•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
jamin-303

Any electricians on here who can advise on a 10 light contractor board?

Not an electrician, tho it's a fair bet that an electrician is going to advise you to pay an electrician to do the work. If you're worried about them suspecting something, use a home woodworking business or the like as an excuse. There are any number of hobbies that could justify the work, as power tools and clothes dryers tend to overload residential circuits.

Fair advice,

I have good practical skills from carpentry and construction through to mechanics and metal work so can happily follow a wiring diagram and I am fully aware of how dangerous to others let alone myself poor quality electrics pose.

The ebay link is to a board put together by an electrician with good quality parts (others on ebay are hashed together with cheap unsuitable timers and crappy 4 gang extensions) but I know it is an easy build and with a diagram ia something I would enjoy building.

I need it soon though so will buy one if needed, the if I need another I can reverse copy it.

I dont know man, I had built a lot of my own stuff, but that was due to necessity, and I am a damned tinkering fool, however that looks to be a damn fair priced piece of quality equipment to me.

In 2000 light kits were very expensive, some of us tore apart security lights and we just made the bulb from ballast cord much longer.

Then I found light maintenance kits from electrical supply houses.

So I'd order, light maintenance kits for all my lights back then 70 MH's, 150 HPS, 400's of both, 600 HPS, and 1K's HPS also.

I never had one failure of my Frankenballasts, all my fails were once I started to purchase them.

So yeah, I do understand your desire to build it.

But now that stuff is so cheap, well built, and the shop lights have some warranty on them...it's a different canna world now.

Good luck, how ever you decide.

• Like 1