•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
MrWombat

best low budget led?

So I am looking for a GOOD DIY or prebuilt led light im located in europe. I plan to use 1.2x1.2x2m tent or maybe even 1.5x1.5x2m. I heard of a china led light but cant seem to find it where do I purchase and how easy is it to assembly? I am no electrician.. If you have any tips please go ahead! Is there any prebuilt led thats worth the money

best regards MrW

How many watts is it and how large area does it cover? Also is it very purple light or regular more hps? do I need a steel frame or something then also?

best regards MrW

I would second ifish on scirocco, have not seen him around in awhile so maybe check the wietforum as well if you get no response.

Why non purple is important for you ? And why led ? not HPS or ??

You can look for Secret Jardin LED. it's white/Blue 60cm long, and you can clip theme in any way in your box.

You can light you box only by clipping theme to the box bone.

I just buy two Apollo 8 (I already work with theme from more than a year) from China (ROHS certified is important).

I'm (by the way of alibaba) directly in contact with the manufacture. Less than 500$ for two pcs 280W including shipment to my door.

I choose the color (All black) and I can choose a spectrum ratio. For me the purple one (stock) is good. But there is 15 led by pod

(8 pod for Apollo 8) and you can ask for personal spectrum ratio. Original is 2 blue; 4 red; etc.. and you can ask for 4 Blue; 2 red; 4 Orange etc...

if you want I can give you my contact directly by pm...

By the way, I will use Or my Apollo 8 or HPS light in my box, and also Secret Jardin Led in each bone of the boxe as an overload of light in low part of the plante.

A+

Le rat

well I was thinking to not raise suspicions regular light wont be noticed as a led would or do you have any tips on how to make light not noticable when working with the tent open?

Ive had heat issues before with hps and thats why im going led also less power

I could go for a purple one its not that I dont like it I was just thinking for safety reasons.

• Like 2

I recommend going towards full spectrum rather than the colored ones. Just do a search for LED full spectrum.

Here is way to much information on lighting http://culturalhealingandlife.com.www413.your-server.de/index.php?/forum/16-lighting/

• Like 2

Post the link and I will look at it.

Full spectrum is closer to sunlight and is more white.

The more closer to real light it's Neon i think. And it's not too hot, you can make it close to the canopy and the box are not overloaded by heat.

Do you live in a European country where it's hot ? Maybe the problem come from the exhaust system ? And if it's always hot outside, otherwise an air conditioned you won't have less than outside. I'm sure you know that, but .. look here CIDLY . You can call them and ask for a blue or white spectrum.

I use also IdealSpectrum Led. French guy very good but very expensive

What is your budget ??

• Like 1

i would confirm that this is with the 200w meanwell driver. $220 is dirt cheap:

https://m.alibaba.co....7268fdcdzI97Uc

same cob with it's own driver, minimum order of two for $70 each.

https://m.alibaba.co...00312.22.Uq8Klm

I have great results with these COBs and KingBrite do a few different kits now, you could just email them with the specs you need and they can make it happen.

I am just about to set up a 1.2 * 1.2 * 2 tent and will have 2 * 200w cxb3590 setups and 2 * 300w cxb3590 setups in there for 1000w total and should be the bees knees.

This is a recent email i got from them;

There were some pictures ( as in the links above) but that all depends on what you want anyway.

Dear Valued customers,

It is Jerry from KingBrite.

My Honor to support you.

First, I am writing to update the latest price, some products have a big discount, for example:

• CXB3590 3500K CD: $26.5-$28.0
  • CXB3070: $17.0-$18.0
  • CLU048 1212: $8.5-$9.0
  • CLU048 1216: $13.15

Second, Single LED Grow lamp is in selling, DIY kits is also available.

Third, 200W-300W Cob kit is in selling, with CXB3590, CXA3070, CXB3070, CLU048, VERO29 leds.

Below components is also available:

• Led holder, thermal tape, adaptor, reflector, lens;
  • Pre-drilled heatsink;
  • MW drivers;
  • Linear potentiometer;
  • Wago blocks, screws and wires;

Any enquiries, pls feel free to contact us, KingBrite are ready to change for you.

Regards

Jerry Meng

Sales Director

----------------------------------------------------------

Tel: 0086 755 29064293

Email: JL@kingbrite.cn

EDIT: my email address details were in there oops.

Edited by Pedro Bann
  • Like 3

Bought timbers diy kit vero300. Wut a pain in the ass. My cuts to the aluminum angle with a hack saw

were off and the snowball continued. Plus, I spent more money in the long run. (Manhattan prices blow) I

agree with you Wombat the purple lights are a dead giveaway! I have a mars2 400watt that gives off that

purple light and the small fans give off that high pitched sound. Heat in the tent blows as well, I have to put

sun glasses on to check the temps, humidity, while risking the glow of purple.These are issues for me

because I live in one of those apartments where you can hear your neighbor sneeze through the thin

walls. I also have to mention, Naw's reports of growing some knock the whole crew out buds using cxb3590.

Has convinced me that they describing RS oil. I need that in my medicine cabinet.I haven't used the Vero

yet. Waiting for the right time.http://timbergrowlights.com/framework/?sort=featured&page=2

• Like 1

No Led for us anymore.

After a lot of testing we have decided that theres something missing in the effect when growing under LED, so all Led systems have been scrapped, sold or reconfigured to be used as veg-light only.

Maybe Ill come back to it someday, but for now all led projects are mothballed until someone brings a sample we do like.

The patients have no benefits of led-grown weed at all, the real high isnt there, so unless someone proves us wrong, no more leds for us.

• Like 5

No Led for us anymore.

After a lot of testing we have decided that theres something missing in the effect when growing under LED, so all Led systems have been scrapped, sold or reconfigured to be used as veg-light only.

Maybe Ill come back to it someday, but for now all led projects are mothballed until someone brings a sample we do like.

The patients have no benefits of led-grown weed at all, the real high isnt there, so unless someone proves us wrong, no more leds for us.

Interesting... does you have some lab test of two different style of light with same cut ?

It will be interesting to do one...

• Like 3

I have seen similar results with LED however I would not call it shit but their are better options in my view when going for best practice in similar price ranges.

I like CMH lights, dimilux as an example. I have seen side by side with HPS and CMH and CMH is a bit short on yield but higher in quality. The difference in yield was negligible.

CMH for quality - May not require additional cooling but depends on your situation.

HPS for yield - potential cooling needs.

both = best of both but will need cooling likely.

• Like 3

I have to thank Scirocco for potentially saving me some money. I had almost bought into the LED thing, and since I am pretty much using max electricity in here figured it would be nice to try to get some extra square footage.

HPS for me in flowering all the way...under air cooled hoods, nothing matches that beauty. As for LED not making people 'as high', I could believe this as research indicates even the differences between MH and HPS in resin production. Since the MH produces more UV rays, it tends to produce more resin and more terpenes (god I miss access to research journals for citations). I personally prefer the big lights to be HPS and some side lighting from MH. Best of both worlds. No experience with CMH yet...but mixing HPS and MH have always had fantastic results.

• Like 3