•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Happy Friday folks.

I've officially declared this a day off except from my OpenGrow duties. I spent some time pruning a tree with a chainsaw yesterday and my muscles (or lack of them) are complaining today. Now I can mow under it without fear of being knocked off the mower and the flowers at the base of the tree will get some needed sun. Scratch one more chore off the list.

All is well in the grow room or I should say flower room because for the first time in recent memory I have no plants vegging. I would have started some seeds by now but we plan to take a little vacation coming up and I won't be around for a few days to open and close the door between the two rooms. With nothing in the veg room I can leave the door open. If it were not summer I could leave the door closed but it does not cool properly that way so I will eat a couple of weeks time for the sake of vacation.

I pulled the Green Ale male earlier in the week and have already gathered pollen from him. Then I pulled the Head Candy male and wait for him to do his thing. That has made the flower room less crowded which is good because everyone is growing rapidly.

I put the Sour Mango x Golden Diesel to 12's 5 days ago and trimmed a couple fan leaves off of each. This helped the undergrowth considerably as you can see below.

SMxGD first day 12's

gallery_7905_6032_130818.jpg

SMxGD 5 days in

gallery_7905_6032_47125.jpg

gallery_7905_6032_65346.jpg

gallery_7905_6032_212368.jpg

As I wait on the Head Candy male the HC female is shaping up nicely. She is 10 days in 12's and about 36" tall, up from the 19" she went in at. Hard to get a decent shot of her as she is in the front of the class so the lighting is bad.

gallery_7905_6032_164600.jpg

Next up is the Green Ale girl and she continues to impress. She is 19 days in 12's and has grown from 10" to just over 36" at the moment. She has a very open structure and longer internode spacing than the IPA's and she is sporting big ass 11 fingered fans, also not an IPA trait. I do see some resemblance to the G13 I grew some time ago. Here's a couple pics.

gallery_7905_6032_255903.jpg

gallery_7905_6032_61133.jpg

gallery_7905_6032_50714.jpg

That leaves the 2 Phuuu's IPA girls who are 6 weeks in now.

gallery_7905_6032_250932.jpg

gallery_7905_6032_204880.jpg

gallery_7905_6032_215058.jpg

Whew! This update has been done over the course of about 2 hours. Had to take a break twice because the site would not respond. I hope they figure this out soon.

Thanks for stopping by everyone.

• Like 9

I forgot to come back lol gosh your garden is gorgeous. The leaves, when they were small, look Thick lol. Really nice grow, beautiful job.

• Like 1

That's quite some stretch! I'd like to see how the buds fill in as time progresses.

• Like 1

I reached my limit on likes, very rare but dang if the rhymin thread didnt get em, love that!

Happy plants often illustrate happy people and I think that might be your secret ingredient!

Keep on keepin on,

Hempyfan!

• Like 3

Thanks to all for the kind words. :tu I am really pleased with the change to Sunshine Mix #4 and glad I finally convinced myself to make the switch. That along with Kelp4Less nutes is giving consistently good results.

I am really liking the looks of the Green Ale. She has slowed her stretch some as she passes 42" and is starting to build buds. I am planning to hit her with the GA pollen I gathered last week and make a bunch of seeds.

In other news, this morning we handed off our second foster dog to his new family. We had Lambo for about three weeks, he came to us undernourished, very timid and needing surgery. He joined his new family all healed up, 6 pounds heavier and ready for love.

Tomorrow we welcome our third boxer dog foster. His name is Woody and he has had a rough go of it. He is 7 years old, emaciated and has a tumor that needs removed but he is too weak and scared for surgery. He will need some time to decompress and recover. He comes from a group of brothers and sisters that were severely mistreated and it will take some time to win his trust and get him on the road to a new life. Wish us luck as we work with this poor fella.

We volunteer with a regional boxer rescue organization called Wigglin Homes Boxer Rescue if any of you state side folks on the west coast might be interested in a new dog. If you've never had a boxer dog you have missed a lot of love a companionship, they are remarkably sweet dogs. It breaks my heart that some are treated so badly.

• Like 8

Thanks Barrie, I have always had the desire to give back in some way. When my leg went south I had to give up my volunteering to a great extent. I was very involved in youth baseball, I was a volunteer firefighter/EMT and I helped out the local Cub/Boy Scout program. I have looked here and there since to find something compatible with my abilities and it turns out fostering dogs is something I'm both good at and able to do with limited mobility. So, it's a win, win for both me and the dogs.

