•           ai.php.gif

Pedro Bann

Kronocaine by Whazzup - Gifted from HillCrest

Question and I apologize if the answer is in front of me, an common infliction with me is not seeing what is in front of me haha.

Anyways, my question. Is the male in the room with the females?

• If so, well boys will be boys and girls will be girls and this can be a problem if you are doing an open pollination.

I am not really a fan of open pollination, I speak for myself and not the practice itself and I will explain.

When doing an open pollination you do two things potentially detrimental.

• You lose control of the dispersal of pollen. When this is done inside it can problematic as runaway pollen has a way of coming home long after wanted. In short, you can get pollen interactions as times you do not desire it and can show up in following grows as well.
  • The longer you leave the male in the area, the more hanky panky over time and you will get seeds developing at different times. So you can get seeds that range from mature to immature. (This can cause some nutrient issues similar to a difficult pregnancy but is not overly serious unless you make pine cones and the plant is not in good condition, you look good in that so I speak out of caution and to act smart haha.)

I never liked the boys being with the girls for those main reasons. I advocate a men's room/tent and a love tent! Always change clothes, shoes, hats, shower and everything after playing with the boys before going into the girls room.

Use the paint brush technique to pollinate your girls. It turns em on! Literally, well for seed making. After impregnating you will want to ensure when you feed you increase a bit of calcium.

Do not let get to late as your plant is burning up its internally stored energy and when making seeds, you need that more than simply flowering without making seed.

I do not easily give dates but by looking at the plants. As soon as they stop stretching I liked to pollinate but that can be a bit subjective but around week 4 generically I would say. If doing a long sativa increase time a bit, if very fast indica then a bit shorter but like I said, I liked to wait until the plant stopped stretching or very close to it.

I look forward to seeing your work make you proud! Breeding and making selections are my favorite things in cannabis. Well that and making dirt. I was more proud of my dirt than I was my plants but that is another story!

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

There will be no open pollination here Hempyfan, the stud has his own cabinet with it's own negative pressure airflow.

Both of the cabinets are in the same room though and although I always open the cabinet with the male in it second to the flowering cab I am expecting to see the odd seed appear in some of the other females too but this will be a good thing rather than bad as there will be some Kronocaine crossed with other genetics.

• Like 2

The weekly update... 37 days from seed.

Pretty self explanatory, the male outgrew the cab he is in so he was bent over and some baking paper under him to catch pollen and the female has grown quite a bit.

gallery_16643_6058_2754410.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_739505.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_4901264.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_1402798.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_5091018.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_3656917.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_3174526.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_5261615.jpg

• Like 3

I love it!

Horny boys will be horny boys!

• Like 1

Little plants with fat leaves... you gotta love seeing that!!

It's still too soon to tell which side of the fence they're from, but that won't take too long to figure out... pretty soon they'll give up the answers that you're looking for.

Kronocaine is a bad-ass cross of a special pheno of Amnesia Haze mixed with Sannie's Herijuana IBL.

The majority of the Kronocaine phenos I've run have had a moderate lemon & pepper haze smell/flavor to them... obviously from the Amnesia Haze side.

I've had a few phenos that were more indica-leaning from the Herijuana side that were a little sweeter flavored and a couple that had the haze, lemon and pepper along with a hint of dark roasted coffee.

Good, but strange flavor combinations may be found within this cross, but it's the high that is going to grab ahold of you and set you down for a bit!

Don't let the lemon or the earthy smells fool you... this is a potent strain perfect for pain and nerve medication or to just get as high as a kite for a few hours.

This strain will impress your friends... right before they pass out!!

Grow her well and she'll stone you well. You're gonna like this one Pedro. . I'm certain of that!

I was grinning ear-to-ear when i read your comment. currently running 30 clones of kronocaine with 10 clons per mother as to experience the different phenotypes. theres one mom with some sweet dark sassy colors on her stem so I cant wait to see what this turns into and are currently working on compiling a grow report.

