•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Vasco de Gama

Greenhouse humidity issue.

Hi all, I have a question for the greenhouse growers on OG.

How do I lower the humidity?

My Blueberry and Hindu autos have atarted blooming and the humidity is stuck between 60 and 70 %. On very warm days the humidty drops to about 50-55, but that is one in two weeks.

I have two fans at opposite ends for air circulation and I water first thing in the morning so water evaporates over the course of the day.

I have read a few articles and studies about this in big greenhouses and a recurring option is to add a heater to lower humidity.

I am however not in a postion to do this in my greenhouse.

Whats up?

Anybody have some tips for me?

Vasco

Air circulation is your best friend. Put some fans in their and your hunidity shoud be fine with mold resistant strains. In my experience atleast. Open roof windows if you have them and pray;)

Adding a healty amount of lava rock dust might help, ive encountered less mould issues since i started using it but seeing objective results is difficult when every grow has different circumstances and strains.

Other then that: colder air can carrie less water, if you can input this into your gh your rv will lower. When it heats up in your greenhouse the rv of the cold air will lower (whillst it carried excactly the same amount of water...)

Heaters is for commercial factory like greenhouses, hot air can carry more water; but pulling hot air into your greenhouse is definitly a no go i assume... but even the closed ones will open the windows when temps hit 27 plus to get rid of heat and humidity (lossing co2 and what not.)

• Like 2

It sounds like you are doing all you can

All I got is , less plants , but who wants that lol

Maybe you'll be fine as more warmer days to come : )

You might want to check into something like the https://ecoloblue.com/en/content/9-how-it-works, it's a bit pricy, but I saw one on a thread a while back. Drops the humidity quite a bit and supplies all the water you need. The one I saw the guy used the RO water for his hydro system. Said it supplied more water then his RO machine. There might be less costly options out there

• Like 1

You are doing all that is Required. Maybe the soil is not absorbing the extra moisture. I suggest you to change the soil or add some and which might help you in tapping the moisture.