• Like 4

@Beachbud, fresh out of likes. Huge thumbs up to you, brother

• Like 1

Well thanks Justcozz, appreciate the feedback. :tu

Summer would be great if it weren't for all the chores that go along with it. Yesterday I scrubbed the back deck, something I do every year, and I'm always amazed how much crude comes out of the wood. It gets oiled every other year which is this year so that is on the books when we return from vacation. First I need to scrub the front deck which is larger and has wood lattice around it. Biggest mistake I made when I built the deck was using wood lattice, it is a pain in the arse to scrub clean.

Been busy in the grow room lately. I've gathered pollen from Green Ale and Head Candy males. Pollinated the GA girl with GA pollen this week and will hit the HC girl with HC pollen next week.

The Phuuu's IPA girls are 7 weeks in 12's and will need to be pulled in about 10 days so I figured I better re-arrange the flower room before the others get any larger. Both the Sour Mango x Golden Diesel girls and the Head Candy girl are growing like proverbial weeds and the new arrangement gives them more elbow room. Even so, it's a good thing I don't have to worry about closing the flower room door atm because I can't.

gallery_7905_6032_49725.jpg

Before rearranging

gallery_7905_6032_124014.jpg

After rearranging

gallery_7905_6032_109396.jpg

The Green Ale girl has finally stopped her stretch at about 50 inches after going to 12's at 10 inches. I pollinated her with GA pollen earlier this week and hope for a bunch of beans. She is 26 days in 12's and starting to bud out nicely.

gallery_7905_6032_59797.jpg

gallery_7905_6032_163521.jpg

gallery_7905_6032_19943.jpg

The 2 Sour Mango x Golden Diesel girls are looking pretty good after 12 days in 12's. The have stretched some and I've pruned a few big fans to open them up a little.

gallery_7905_6032_133424.jpg

gallery_7905_6032_220257.jpg

The Head Candy girl shot right up to 48" in her first 2 weeks of 12's so I bent her top. She is 17 days in 12's now and starting to bud out. This is my first experience with HC and I'm really looking forward to another NAW gem.

gallery_7905_6032_11626.jpg

That leaves the 2 IPA girls who are getting pretty fragrant these days. Be glad when I can pull them next week so it won't be so crowded in there.

gallery_7905_6032_161161.jpg

gallery_7905_6032_215615.jpg

gallery_7905_6032_38610.jpg

Gonna take a few days with the better half and go down the Oregon coast to Pacific City. I see sand, micro brews and good food on the horizon. It's always nice to get out of town now and then. Here's hoping the great weather we've been having holds up.

See you all on the flip side. :verrygood

• Like 11

beauties !!!

i realy like the GA leaves ...the building buds as well ! .....good luck on your special-BX ,xing my fingers!

enjoy the trip south and trink a cold one for me too :bier

• Like 1

Second on Saxo! Green Ale looks amazing :showoff: like the structure of the plant and love the leaveshape :innocent:

Enjoy your trip BB :excl:

• Like 2

Thanks everyone :tu

That looks yummy saxo, what can you tell us about how it smells and smokes?

• Like 1

Thanks BB & Leo !!

the bud smells a lil lemony-sour with a heavy animal aroma...very hard to descripe ..reminds me kinda of Phuu´s IPA,i had bevor.

when smokeing,the smell changed to rubber/tire and to something that reminds me of frying liver in a pan(...in lack of a better description)

it´s a thick,dense smoke/taste....not fruity,sweet or candy taste in it ,but pleasant and yummy :yummy:

gallery_1237_692_199494.jpg

.....its pretty stoney stuff, very nice to spend a rainy sunday afternoon at the couch watching tv or dvd

you guys gonna love it,i guess :verrygood

• Like 8

I like liver in a pan :D does it have that bitter smell?

Good to hear about the smoke, i'm also pretty sure i will like it.

• Like 1

lol, I do love a saxo description, but as one who does not fry liver I am left to wonder. :P

• Like 2

Frying liver smells great, especially with onions hmmm... :D

• Like 3

your right,it´s the mixed liver/onion smell...maybe ???

i was checking the " aroma-wheel of pot " and there was no liver,meat or something like that...the only one close was bacon lol

it´s deff a common weed smell and i´m sure,other peeps will call it diverent

• Like 1

Liver should only be fried with onions, ever. Only one random hotel in Poland when I lived there made liver in a fashion that was acceptable to my taste palette. Other than that, it's one of the few foods that makes me gag.

Nice that you're getting out of the house for a vaca, even though it's all those chores that are keepin' you young :D

As always, beautiful pictures both BeachBud and Saxo! I think Saxo is the most consistent both in terms of number of varieties grown, and sharing them with us in beautiful pics of plants and cured buds. Love it!

• Like 5