•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzoes

Hash Oil with (Di-ethyl)Ether as a solvent

Recently i started doing my own DMT extractions, and for that i got my self some Ether as a solvent to do full spectrum extracts.

When i tried infusing some weed with it the lazyway: just putting the solvent on the canna i noticed how it seemed to pull alot of goodies out of the weed..

So my thinker started thinking, and here i went, spraying 25 ml of Ether (liquid form) into my glass Waxy extraction tube and slowly proceeding to spay in some butane gas after having put the Ether in the freezer at -28 (Scary stuff this ether) till some delicous looking golden spay started coming out. Never before have i see it this yellow pre purge.

IMG_20170828_182108.jpg

If you have any experience making BHO you will notice how the initial "naturlal" purge is allready almost completed. This is after puting down the tube and walking back and forth to the house for y phone, like 30 seconds max.

Not that much later...

IMG_20170828_194302.jpg

Alot later cuz i got distracted... but this stuff is like instant shatter...

IMG_20170828_222428.jpg

IMG_20170828_222438.jpg

IMG_20170828_222459.jpg

A tiny bit after that.....

IMG_20170828_224055.jpg

Owkay... Need some time to procces this but so far so good...

Anyway, i'm not a chemist, nor a scientist. I was wondering if there are any people out there with any experience or thaughts concerning Ether as a solvent for Hash Oil extractions?

• Like 4

Not sure about Ether but a lot of extractions benefit from freezing everything.

Nice if you could find a way to recover your solvent.

Closed loop extraction.

• Like 1

That Ether is scary stuff dude! Remember Richard Prior Sat himself on fire using it, mind you he was freebasing. Just use Butane, put it in the freezer for the fats to coagulate, then evap it off.

Lmao, freebasing cocain like richard did only confirms you have to be utterly stupid to touch the stuff, let alone freebase it... WHO the fuck introduces a flame to ether?

Using ether the way i do is just as dangerous/safe as using Butane... Both will have you in trouble if your stupid enough to intorduce a spark to them.... Heck.. knowing how ether vapour is heavier then air, so it sinks instead of rises.... i actually prefer it.

• Like 1