#1 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts
  • Interests:Growing, Knowledge, People, Family...and stuff

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:09 AM

Hello my friends and grow buddies!

I have a question for u about a genetic thing.

I experienced with some plants that I find a seed or three in the buds. there was no pollination in any way, so I count this to the survival mode of a cannabis plant when she couldn't find a donator for pollen. When I grew out those seeds I found them to be copies of the mother with just a little variation that I think came from environment.

In my Hans panel test grow I grew one of those seeds from my Swaziskunk plant I had and this seed turned out to be a male.

How can that happen?

The plant which gave the seeds was a regular one but she wasn't pollinated cause I had no males at all at that time (maybe 6-7 years ago). What can trigger the plant to give male sex?

I'm no biologist so forgive me if can't see the Forrest in front of all that trees ;)

Greetz
He who has learned to do nothing with his whole mind and body will have everything done for him. DE

#2 saxo

GroMagnon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5916 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

....usually on outdoor plants. sometimes i found 2-3 seeds on 1 outdoor-lady,not more..

"Good People don´t smoke Marijuana"

Jeff Sessions

#3 Misterdirt

Quiet Desperado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8889 posts
  • Interests:NASCAR Heart Racing

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:22 PM

I think these are from single-anther hermies. Sometimes in late flower, I'll get a single banana in a bud. Getting just a few seeds makes little sense in a small room if a full sized flower opened up.

It sounds like Mindless is hinting at some kind of pollen-free spontaneous development of seeds. I don't know if plants do that or not.
Place no head above your own.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#4 Ozzoes

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

They do misterdirt, wether cannabis does or doesn't I would not know... apperently it does..

Apomixis is the correct term for this..

Mindless, your question only leaves me clueless... but so do a lot of aspects of nature... gotta love it!

#5 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4152 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:23 PM

you have an internal inside the bud banana

Not all self pollinated plants like that will get feminized seed howeveryou can get the rare male
It is likely

And I have no direct experience with the males in such a situation that I have read that they tend to be not favorable but as I said I have no direct experience in that situation
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#6 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts
  • Interests:Growing, Knowledge, People, Family...and stuff

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:22 AM

Ok, so I'm not the only one who don't get it :D

From those seeds I have 1-2 left, I'm gonna pop 'em in my next run in the small cab and see what happens. If I get a male again I'm gonna use him.

Last time I didn't let him finish but the color, structure and smell was all like the mother.

Thanks for the input so far, I'll keep u updated on this story :)

Greetz
He who has learned to do nothing with his whole mind and body will have everything done for him. DE

#7 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1907 posts
  • Interests:Interesting things

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:05 AM

Great thread @Mindless. I've always wondered about this. I've gotten an occasional male but mostly they are female IME. I should grow the ones I have soon and then I would recognize if the plants favor the mother.

peAce

mrG

"Welcome to Dankville, son"

US VETERANS FOR LEGALIZATION OF CANNABIS