•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

August. How the heck did that happen?

Summertime at the beach and the people are everywhere. Our population on this little peninsula rises by the thousands on a busy summer day so we spend much of our time these days hiding out at home. Good news is we have never gotten so much yard work done before as my aching muscles can attest.

My flower room is filled with IPA's. The two elder girls are 61 days in and the 4 clones are 25 days in. I have been trying to turn one of the clones with silver thiosulfate and after 5 weeks of treatment it is now loaded with male flowers. Now I hope they continue to progress and make me lots of pollen.

My only source around here for Sunshine Mix #4 or any other soilless medium has been out for weeks and says it will be weeks more before it is available again. I tried reusing some for my last batch of IPA clones and they are a good foot shorter than the previous ones. I may have to go back to dirt for awhile until the soilless supply chain gets back on track. Anyone else having this trouble in other parts of the country?

Ok, on to the pics...

f;ower room 8-4-20.jpg

Phuuus IPA - 61 days flower - side view.jpg

Phuuus IPA - 61 days flower - main cola.jpg

Phuuus IPA - 61 days flower - main cola top.jpg

Phuuus IPA - 61 days flower - bud shot.jpg

Phuuus IPA - 61 days flower - bud shot 2.jpg

Phuuus IPA - 61 days flower - up close.jpg

And here is one of many buds that are showing male flowers now.

Phuuus IPA - female turned male.jpg

:D

That's all for now. I hope you all are staying safe and keeping em green. :tu

• Like 6

good luck with the "fem pollen",hope you gonna get lotsa fem seeds from. ...the male flowers do look great already   ...as the other Ladies do :tu

• Like 1

Thankfully, a nice onshore flow has returned bringing clouds and much cooler temps to the beach. For a few days it was hotter than a $2 pistol and we, like most here, do not have AC. It was pretty good timing though since I had 2 IPA's to chop and it was too hot to go outside anyway.

My only local (20 miles away) source for growing medium has been out of the one brand, Sunshine Mix #4, that they carry for weeks. I happened to go by there last weekend and found 1 bale sitting all alone on the shelf, like it was waiting for me. Now I can get on with the next run once I decide what it will be. Hopefully their supply chain will improve soon.

Here's a look at the flower room.

flower room - 8-15-20.jpg

This batch of Phuuu's IPA have been exceptional. The clone I turned with silver thiosulfate has a ton of male flowers that I hope will start releasing pollen soon and pollinate itself. Fingers crossed.

She male getting close.jpg

The other 3 clones are progressing nicely after 36 days in 12's though they are considerably smaller than their elders. Here's a look at one of them.

IPA clone - 36 days flower.jpg

IPA clone - 36 days flower - main cola.jpg

IPA clone - 36 days flower -  bud shot.jpg

On to one of the big girls @ 75 days and she is well endowed for sure...

Phuuus IPA - 75 days flower.jpg

Phuuus IPA - 75 days flower - main cola.jpg

Phuuus IPA - 75 days flower - up close.jpg

Phuuus IPA - 75 days flower - bud shot.jpg

Phuuus IPA - 75 days flower - bud shot 2.jpg

Phuuus IPA - 75 days flower - bud shot 3.jpg

Phuuus IPA - 75 days flower - bud shot 4.jpg

Time to figure out what comes next. I want to start a Green Ale fem or two but still deciding on another. I'll be back to share when I make up my mind. Until then enjoy the rest of summer as much as you can. :dope:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Is Sunshine Mix #4 the one very high in perlite? I think the Octopot people say it can be used straight out of the bag. (Octos require a mix with 40% perlite.)

1 hour ago, Misterdirt said:

Sunshine 

Hi MD I know jethro uses that but he mixes worm casing and perlite 

but I believe there’s enough perlite in it already 

• Like 1

I would guess it's just peat moss and perlite. I'd probably want to mix something else in there, too.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 1:19 PM, Misterdirt said:

Is Sunshine Mix #4 the one very high in perlite? I think the Octopot people say it can be used straight out of the bag. (Octos require a mix with 40% perlite.)

