Gigantuan Auto and Shackzilla (shared flower tent)

12 replies to this topic

#1 azza

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:45 AM

Earlier this year I unsuccessfully tried to do a larger Shackzilla scrog in a 1.2m square tent with 2 Mars epistar 160 lights. The heat of the summer caused a lot of the scrog to wither and die back and my result was similar to a tent a quarter of the grow size. I had timer issues and all kind of added problems too so I have simplified things this time.

I originally planned to pot up 6 Shackzilla cuts in 20 litre fabric pots and flick to 12/12 end of September regardless of size and chop early December .

However due to going away for a week break I didn't get my usual results from the cuts and only got 3 that manged to root as planned. Not having much time before the planned flick to 12/12 to do more cuts I used some seeds I had to hand.

The only fem seeds I had were some Gigantuan Autos from a new seed label launching in next few weeks from Aztech Smoke Shop. I know that doing autos on 12/12 isn't the best method for automatics but I will see how get on regardless.

The Shackzilla clones are the 3 plants at the front , the middle one was the smallest of cuts but rooted fine so went in.

The Gigantuan Autos in the back row are just beginning to start proper vegetative growth from seedling.

All plants have been under 24 hour vegetative phase of LED but to give the autos a bit of a boost the light is now switched on full veg and bloom capacity on 24 hours. This should help them out before they start 12/12 cycle in a week.

Regarding the Gigantuan Autos I have managed to get this info on them from Aztech Smoke Shop

Our Gigantuan Automatic is our biggest yielding auto line and is bred using a prized heavy yielding Spanish Critical clone.
She does well both outdoors and indoors and indoors we would recommend a light cycle of at least 20 hours light in a 24 hour period for the best results.
Gigantuan Automatic contains Critical and ruderalis genetics. Critical came from a reworking of a classic big budded strain that was originally bred from skunk and Afghan genetics. However it was a rare sativa dominant Critical pheno that gained massive popularity locally in Spain through the rapid increase in Spain's Cannabis social clubs.
Very frosty buds which smell sweet with hashy tones towards the end or flower cycle. Plants are ready in around 12 weeks from seed although given a generous root space and ample light she can go longer. Her THC percentage is over 22%.

Shackzilla front row, Gigantuan Auto back row

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4152 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:51 AM

The path to success has many twist and turns a few truly forest gump their way into perfection.

You are learning and gaining true experience well!
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#3 Justcozz

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Muscle cars, 4 wheeling, dirt bikes, hunting, fishing, anything with friends and family.

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:41 AM

View PostHempyfan, on 23 September 2017 - 05:51 AM, said:

The path to success has many twist and turns a few truly forest gump their way into perfection.

haha, i was no where near perfection..but this may just explain my grow...

Azza, im in for this one. I got 2 bowls, one popcorn and burnin the other
It's not always just Cozz, sometimes it is a Just cozz

https://www.opengrow...to-share-a-bit/

#4 azza

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

Have switched the tent over to 12/12 just now so flowering should start soon.

The Gigantuan Autos seem to have liked the 24/7 full spec leds for a week and I have a nice bit of good growth on them and side branching. Not sure what to expect now they are on 12/12 but i have given them the best start I think possible for an auto on 12/12. I can't say I really looked too hard but I haven't seen any obvious signs of flowering beginning on them yet either.

Little bit of leaf curl on the Autos that I am putting down to the introduction of a light feed a few days ago. The Shackzilla , which is also a light feeder, had a slight curl too but not as bad, and gone now so i'm preety sure that's the cause.

The Shackzilla are doing well and I may need some canes depending on how they stretch next few weeks.

3 Shackzilla front row and 3 Gigantuan Autos at back

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 saxo

GroMagnon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5916 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:25 AM

looking goood,azza :tu happy babies there

pulling me a chair for this one!

"Good People don´t smoke Marijuana"

Jeff Sessions

#6 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4152 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:48 PM

The plants with the big leaf curl, looks like a taco or canoe that's cuz you have poor humidity and or heat those plants won't correct but you seen the new growth

Is what that is that's the friend trying to protect its plants it can't breathe well and ask for uptake
transpiration is affected

For those plants affected lower your ec and do what you can to increase humidity and decrease light intensity increasing humidity is your best bet
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#7 azza

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

View PostHempyfan, on 01 October 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

The plants with the big leaf curl, looks like a taco or canoe that's cuz you have poor humidity and or heat those plants won't correct but you seen the new growth

Is what that is that's the friend trying to protect its plants it can't breathe well and ask for uptake
transpiration is affected

For those plants affected lower your ec and do what you can to increase humidity and decrease light intensity increasing humidity is your best bet

could be down to the led's being on 24/7 for a week on full and a heat issue there . I've been away 3 days and have raised lights today so i'm still sure It will soon be gone.

#8 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4152 posts
    Jah Bless!

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:01 PM

Genuinely light intensity Heat and humidity go hand-in-hand

I know people tend to think using an LED you think that you can get real close to the light but you're overdoing your light intensity additionally when was what you're doing with the Autos you should not have gone 12 and 12 straight to 24-7 you should have adjusted in increments that way so it doesn't stress the plant in such a way live and learn you'll do well

I'm using a cell phone will be back to normal for a couple of weeks so forgive any weird wording

#9 azza

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:47 PM

Plants are a few days into the first week of 12/12

The leaf curl has gone from the Gigantuan Automatics and I'm impressed with the amount of side growth on all 3 of these autos. I removed some very large fan leaves from a couple of the Gigantuan plants as they were blocking light to lower growth.

One of the Autos has just started showing white hairs, they are around 24 days from seed. No signs of flower on anything else just yet but wont be long and everything will be.

Shackzilla front row. Gigantuan Autos at back

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 azza

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

Plants have now had a week of 12/12 and are all coming into flower.

The shackzilla are stretching away but so are the Gigantuan Autos and at the moment only just behind the Shackzilla. I may have to raise the autos though at some point if they slow down on stretching too soon before the shackz stop. ( around week 4-5 )

Lots of bud sites on the Gigantuan autos

Shackzilla at front, Gigantuan's at back

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 azza

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

tent has had a week and a half now of 12/12

the Gigantuan Autos at the back row have a lot of bud sites and are looking quite promising in these early stages.

Plants stretching still but its not obvious yet if the autos will need raising up at some point.

Will have a trim up in a couple of days and remove some of the lower, weaker branches on all plants.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Misterdirt

Quiet Desperado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8889 posts
  • Interests:NASCAR Heart Racing

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:06 AM

Yes, looks like it's time for a child seat for those autos.

I used to do this all the time, because I had a single 1000W grow and loved variety. I had quite a selection of stools, platforms, inverted flower pots, etc., to even out the canopy as best I could.
Place no head above your own.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#13 azza

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:10 AM

I'm currently keeping an eye out for cheap platforms to raise the Gigantuan plants, sure i've something fit for the job kicking around somewhere.

The Gigantuan Autos and Shackzillas have now had 2 weeks of 12/12

I managed to move the shackzillas out to take a better picture of the autos. Impressed with the amount of bud sites on them and I'll be keen to see how they yield under 12/12.

Shackzilla are only now really just coming into flower and the left Gigantuan plant is also at the same stage of flower as the Shackzillas are.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image