12 replies to this topic

#1 Misterdirt

Quiet Desperado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8949 posts
  • Interests:NASCAR Heart Racing

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:02 PM

Checked out another dispensary last Friday. As usual, too expensive for my budget, but I guy's gotta live a little, until we buy that house.

I don't know if I should mention the names of establishments here, but this place had a nice selection and a very professional, store-like setup. It was also bustling, but that might have been because it was "4 gram eighth day."

Anyway, I asked the guy specifically about another strain that I saw on their menu. Then we got to talking, turns out he's a sativa fan, so I asked if they had anything interesting. He pulled out a small "sniff jar" (I don't know what these are called, but every dispensary seems to have a couple of buds of each strain in a jar for smelling purposes) of a strain he called Bright Moments, and recommended it.

The name is appropriate, but it also sounds like a line of towels at K-Mart. The Martha Stewart Bright Moments Collection — exclusively at K-Mart! What I noticed was the bud was nearly white from trichs. The picture below sucks, because I was waiting for the battery on my real camera to charge, when I realized that little bud wasn't going to make it until the battery charged. It was scheduled to be burned at the stake, without reprieve. So here's a shitty iPhone pic:

Posted Image

The stuff was smooth and powerful, I'd give it about an 8.5 out of 10. Scent was nothing spectacular: slightly fruity-skunky.

The effect was powerful sativa dom, about 75/25, with essentially no raciness or paranoia. If you have tried some of Dynasty's sativa strains, especially those with Ms. U. in their heritage, you have an idea of the head.

Anyway, really good, worth smoking or growing. However, if you are really interested in blowing 90 or more dollars on a pack of these, you'd be better off spending it on Pineapple Fields from the Prof P or one of his other sativa doms. The effects are nearly the same as "Pheno C," the Ms. U. pheno, and PF has killer scents that blow this strain off the map.

That being said, I'd buy this again. No one is offering PF!
Place no head above your own.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#2 madmaster420

Pheno Hunter

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2137 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Surfing and Scrabble. Also interested in medicinal applications of cannabis for treating autism...

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

I remember splitting a pack of pineapple fields with someone a couple years ago...

:whistle:

Seems like pf should be in the next run at the new digs!!
FUCK CANCER...

Save the drama fo yo mama!

#3 Misterdirt

Quiet Desperado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8949 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

I do have two half packs, come to think of it. The other was from that seedbank that disappeared, along with everyone's money and seeds. (Bad Karma Seedbank).
-- Gotama The Buddha

#4 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1652 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:28 PM

I grow that but indica dom, Bright Moments. By Gage Green Genetics, I think it is clone only at this point. Comes out the prettiest Sage green color, full of trichs. Best smoke for those with lung issues, very easy on the lungs, nice smoke too, not too heavy, but nice potency.

If you go to some you think are good, good info to pass along, bad too lol, I have a few friends that buy from dispensaries.
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.
Posted Image

#5 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2295 posts
  • Interests:Interesting things

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:38 PM

The dispensaries are fun but pricey. If you have the cash, it's so cool the variety of products. It's literally "the candy store"! I haven't been in for a while since my harvest, except the other day I went looking for THC and CBD edibles to help my dislocated shoulder. Unfortunately it didn't touch the pain that day. We have around 20 places in a small town of 8000'ish. Very pot friendly place.

I love to try all the different strains. Problem is, every strain will taste different depending on growers... at least a lot of the time. Not always consistent. Lots of people here will share and trade samples of each others grows. I love the whole environment.

peAce

mrG

Oh, and Dirt, I haven't seen that one in the dispensaries here. I looks delicious. I just cut the top off my only outdoor plant so far, and it is from a single seed in a bud of Ghost Dream from the dispensary. Just as good as the stuff from the shop! I'll keep my eyes open for BM. thx

Edited by Mr Goodfellow, 11 October 2017 - 05:16 PM.

"Welcome to Dankville, son"

100% Organically Grown

#6 Misterdirt

Quiet Desperado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8949 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

View Postgardenartus, on 11 October 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

I grow that but indica dom, Bright Moments. By Gage Green Genetics, I think it is clone only at this point. Comes out the prettiest Sage green color, full of trichs. Best smoke for those with lung issues, very easy on the lungs, nice smoke too, not too heavy, but nice potency.

It's still on the Gage Green website, but you're looking at somewhere around $100 for 10 seeds. Outside Sannie's Shop, that seems to be a popular number these days. I'm glad I have a zillion seeds awaiting my new home.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#7 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1652 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:54 AM

Yea no kidding, I have a nice stash from generous friends, I have paid for a few, like Sunshine Dream, but the prices on some are crazy, especially when you have nice friends lol.
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.
Posted Image

#8 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2295 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

Crap, I can't even find the cash to buy from Sannie's lately. $100 seed packs are not in my immediate future. Fun dreaming though.

That's the other reason, that when I do hit a dispensary or somebody gifts me a bud from one, I always save any random seeds, if I'm interested in the strain. I never had any plants throw any random seed(s) from any of the grows, but they were always outside.

peAce

mrG

100% Organically Grown

#9 saxo

GroMagnon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6008 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

...your "crumble tray"(how you call it?) reminds me of mine....do you scrape the hash off to smoke it? what´s the surface made of ,if i may ask?

"Good People don´t smoke Marijuana"

Jeff Sessions

#10 douglasfurtrapper

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:Organic growing, building compost, shoe gazing, getting better at everything.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

$100 packs make ggg's $200 packs look cheap. Some of those grape strains did taste like legit grape though.

#11 Misterdirt

Quiet Desperado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8949 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

View Postsaxo, on 13 October 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

...your "crumble tray"(how you call it?) reminds me of mine....do you scrape the hash off to smoke it? what´s the surface made of ,if i may ask?

It's wood. It seems to be batik on wood, if that's possible. I got it in Indonesia a few years ago. I took one look, and instantly envisioned my weed on it.

I have not scraped it, but I have done that in the past.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#12 saxo

GroMagnon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6008 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:19 PM

mine is a flat metal bowl(1cm deep),coated with emaille(porclain enamel)...early80´s ..made beyond the curtain
Posted Image
...the shape & the rolling enamel-surface keept me from scraping it off yet...maybe solving it with alc?

but it shows a nice patern

"Good People don´t smoke Marijuana"

Jeff Sessions

#13 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2295 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

heh, pretty cool. :yummy: