Sign in to follow this  
saxo

Germany´s highest

I saw this on Facebook today

But 20 years ago I new a grower who did just this

Hi didn't have to worry about deer at least

But he stopped this once he fell out of the tree lol

• Like 4

the deer aspect seems to be the only advantage....it´s a shitload of work and it dangerous to the growers health climbing 25m up a tree to grow.

in a hot,dry summer one got to climb up daily for watering the pots.

the most unstealthy thing is growing in pots..even on the ground! a flowerpot in the middle of the forest is suspicious as a red elephant.

fingers x´ed ,these guys didn´t get caught !!

The pots look like ornaments on a Christmas tree. Hanging all them plants, one after another for hours -- days even, just to leave the containers undressed? Did they really never imagine this scenario?

• Like 1

Oh man i heart of this grows but never saw one myself, too dangerous for me haha

In our town the put flowerpots under the street lights about 2,50 m 3,00 high. One stoned idea while walking home was to do it like foth and place some autos in them...didn't manage to do it this year, maybe next :D

• Like 1

Wow, I haven't seen anything like this in decades!

I grew pot in the canopy of some of the large shade trees on my parents property back in the 80's to keep their prying eyes off my pot plants. They routinely made sweeps around the property specifically looking for my plants and they got to be pretty good at locating cannabis plants, but they never found any of the plants I had up in the tree canopies.

I've been working with trees the same amount to of time that I've been growing cannabis... about 37 years. Once you know your way around the inside a tree canopy, it's easy peas up there... just watch your step.

As the old saying goes... Out of sight, out of mind!

• Like 2

I tried this in a 60 liter pot once.

No insect or deer damage but a lot of work getting water up there and in the end the strong wind just destroyed it, it blew the leaves from the stems :likken:

Very cool!

• Like 2

Couple of years ago here in the Netherlands a police helicopter found big floating styrofoam platteaus that they floated to a good place on the water in spring and was then surrounded by growing cane.

Easy exess to water and a lot of sun because there is no high vegetation around.

Real guerilla tactics :ph34r:

• Like 2

Careful on a smoke break at work on that one!

• Like 1

I remember drawing up plans for a cammo treehouse with a strong diesel watering pomp and greenhouse roofplates but it was a bit to much trouble and investment for a guerilla grow :rofl

• Like 1

I remember drawing up plans for a cammo treehouse with a strong diesel watering pomp and greenhouse roofplates but it was a bit to much trouble and investment for a guerilla grow :rofl

Once upon a time I was asked to build a grow room in a tree house type of building on an island. I passed on that one but I loved the ingenuity concept but I suppose is just a bigger version of those who grow in attics which I would not easily recommend. That is a lot of carrying!

we use to put them in trees in 5 gal. buckets..my brother-in-law would cameo them ..they were on small green ropes that run down the tree to about 8' from the ground that we could reach up with a hooked pole and get them..

climbing is for climbers ..we were not..lol

we also had a very safe place to do it too.

• Like 5

either a pump to pump the water up to the plants, or a pully system to lower the plants down to water and care for. but having to climb up each time to water them would just be stupid, imho.

i made raised platforms about 6' high in the middle of thick tall bushes to put plants on, but had a lot of damage to most plants from storm winds. and second year i did it someone, either a farmer or hunter, noticed a couple of them and tore them out. i've had crap luck with gorilla grows and don't bother too much anymore.

• Like 2