•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

ledfoot

State of Washington to Hold Public Hearing on Possible Home Grows

I would be telling everyone you know to write in, in favor of Option 2... right? The other two sure don't sound good.

It's pretty close to you isn't it, bigun?

• Like 1

Yeah, if Option 2 becomes effective I might not be moving to Oregon (where you don't need no stinkin' permit!).

The WSLCB is seeking input on three options at the public hearing

• Option 1: Tightly Regulated Recreational Marijuana Home Grows
    • This option allows recreational home grows under a strict state regulatory framework based on the Cole Memo:
    • Requires a permit;
    • Four plants maximum per household;
    • All plants must be entered into the state traceability system;
    • Requirements for security, preventing youth access, preventing diversion, etc.;
    • Jurisdiction is shared between WSLCB and local authorities
    • Statutory provision that allows law enforcement to seize and destroy all plants if beyond limit;
    • Allows recreational growers to purchase plants from licensees as long as growers have a permit;
    • Same restrictions on processing marijuana that apply to medical marijuana (no combustible processing).

• Option 2: Local Control of Recreational Marijuana Home Grows
    • This option is based on statewide standards including requirements for security, preventing youth access, preventing diversion, etc.;
    • Limits plants to 4 per household;
    • Allows recreational growers to purchase plants from licensees as long as growers have a permit.
    • Requires a permit to possess plants.

• Difference from Option 1
    • Does not require plants to be entered into traceability
    • State sets minimum requirements. Local jurisdictions can be more restrictive.
    • Authorized, controlled, and enforced by local jurisdictions;
    • Home grows are prohibited without local permission;

• Option 3. Recreational Home Grows are Prohibited
    • This option preserves the status quo. Recreational home grows continue to remain prohibited:
    • A regulated market exists today with statewide access;
    • Recreational home grows may provide a cover for diversion;
    • The Cole Memo is concerned with diversion, youth access, and the criminal element;
    • Home grows for medical marijuana are allowed as well as cooperatives.

Among the eight states that have legalized recreational marijuana, Washington is the only state that does not allow marijuana home grows. Washington allows authorized patients to have limited grows for medical purposes or to be part of a four-member medical marijuana cooperative if the cooperative registers with the WSLCB and the local jurisdiction does not object.

Those wishing to view the public hearing may watch via WebEx. The live link will be posted to the Board Meetingwebpage of the WSLCB website at lcb.wa.gov at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting.

• Like 1

This is no deal

4 plant max and traceable at that

Even more reason

Never let them know what you do

What they don't know can't get you busted

Stay low key

Peace

• Like 2

So, what is it with the govt. and their desire to treat pot like a dangerous drug?

Pot shops here have to meet all kinds of restrictions that liquor and tobacco stores do not. There are restrictions on where they can be located, how far from a school or daycare. Seriously, what is their thinking on the matter. Pot is the safest and least addictive of all the others and still they treat it like heroin.

Same thing with the proposed home grows. I know a few folks who home brew their own beer. They don't need security, they don't need a permit from the state or permission from local authorities. What nonsense.

• Like 2

LOL Mr G...wash..is on the west coat north west...

hey ro don't worry ..this shit effects us all in similar ways..lol :wave: :wave:

LOL Mr G...wash..is on the west coat north west...

hey ro don't worry ..this shit effects us all in similar ways..lol :wave: :wave:

Heh, that didn't sound right... I meant, you have legal states close now don't you?

I guess not, now that I think about it... Michigan, Mass..? nevermind... where is that bowl... :fish:

• Like 3

I'll never understand the people who look at a system that's clearly working, and decide it's far too lenient and needs to be scaled back. On a basic level, I've never understood the argument to sentence a species to extinction, wtf makes pandas so special? They don't even do anything!

MA has a real shakey legality tho, and the increase in penalties with legalization isn't too alluring if you're looking to move across country for legal Cannabis.

State cops have stepped up DUIs for Cannabis, as smoking in public is technically taboo. Had a friend caught smoking and driving that was treated identically to drinking and driving. Not taking sides in any moral argument, but for people who are used to taking high rides, it can be a bit jarring to lose your car for smoking when it wasn't a possibility before.

With a medical cards, we added a new felony if you're charged with distribution or anything like that. They call it defrauding the state. Serious offense too, with a couple years hanging over your head, though I have never heard of someone getting charged with it. MA legality is not to be taken lightly. Lol.

On the positive side, had a couple LEO in my grow room the other day, and the only negative comment was "Damn, your weed stinks." (And only from inside the room)

Legal or not, I expected them to take the plants, and they didn't.

• Like 4

Damn. Truthfully, I was really surprised when Mass. legalized it. I just didn't see any northeast state doing it for a long while.

Typically, it seemed to me that controversial laws seem to be tested on the west coast and slowly move east.

Keeping my fingers crossed here in Colo. I'm in a part of the state that seems really cool towards it. Not sure about the northern side where most of the population is. I don't seem to ever hear of problems yet. DUI is real, in any state. Around here, they don't seem to push it, but if you got pulled over and smoke comes out of the car you're likely going to jail.

