•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
DevilSeed

some of my plants without direct light for 2 weeks

Hello all

Because of unfortunate circumstances some of my plants had to go without direct light, they have been receiving just the light from a distant light.

I have noticed now the tops are beginning to die, I want to try and save them, is it worth it now or have I left it too late?

Another problem is that the ones under the light are 2 weeks fatter...

I feel bad because it's a big waste of eskoseeds

F**king nosey neighbours b**stards

It must be pretty dim if they're dying. You should be able to keep plants alive with a few T-12 flouro tubes, though you will barely get any yield.

If you can't get them under stronger lighting, they'll die and you might as well get rid of them. If they can't be put under some production lighting soon, you won't get much out of them.

Shop lights of cfls will keep your plants alive for awhile if you keep them close enough.

What's up with your neighbors? Are you growing outdoors and had to move your plants in? If so that can be a shock for sure.

Fluro's can be almost touching your plants and they should do ok . Best quick and cheap solution.

Problem with neighbors making it hard to upgrade room to add more light.

Also I now just noticed that perhaps they only just started dying because I watered them and the water is not being used - could be root rot...

A real shame because I wanted to search for a good mother plant from this batch of eskos. I will try to buy a fluro fixture but any hps is out the question for now

When I was in a *Oh Shit Moment* and had to low light my girls, I would reduce the food strength I was giving them. I used ProMix, so there was nothing in it, except for what I gave them.

A simple drench, and reading the run off ppm's, would tell me how much to reduce by.

If high numbers, then just plain old water or maybe with a bit of molasses, to feed the beni's.

Yeah reduced light that deep along sucks.

• Like 3

Rule of thumb, a stressed plant will almost always take longer to recover than just starting new seeds, but you don't say how large or old these girls are, or how far into flower, which are all factors in how they'll recover. If you're revegging, it's faster to wait for evolution to design a new species, than waiting for them to re-veg, lol.

If you've never tried this, it's worth a shot, this stuff revives sick plants quicker than anything I've ever seen-http://humboldtssecret.com/items-c-1/golden-tree-p-3.html This stuff really works, used it on my sick plants, and saw a difference almost overnight.

My other secret weapon is Azomite, cheap, and stressed plants seem to love it. On an otherwise healthy plant, not too far out of veg, whose only issue was light deprivation, the Golden Tree will revive them in no time.

• Like 1

Webeblzr I think lowering the watering should help, IL try that, but hoping in a few days I get full light on them.

Dieseldog, how would u go about adding azomite to sick PLANTS? I thought azomit should b premixed in the soil and broken down by bacteria/fungi. It sounds like u water it in?

Gona also Chek out tht humboldt stuff