• Like 5

I was grinning ear-to-ear when i read your comment. currently running 30 clones of kronocaine with 10 clons per mother as to experience the different phenotypes.

I applaud you and I look forward to your findings! I love it when I see such good work to obtain an understanding. In part, we wear similar shoes!

• Like 1

That's pretty much how I collect pollen too. I usually use aluminum foil to catch pollen, strain out any vegetation and/or impurities, then put it in a vial or similar air-tight container and store it in the fridge for future use.

Keep in mind that we are stoners... labeling is important, don't forget to label your containers!.. you won't remember what it is later.

I also like to pollinate a female twice.. at the beginning of the 4th week, and again at the middle of the 5th week of flowering. Breeding cannabis brings me great joy in creating differing crosses within the same genotype and finding many different phenotypes to play with as well. Environment is everything.

I'm sure you'll have fun crossing these two Kronocaine phenotypes... think of all the different Krono phenos that may be found by crossing them!

You'll have Kronos seeds for the rest of your life!

• Like 1

Keep in mind that we are stoners... labeling is important, don't forget to label your containers!.. you won't remember what it is later.

I damn near spit up my beer laughing. I would of charged for that haha! Bravo!!!

More wisdom and good insight than I ever acted like I know haha

Hey hey, curios, why the alum foil favored? I was always partial to butcher paper or regular paper. Any reason for the aluminum foil? I have no real reason for being partial for what i use other than what I was told and never wavered from that so it is one of those things I just did and never asked a question, kinda odd for me I see now.

She's already damn beautiful for 44 days !!

Now if it worked, you should see the hair curl and brown.

Hope to see baby soon !

I'm on the same stage with Big White / Heribe.

Good luck !

• Like 1

I can't even hate, you're doing the Kronocaine far more justice than my setup would've. DesertGrown isn't exaggerating either, you're sure to be a big fan

• Like 1

Day 53 from seed;

As it turns out it ended up being pretty much a whole pollination of everything in the cabinet other than the younger Big Hero (Big Kush x Herijuana) which I guess didn't have many pistils.

Now I'm not sure this would be classed as an open pollination as there was only one target Kronocaine female?

Anyhoo I know i am not a photographer but heres some images... seed factory

Kronocaine

gallery_16643_6058_2957650.jpg

seeded lil lanky branch/bud

gallery_16643_6058_2359849.jpg

One of the deliberately pollinated lower buds on the Kronocaine

gallery_16643_6058_1733221.jpg

There are some other pics of the others that got pollinated but I will place them in my SOG thread.

The other strains that got pollinated are Big Hero (Big Kush x Herijuana), Blue Widow and White Widow from Dinafem, Gorilla Bomb by Bomb Seeds and a little Rosetta Stone by Brothers Grimm

• Like 8

58 Days from seed.

the Kronocaine has/had a few male flowers show up but it's probably my fault because I have had the door open working in the cab a few times when the lights were off.

All is good and maturing up nicely and expect the seeds will be ready by the 21st of October when it and all the other pollinated plants will be chopped down. So if all goes well there is 3 weeks left.

I have never seen lanky spasms coming from the buds before other than in other peoples pictures.

heres my pictures.

gallery_16643_6058_756164.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_1066519.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_4211194.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_1049116.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_3005700.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_543303.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_1973288.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_3484264.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_251175.jpg

• Like 2

Kronocaine @ 81 total days from seed.

Well it's chop down time at least for the main cola.

I had forgotten to take pictures before I done the chop so I held the trimmed cola in place on the plant and took a bunch of shots.

The lower half will grow for another week to help ensure more viable seeds.. 3 nice dark ones have already been removed from still closed calyxes but some of the ones that broke out of the calyxes early are still light in colour, maybe those ones detached and stopped growing?

gallery_16643_6058_2040478.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_4255115.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_805204.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_956399.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_1525037.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_729188.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_3728314.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_3458446.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_711121.jpg

gallery_16643_6058_636329.jpg

I might have to get an experienced smoker to help with a smoke report.

Happy days.

• Like 8