It does not give a percentage breakdown on their site, they have a pie chart and it looks like perlite is about 40%

8902Sunshine_Mix4.png

Sunshine 4 has a highly soluble nutrient charge equivalent to about one liquid feeding with a complete fertilizer, plus trace elements at a normal rate. Ingredients: Canadian sphagnum peat moss, coarse grade perlite, gypsum, dolomitic lime and Sun Gro's long-lasting wetting agent.

Wow, that's a big pie chart...lol

• Haha 1

Good to know.  I'm hoping to avoid mixing it up myself. I use the throw it all on a tarp and lift the sides to tumble it all around method. I always wonder if I tumbled it enough. I suppose with visual clues, like white perlite vs. brown moss, it wouldn't be as difficult.

• Like 1

Hello from a smokey beach. You may have seen our west coast is on fire. Over 100 large fires currently rage throughout the region and smoke has been a real concern here for the last week or so. Ash covers everything outside and the air quality is in the danger zone. Looks like rain comes in on Monday so hopefully it will lighten up a little.

We've been hotter than heck here until the smoke rolled in and cooled us down 20 degrees. The flower room has been in the 90's for a couple weeks with the fan on high all day. The girls are showing their displeasure with canoeing fan leaves, they only need to go another week thankfully.

I put the roof on our seating area in the back yard so it is officially done now and we've been making good use of it until the smoke showed up. I put up some solar lights recently and they give a nice easy light when it gets dark. A cold beer next to the fire table under the lights while toking on my vape. Doesn't get much better.

In the veg area I have 3 IPA x Nepalma CBD that I am calling Red IPA and one Green Ale fem. The Red IPA sprouted faster than the GA and have not looked back. One of them (#2) is considerably taller than the other two and one (#3) is really short and stout. Gonna be interesting to see what comes from these.

OK, enough chit chat, on to the pics...

Red IPA and Green Ale vegging.jpg

Red IPA #1.jpg

Red IPA #2.jpg

Red IPA #3.jpg

Green Ale fem.jpg

flower room 9-12-20 Phuuus IPA clones at 9 weeks.jpg

Phuuus IPA clone #1 - main cola top - 64 days.jpg

Phuuus IPA clone #2 - main cola top - 64 days.jpg

Phuuus IPA clone #3 - main cola top - 64 days.jpg

Phuuus IPA clone - 64 days - bud shot 4.jpg

Phuuus IPA clone - 64 days - bud shot.jpg

Phuuus IPA clone - 64 days - bud shot 3.jpg

Phuuus IPA clone - 64 days - bud shot 2.jpg

Phuuus IPA clone - 64 days - up close.jpg

IMG_20200912_102235.jpg

IMG_20200912_102623.jpg

This shot was taken at around 11 am today and it isn't fog.

IMG_20200912_102424.jpg

:(

That's all for now. Stay safe out there, cya next time.

• Sad 5

We're all witnessing something very big, ignored for too long.

• Like 2

Wow Beach, ran across this picture from a local news channel here. Michigan is actually seeing that smoke as well! That is smoke across Lake Michigan, not clouds.

Eh1CA7eXgAcdBCp.png

• Sad 2

Best estimate is 5 million acres burned so far in the western states.
We always have wind here on the coast, always. For days now it has been strangely calm and only light winds in the forecast.

Here's a pic showing that smoke going to Michigan from the southern fires....crazy.

The satellite image showing the wildfire smoke. The area in the orange contour is smoke in the mid-upper levels of the atmosphere that has reached Michigan, according to the National Weather Service Weather Prediction Center, which notes that the red contour shows dense smoke near the West Coast.

1 hour ago, organically challenged said:

good thing they stopped logging and forest work to save the owls.......

The owl is not to blame here. It is an easy culprit but one not supported by reality. Forest management has far greater challenges than the spotted owl.

This has much more to do with climate change and local weather conditions that came together to greatly intensify the fires. East winds of 40-60 miles an hour raced through newly started fires blowing them up exponentially.

• Like 1

Those are nice looking girls beach! :tu

• Like 1