•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Hamme Hydro

Gavita in Germany

Hello my fellow growing friends.

As the Dutch among us know Gavita is no longer purchasable in the Netherlands. And since i really like the lamps i am thinking of driving to our easter neighbors to get another one. So i was wondering where i can get them in Germany. Preferably near the border the more North the better.

Peace,

Hamme

Still a bit far but if it is the only option worth the drive. And how about region Emden, are there an growshops that sell Gavita's?

there not many Growshops in Bordervillages lol there are headshops inOldenburg,but the half hour less driving than to Bremen won´t realy make a difference,i´d say

• Like 2

Things can change quick, yesterday my Gavita Pro 600 didn't start... So, that puts things in perspective and makes me reconsider the issue. Maybe i will go for the Lumatek instead.

I understand on how things can change quick. I so wish I did not.

just curious, have you considered cmh halide as an option. Example of high end model in 315w and you can get them at 630w: https://growershouse.com/dimlux-expert-series-315w-cmh-full-spectrum-240v

• Like 1

Yes i have considered Dimlux for a while, which some say is the better choice. It is like choosing between Coke and Pepsi. But i am about to pull the trigger on this Lumatek.

lumatec-600-of-1000-watt-230-400v-met-dimmer-en-superlumen-compleet-bekabeld.jpg

This ballast is 400 volts too just like Gavita and Dimlux, but it will not have the same starting issues that my Gavita Pro 600 has. At least, that is how it appears to me.

But that doesn't have much to do with the topic anymore. I am sorry about that mods, sometimes things happen that makes us change opinions.

• Like 1

I like 400w better it is easier to control the environment.

Keep on, keepin on!

Maybe on some paper somewhere.

It is about the environment. Almost all 1k lights I have seen (outside of professional setups) cannot run them correct as they cannot effectively manage the heat to take advantage of its strength. Many 1k lights in that scenario are raised so high they are basically 4oow or 600w lights anyways.

For me, two 400w over the same area is better than 1kw as well for most situations if you can manage the heat, better light distribution and the area where the lights cross into each other blending is even better.

• Like 4

Okay, that is quite the contrary from what i have yet read and heard on the Dutch forum but i'll take it into serious consideration because it sounds logical to me what you say. And i am guessing you will pick three times 400 watts over two times 600 watts too?

It would depend on the situation. If the environment is able to be controlled and without greater cost than the yield than it is justified and I have no problem with 600w lights.

For example: A sea of green (sog) where you want penetration as well as spread but if doing smaller plants and/or a screen of green (scrog) than perhaps depth of penetration is not so important.

• In essence take into consideration what your active growth depth is and your other height needs (light intensity/environmental conditions (space between light and plants), The sum of that information your effective grow depth.

Example:

You have a 600w light with 3.5 feet grow depth (meaning that from the top of your plant to the bottom of plant for acceptable buds).

• Then add in the space from top of plant to the light itself, lets say 2 feet so a total of 5.5 feet
  • Then add in your lower plant so lets say 2 feet for that for a total of 7.5 feet for the plant to reach optimum growth potential of the light. You need 7.5 feet of grow space minim but only will have only a 3.5 foot depth of quality plant space.

Select the light that best suits your area and grow technique based on your genetics and optimum growing range/depth with consideration for your environment and genetics. I rarely look at such things in a simple way. I kinda miss those days haha.

Some good lighting information: http://culturalheali...um/16-lighting/

• Like 1