•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
DevilSeed

any alternative to using horrible acoustic ducting?

I am doing some modding to my current room and now remembered just how HORRIBLE ducting is to work with.

it needs support every so many feet because or it will bend, when it bends it can come undone at the conection point, when you measure it it never equals the same once it's up due t kinks.. etc

Does anybody know any other options?

I have a 10 inch (250mm) fan so ideally want it that size

galvanized metal ducting, aluminum flex ducting or pvc pipe. but noise from fan may be more pronounced.

for insulated flexible ducting you can make a hanging shelf with a 1"x6" or wider board to support the majority of it's length.

lots and lots of options if you look for them.

can´t beat the acoustic insulated ducting if sound is an issue, especially if you are in a UK terraced house ;)

You can silence quite effectively a 10" RVK by building a 25mm mdc box and filling it with said RVK and the acoustic insulation for partition walls (60 quid for two rolls in Wickes)

this insulation is also very useful for sound proofing windows and can be hung on walls too.

sound can be a challenging problem when running 10" fan, a couple of daisy chained air cooled light fans and pedestal fans !

Sorry, i meant mdf (medium density fiberboard), it´s a dense board used in construction and cabinet making that comes in 8´x4´ sheets. the computer autocorrected it

rvk fans are the inline fans made by Systemic LTI, they powerful and last for many years, if not decades.

http://www.1-hydroponics.co.uk/fans-and-filters/extraction-fans/rvk-inline-extraction-fans.html

thank you, thought you might be referring to mdf but maybe it went by a different name in the UK.

i think develseed mentioned in another thread that he's having an issue with neighbors being in his business, may make it more critical to keep noise level down. may make it impractical to do a grow at all, better safe than sorry.

• Like 1