•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
MrWombat

best low budget led?

No lab tests, just our realworld experience.

(Since everybody experiences the effects of MJ differently, real world tests with actual patients mean more to me than a piece of paper ever could)

Tried A LOT of stuff to see if we could improve the initial results, nothing worked.

(Took several hundreds of plants, boatloads of money, and the better part of 2 years to come to that conclusion)

Used other Genetics, changed to mineral nutes, tried autoflowering plants, tried setups with different amounts of lightpressure and so on. NO IMPROVEMENT worth noting!

Only thing that really surprised me was the yield on some runs, record was just under 1400 grams dry product from a 100% organic 50 day 800w s5 haze run... and that 800w is even including the exhaust and circulation fans.

• Like 4

I do not put your experience in doubt, I just think that in a world of stoner it can be well to be fixed (to stop discussion too) I just ask if you have one lab test. I myself, as a regular smoker, have trouble knowing where I am with my highs. other than that from the difference sleeping or very high ... I could not tell you that or that is stronger. So I do not have your grower experience, but I smoke for over 20 years now.

Everybody say to me shit is stronger than weed ? never experienced that...

I also have some experience about it, but in the food section. And it's very interesting to see how people think that taste changes according to where they are and with people they are. while the product never changes (like champagne as an exemple. Everybody love big champagne "Veuve Cliquot" etc but the lab test with professional tester without the mark show that "Veuve Cliquot" is not good but the cheaper one yes).

Here, in Switzerland, my friends does not like LEDs either, they thinks that the HPS is the best and they prefer to smoke the weed that grow under HPS and my buddy grower think they do more with of HPS in quantity (wrong, he do shit with LED or HPS). That's why I think that kind of thing may have earned a paper. I'm interested. It was just a question.

All this brings me to other things. I read in the forums people talking about the radiation of these HPS lamps etc. The sodium that burns surely releases something. And Cannabis is a plant that absorbs radiation and keeps it (these plants are often used in nuclear disasters to pump radiation). Some say to stop light or change for the end. And when I was younger, when I smoked, I really felt that my stone was like chemical, I thought it was fertilizer ... Is there a report ?? Chemical ? Radiations ? THC ?? THC + CBD ?? Does they smoke 1,2gr each spliff ?

In switerland they don't want to sell as a medicine, because the joint is always différent. Does the plante have 55days and 2hours each time ? does it's absolute the same parte ? Hight or bottom of plante ? If you sell as medicine it will be always the same, if you change the cut (same genetics) you need to change the name of your product and do all test again. Many doctors have a lot of experience but would never dare to say anything without a lab test. I love math and I'm very scientific. I just love to have proof. And I would belive in when i see lab result but I keep this info in mind.

PS. I have children at home and LED are very precious for the security. No electricity device, No risk of this burning eyes with broken bulbs etc. and I smoke decent weed : )

Just for joke, in my job we say: if you need better gear that proof you don't know how to work.... Some peeps make crazy land photography with Iphone that i will never do with a Nikon D800 : )

• Like 2

(god I miss access to research journals for citations)

Sci-hub.io

Copy and paste the web address from the article you want to read, and this site gives you instant access for free.

Tell everyone.

• Like 1

Light is only a partial part of the equation.

Drum roll!!!!

Environment, nutrition, genetic and light are all factors that create different expressions in different the plants from the same clone.

• Ok, unless your new, who didnt think I wasnt going to mention environment. haha

HPS is still king of the lights. CMH lights are my personal view on best practice at the moment due to better heat dissipation, bulb longevity is better, and better spectrum but the cost is higher than HPS and cooling cost typically. So best practice gets into some grey areas depending on each situation.

On a budget and want high quality. Think 400w HPS and add a bit cooling to ensure tip top environment and you will not want for others though often people think they do because of something they read or saw on a forum.

Labs are not realistic growing test. They take measurements for other purposes and the information you see is part of that information in a marketing form.

Believe what you all want but you heard the truth, do with it what you will!

• Like 2

Had people smoke my rebel yell x herijuana and say it's the best neck pain relief they ever experienced. That was grown living organic soil under cxb3590's.

I remember smoking my killing fields grown Sannies way under HANS Led panels blowing my mind.

I don't see how a small grower can beat the efficiency of LEDs in terms of heat and electrical usage. Potency is there too, but to each his own.

• Like 2