Otherwise, there doesn't seem to be the needling here that went on, and still goes on in illegal states, like pulling you over for bright lights and then smelling "something", and tearing your vehicle apart looking for a grain of pot to bust you on.

So far, the state here seems to be of the thought that if it's working, they're not going to mess with it. Cities here are rebuilding crumbling infrastructure and enjoying it. The tax revenue is hard to turn your back on.

PeAce

MrG

• Like 3

Otherwise, there doesn't seem to be the needling here that went on, and still goes on in illegal states, like pulling you over for bright lights and then smelling "something", and tearing your vehicle apart looking for a grain of pot to bust you on.

MrG

Decriminalization got rid of that for us. We had a case with a law student who was caught with a large amount of bud in his trunk, so he argued that the smell of seven grams or seven pounds can't be discerned from one another, by person or k9, so it was illegal to use that as justification to search his vehicle. Case got thrown out, and now we have precedent.

• Like 3

Four plants per household is ridiculous, traceability is completely insane.

The 4 plant max would mean sellers of good clones could clean up.

On the positive side, had a couple LEO in my grow room the other day, and the only negative comment was "Damn, your weed stinks." (And only from inside the room)

Legal or not, I expected them to take the plants, and they didn't.

Did you thank them for the compliment?

• Like 2

Did you thank them for the compliment?

Lol, hell no. I was shook. Legal or not I expected to lose my plants.

I started talking about how I control the intake and outflow of the air so if a filter is getting old the smell never reaches the neighbors. I started talking about organic farming, living soils, the tree that needs to be cut down. Anything and everything except Cannabis.

• Like 3

So, a neighbor complained?

From what I've heard, it was like that here (small town Colorado) at first. Everyone was pumping dank fumes out all over. They had somewhat of a crackdown in the downtown area apartments... same thing, just didn't want the aroma filling the streets, ha.

As old as I am, I'm just hard wired to crap my pants when I see the blue uniform.

• Like 2

The point that was made about sentencing driving high the same way as drunk is indeed very unfair - i'm driving high most of the time and i would even go as far as to saying it improves my skills - but cops searching for high drivers is not a result of legalization. In Holland they are booking drivers on marijuana use too and treat them the same as alcohol. And the acceptance of marijuana is totally on it's way back here, it is the same as the 50's again where they treated potheads like criminals from far of the earth.

• Like 3

Some people still think weed is evil, they just want to put up obstacles.

A lot of state governments just want as much money as they can get.

Some sill want us in a rusty cage. :thumbsdown:

• Like 3

As old as I am, I'm just hard wired to crap my pants when I see the blue uniform.

I was the same way. Then, between 45 and 50, I noticed I became invisible to law enforcement. It's the middle aged white man cloak of invisibility you get when your business depends on few people knowing you're a stoner.

I remember coming away from an encounter with a cop, thinking, "Hey, wait a minute. Did that MFer call me 'sir'?"

• Like 7

I wear the same cloak. It's when I got the toyota minivan that I really became unnoticeable by pretty much everyone in society.

• Like 6

Last Memorial Day weekend, I was given a verbal warning for going 22 mph over the speed limit, through a speed trap.

But if I weigh out all the cop-related encounters I've had in my life, they still owe me.

• Like 1

The regulations that they're going to deny you to do legally to grow in your own house by the new standards will be too costly for the typical person to do don't forget that vote wisely

• Like 1

The Ironic thing

I have a dozen house plants that are toxic, three of em will totally kill your ass if you took a bite.

And Cannabis is treated like Uranium.

I keep saying it

Cannabis is not dangerous, Our Civil Liberties are.

• Like 7

i´m thinking the same,every time i walk by my neighbors garden.....

there are 3 giant Datura -bushes in his front yard,that close to the fence,one could easily pick the flowers from the sidewalk

....and the new Kindergarten/Daycare,they build 3yrs ago,was build 100m across the street from a beverage store,which also sells beer,booze & tobacco

Edited by saxo
  • Like 3

It's stupid and unjust, so fuck it!

'Fuck it' is also the name of that substance thats in marijuana which helps me to don't give a damn, I learned that from a Katt Williams stand up...TV makes u stupid, pah!!! :D

Within the last years I made it to change the opinion from several people about cannabis, those stupid prejudice disappeared as soon as they witnessed some benefits in health or mindset or whatever. Those people will tell other people when somewhere somewhen a discussion about it pops up...for me that's enough because it's like domino u know...at some time in the near future (and I'm sure all of us will see that happen) those stupid laws together with A LOT of other stupid shit that keeps growing the pockets of a few and makes life hard for the majority will be a thing from the past, a bad dream kind of...at least that's what I work and hope for :)

Greetz

• Like 2

Bumbing this to say fuck it, also. All three options suck shit. Whater the board decides, it is just a recommendation to the legislature in January.