•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
gardenartus

Update: Toxic Vape Oil Additives Endanger Patients

NOTE THIS And vegetable glycerin did not produce detectable amounts of any of the toxins studied. That is why I make the ejuice from glycerin only.

A recent peer-reviewed article in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (JACM) validated the dangers of PG and presented evidence that PEG is even more hazardous when heated. Scientists at the Medical Marijuana Research Institute in Arizona studied the degradation of PG, PEG, vegetable glycerin, and medium-chain triglycerides (such as coconut oil). They heated these compounds to 230˚C, a high but plausible temperature for a vaporizer. PEG produced a large amount of acetaldehyde and formaldehyde, two carcinogens. Their work also confirmed that PG decomposes into formaldehyde at this temperature.

“[F]ormaldehyde inhalation has been linked to increased incidence of myeloid leukemia and nasopharyngeal cancer,” the scientists noted. They determined that the amount of formaldehyde produced by heating pure PEG is comparable to the amount of formaldehyde one inhales when smoking a single tobacco cigarette. Medium-chain triglycerides produced a tiny amount of acetaldehyde (approximately 33 times less than PEG). And vegetable glycerin did not produce detectable amounts of any of the toxins studied.

https://www.projectcbd.org/article/update-toxic-marijuana-vape-oil-additives-endanger-patients

I hope this is not true but I will say some things going on in this as well. That said, I dont trust that shit anyways. For me a pen vaporizer with a fluid is a gimmick for the most part but I that is my personal view on them. I do not smoke tobacco so I see it from a non smoker perspective but those who do smoke I understand it.

That said again, I see people using pen vapes to get their nicotine with no desire to truly stop all the time. I am sure for them this is a bigger issue than the cannabis people but I just talk a personal view on that part.

The government does not like vaporizing and wants to largely remove it. I know what they did to some early vaporizing companies as I was affected as I worked in that industry at one time.

Be wary of peer reviews. If I was to look at the peer review I will likely find issues with it and I am talking their process. The whole science community is largely bull shit in this now. The correct ones, regular people will not easily get access too.

They now do acrobatic math to say what they want and when you follow the money (do not easily believe peer reviews you see and yes their a major peer review journals that have misused by the sneaky. As a result the "correct" scientific community for these respected peer reviews are now redoing their management aspects as to better protect their names. However, this is relatively recent and the regular person would not have this information.

Peer review, must be done my many before you can trust it, then you look at the money and those who have a name in it and run them. You often will not like what you find. I know much about this and my wife wrote grants that helped make the space shuttle and many other science things. I do not speak as an outsider on these things.

When we see science in the news, it is about politics to advertisements and not about informing us correct as it is a manipulation for the large part. Real science does not correctly come to us and such ways.

I leave with a song that describes it best:

• Like 2

thank you for the information.

my friend is an older individual who just recently got a vaperizer pen from her son and enjoys that more than smoking joints now because of its efficiency and stealthiness. I know how to make oil and I can access vegetable glycerin. My question is how do you emulsify them together so that they stay in solution? I read a bit about this and all i could find was individuals using expensive lab equipment (magnetic stirring hotplates and emulsion tools) that i am not going to be purchasing to do a friend a favor. The two devices were anywhere from 300$-2000$ each.

Therefore, knowing this is a popular method of consumption, is there a cheap/easy way to mix them together?

Thanks for your time :)

• Like 2

I just infused glycerin medipuffs. Like we do butter or tinctures. You can also just use wax or the oil in the one pens. That is what I would recommend personally. To use the pure oil or wax in a pen, avoiding adding anything. I had a pen that would vape the oil or wax. If I were to dissolve the oil in the glycerin, I would use a sonic jewelry cleaner. It isn't as effective if you had the sonic stirrer but it helps some. I would put it in a double boiler and mix, bottle it up and put it in the sonic cleaner. But seriously if he gets the correct pen, he can use pure oil or wax in it and avoid the glycerin.

• Like 2