your garden, nice and clean, on the perpetual.

Those Phuuuu IPAs have some crystals, for sure.

What's with the "krinkly" down leaves?

I had a DP Charlotte's Angel photo that did that from young. Worse than what you had...

Didn't know if it was too much watering, so experimented with less watering, then more.

Didn't seem to change a thing.

Any ideas, if I encounter it again?

Thanks Maria. The krinkly leaves as you say on IPA #2 are genetic. I have seen them in a number of IPA's. Like you I first thought it was something I did but it is not. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeachBud said:

Thanks Maria. The krinkly leaves as you say on IPA #2 are genetic. I have seen them in a number of IPA's. Like you I first thought it was something I did but it is not. 

NAW...........looked back through your grows..................you are extremely on top of things, and all your runs look "Sanitary" .  Just built into the plants is all. I have 1 that will do the same thing, but only on lower leaf's, and rarely on new growth.

Your IPA's, whatever  they are, are extremely photogenic and your pic's are beautiful!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JetDro said:

Your IPA's, whatever  they are, are extremely photogenic and your pic's are beautiful!

Hey JetDro, thanks for stopping by and the kind words.

Phuuu's IPA is a poly hybrid composed of AK47 x Northern Lights that was hit with Super Skunk pollen. I worked it for about 18 months and developed 2 phenos, #2 and #5 that I made seeds from. These are from #2.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, BeachBud said:

Hey JetDro, thanks for stopping by and the kind words.

Phuuu's IPA is a poly hybrid composed of Northern Lights x AK47 that was hit with Super Skunk pollen. I worked it for about 18 months and developed 2 phenos, #2 and #5 that I made seeds from. These are from #2.

Cool...............looks to me like you did a good job  :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BeachBud said:

That's a relief. Will keep in mind when I get around to growing out my remaining Charlotte's Angel beans.

• Like 1

Always good to peek in your garden my friend :wave: 

hope you and yours are doing excellent! Take care!

cheers!! :bier

• Like 1

Hey oldschoolsg, nice to see you.

All is good here, trying to keep up with Spring but seem to be losing the battle.

Cheers to you as well....:spliff:

• Like 1

What up beach bud! :) 

Think it’s time you treat us with some more wonderful pic of your beautiful garden :wave:

take it easy!

• Like 1

yeah oldschoolsg, hard to keep up my posting duties when there is so much to do. Been working on a new walkway behind the house, digging out dirt, putting in pressure treated boards and gonna fill it with gravel. Damn grass needs mowing and some edging needs doing. Then weed killer and weed eating time. Spring sucks...lol.

Got a busy weekend coming up so maybe early next week I can get an update done. The Sugar Punch are starting to build some nice buds and they smell wonderful, much like juicy fruit gum.

Have a nice weekend bro.

• Like 2

Man, I hear you Beach... this is a very hard time for me just around the yard. Too much to do, and no children to make help me. lol. 

It'll only get more busy from here. Then, we'll be back here in full force in the cool fall.

Best vibes on your projects. I'm knee deep into mine now, too.

peace

• Like 1

Happy hump day to all my working friends. Time for a quick update before I get to mowing the grass.

Not a whole lot going on right now. The 2 Sugar Punch girls are shaping up nicely. I have a tall one and a short one, the shorter one is 6 days less is 12's than the taller one. The shorter one also has more vertically oriented branches while the tall one has more horizontally oriented branches that I had to tie up with wire. Both of them have a wonderful sweet tart like smell.

In the veg area I have 3 Blue Magoo youngsters, 2 are female and one still unknown. I put the one male I have to 12's two days ago. One of the 3 left in veg is a bit of a mutant. It had 3 cotyledons that were folded over each other early on and had to be pried apart before it started growing. Since then it has shown good growth but its leaves are all crinkled and malformed. I'll see how it looks once I can sex it and decide whether or not to keep it going.

I found some Green Ale pollen I stashed away and forgot about. It is maybe a year or more old so not sure if it is still viable. I decided try it on a couple of Sugar Punch #1 buds and see if it takes. 

OK, on to the pics. First up is the veg area. Sorry, I forgot to set the white balance so they are bathed in led light.

Veg area - Blue Magoo - side shot.jpg

Veg area - Blue Magoo - looking down.jpg

Here's a look at the flower room, seems a bit empty at the moment. Sugar Punch girls on the right and the Blue Magoo male on the left.

flower room - 5-29-19.jpg

Blue Magoo male

Blue Magoo male - 2 days flower.jpg

Sugar Punch #2 @ 27 days

Sugar Punch #2 - 20 days flower.jpg

Sugar Punch #2 - 20 days flower - main cola.jpg

Sugar Punch #1 @ 33 days

Sugar Punch #1 - 26 days flower.jpg

Sugar Punch #1 - 26 days flower - main cola.jpg

Sugar Punch #1 - 26 days flower - bud shot.jpg

That's it for now. Looks like the Blue Magoo girls will need another couple weeks of veg. Curious to see how the mutant develops and whether it will still be around for the next update. 

Time to get going around here. Cya next time. :wave:

• Like 6