•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Gimme5minutes

Freedom Dream

Freedom Dream smoke report

Appearance: Eek! More leaf than bud, breaking it up is like trying to debone a fish, even a manicured bud. You can't just grind it, you have pick it apart to find the bits you can smoke. If I didn't know for sure this was weed I would be skeptical. There's practically no visible resin, just tiny bumps and very little at that.

Smell: A little like coffee or unsweetened chocolate, just nuances, not a strong scent. No sweetness to it.

Taste: Smokey, harsh and woody, something reminds me of pipe tobacco with hints of envelope glue.

Effect: Doesn't do anything positive or have a noticeable effect for me. I find I have to keep spitting out the burning taste in my mouth. I can't finish the doobie, its just too nauseating.

Overall: Don't waste your time, it doesn't deserve even 1 out of 10.

thanks for the heads up but i'd like to know, where did this come from? did you or someone you know grow it from seed, or was it purchased in a store?

i've never heard of the strain and i'd like to know who the breeder responsible is, and any chance if the sample sucks because it was grown in poor conditions. i've done that a few times, started with good genetics but had an unfavorable outcome because vpd was way off, or something with nutrients were wrong or had bug issues ect.

Well, these were the seeds Dana Larsen from Overgrow was sending free to all Canadians for the past couple of years. They were specifically bred for the short season and Northern climate. I have 4 other neighbors who have been growing them as well with disturbingly similar results. I used about 70 of the 100 seeds that were sent and had about 50 germinate. All the males showed sex quickly (within a month of life) and under 20 hours of light. I ended up with 3 females out of approximately 50 starters. These plants were all grown under the exact same conditions of all my outdoor gear, good quality store-bought soil and compost and given direct sunlight for their entire cycle. You can find details of this under my outdoor guerilla project, 'Swamp Grow 2'. When these seeds were given away to thousands of Canadian growers last year I figured there would be a lot of smoke reports and pics of monstrous plants but they are very hard to find, The poor results might help explain why.

Freedom Dream is a commercial high CBD strain with up to 12% CBD and virtually no THC.

This strain was created for commercial seed production in Canada.

This strain may be used for pain relief, however, there will be no euphoric feelings for the user.

From the pics that I've seen of this plant being grown, the grower can expect a plant that gets around 5' tall with a moderate sized cola and small lateral branches.

• Like 1

ah i see. that helps fill in the gaps, thank you. sounds like their worth about as much as what you paid for them. i would definitely want to know something is a cbd strong and thc weak strain before cultivating it. and that germ rate is a real pisser to boot.

Mindless... that is the main thing that is being made from Freedom Dream according to just about every smoke report I've seen on this particular strain.

Apparently the "high" sucks, lmao!

I wonder how many seeds would crack open if they were germinated at 82°. I get better results with germination at a warmer temp.... but if the strain isn't what you're looking for, then I'd say it matters very little.

• Like 1

I started all these in a grow tent to begin with, I really mollycoddled them. I even bought a seed heat mat that advertised a huge increase in germination rates and cloning times. Honestly its probably the best gardening purchase I've made in years. I have 100% cloning rate now and germination is way up (I also used it to make alcohol). I even managed to get a couple of my old dead seeds to start from a batch that previously had 0% germination.

Nobody likes putting out a bad smoke report but at least its out there and its honest. If I was in a dispensary and came across a strain boasting immense seed production I wouldn't give it a second glance. Its not a total loss though, I did take the opportunity to cross one with a USC Turkish Landrace and will incorporate it into my garden next year and hopefully put out a better smoke report.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with ur report man :)

Good idea to cross one with a Turkish indica, maybe u find a special medical plant, let me know then :D

Greetz

• Like 2

from your discription i would have named the strain 'free ditchweed'. or 'ditchweed dream'.

but of course if someone wanted to make cbd extracts, a 12%er would be good for that. but who the hell wants no buzz what so ever? that's no fun.

hope you find something special in your cross made with it.

• Like 1

With that much CBD in it, it should be a good enough medical strain to help the user out with pain, discomfort and other minor ailments.

Crossing it with a Turkish Landrace should tighten up the buds and bulk it up in the flower department, but as for creating a cross with an equal amount of THC to match the CBD may take a lot of time and pheno hunting to accomplish.

The cross should be a good one... and when the correct pheno is chosen it will be a good cross to medicate and get high with.

• Like 2