Asprin

6 replies to this topic

#1 tacman7

Lazy Pig Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Making Music with my Computer, Working in the wood-shop.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:54 AM

Just reading an article on instructables...

Anyone tried this?

I knew about the cut flowers.

-------------------

A crushed aspirin in water (one pill to one gallon) helps plants to fight infection and stay alive during traumatic plant experiences like transplanting, cutting, cloning, or zombie attacks. If your plants are dying in front of your eyes, it can be tempting to resort to extreme measures to rescue your little green friends with a water-soluble fertilizer. When stressed, however, plants can't really absorb all those delicious nitrates and phosphates. Dumping fertilizer on a dying plant is like giving a heart attack victim a multivitamin: not quite the ideal time for bioavailablility. Aspirin is the solution (pun!) for your mild flora emergency.

According to the exhaustive research I just performed on Wikipedia, salicylic acid can induce specific changes in root, stem, and leaf structure that create more robust plants. It can also help fruits and vegetables grow bigger and stronger. It will help your plants resist disease, insects, and unusually weak hailstorms.

Additionally, an aspirin solution will also help your cut flowers last longer in the vase so you can go nearly a full week before raking up the dead petals. Unless you're playing the "he loves me, he loves me not" game, in which case you should just count the petals in advance to determine your romantic status and let the aspirin keep the bouquet pretty.

#2 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4152 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:09 AM

I have heard of this but I do not know anyone who does it and I have not.

I will say, if it was so effective, it would be a well known thing in for profit agriculture plants.

I would say that before doing a treatment understand the plant stress, its cause and how to correct the cause and not so much its effect. In so doing, addressing the effect you can potentially cause more problems than what you solve, like a domino effect and when that happens, good luck.

With that said, I never saw anyone claim having a problem from using an asperin and I help with a vast many grow problems. I do not truly believe it would hurt you but I would not expect much from it. If people see a positive after using I think I would tend to side that the issue was just being worked out via other aspects than from the asperin but I do not speak with experience with it.

Take two (err one) and call me in the morning!
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#3 Barrie84

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:48 AM

Also heard allot about it, never tried it ^^ Gonna test it someday
Hybride Freak

#4 tacman7

Lazy Pig Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Making Music with my Computer, Working in the wood-shop.

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:14 PM

Think I might try it later in the grow if the plants look like they need it.

Maybe on a water only day.

#5 ifish

>< {{{{{ *<

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:39 AM

Maybe some willow bark or some new tips of growing branches boiled : )

#6 mactheman

Just Sprouted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:26 AM

View Postifish, on 07 September 2017 - 02:39 AM, said:

Maybe some willow bark or some new tips of growing branches boiled : )

ive read that clones in willow bark water helps with rooting .. and aspirin spayed on a branch of a female plant will induce male flowers for selfing .but ive never heard of any one actually trying this method ,,,,,,,mac,,

#7 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4152 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

The willow bark is real for rooting. Old timey stuff!
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!