•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Rayne

LED Katsu Kush x Sannie's Jack High Brix

Technical details:

Grow space: A corner of my closet that is about 21in x 21in x 60in (53.3 cm x 53.3 cm x 1.52m) The walls are covered with Orca Grow film.

Lighting Source: :

1. Main- Custom built COB based LED arrays [Vegetative: (2) 6500K Citizen CLU048 80CRI diodes] [Flowering: (4) 3500K Citizen CLU048 90CRI diodes]

2. Supplementary- Two 26 watt Exo-Terra Reptile UV A/B CFL bulb. (Generally speaking and for anyone wondering how much UV to add to a grow space. The Sun puts out about 10% UV radiation.)

Lighting Schedule: 1. (Gas Lantern Routine) Vegetative: 12 on / 5.5 off / 1 on / 5.5 off 2. Flowering: Starting with 9 on / 15 off decreasing down to, possibly, 6 on /18 off

Container: Starter pot- A one gallon Smart Pot "transplanter" pot, Finishing pot: A five gallon Smart Pot.

Grow Medium: (Second Run Soil) 1. Amended ProMixHP (ProMixHP is sphagnum peat moss, with endo-micorrihaeza, a starter charge of Dolomite Lime, and perlite) The amendments added to the fresh ProMixHP include: a number of missing trace minerals such as boron, some rock powders, beneficial bacteria, and 19.5lb (8.85kg) of earthworm castings with an NPK ratio of 1-1-0

Organic Nutrients: "Doc Bud's" High Brix Blend Kit.

Water: Tap water

Co2 source: An open window

Humidity control: Wet paper towels sticking out of a plastic bottle.

Genetics: Sannie's Shop- Katsu Kush X Sannie's Jack

Current Progress: Waiting for the sprout to push through the soil.

Thoughts: The seed is about a year old and sat in a small glass of water for 24-48 hours before being planted in the grow medium. When planted, the sprout's shell had not cracked open, yet.

• Like 4

If it's stubborn you could soak it in Hydrogen Peroxide for 30 minutes and then either back into a paper towel or dirt. I had an old one that wouldn't crack until I did that. It was my first time and it worked like I had read. I live in a dry and high elevation area and the temps fluctuate greatly in a seed starting area like the kitchen. I'm buying a heat mat and tray/dome set up this year. I have to struggle sometimes with seedlings at first and clones just won't take. So, time to integrate more control.

ooops. Just saw you're already in the dirt. A good warm surface wouldn't hurt. Best vibes on the sprout. I'd love to see the grow!

peace

mrG

• Like 1

Germinating phase:

In the "long run" the first seed did not work out. The seed casing expanded however the root tip never pushed through.

The second seed... It was soaked in glass of water and wrapped in a portion of a paper towel. As of now the sprouting plant is in the soil with the root tip pointing downward and I am waiting for the cotyledons to show.

Since I aught to be moving early next year, this grow might have a short vegetative phase and flowering phase up to eight weeks long.

rayne, it's been a while :) nice to see another run of yours.

so u use feminized seed?

Greetz

Pictures first:

IMAG2322

IMAG2323

Details:

These were taken early in the vegetative phase and as you can see it started off rough. I had to gently pull off the seed shell and fortunately some of the photon receptors were active. It some point during the short vegetative phase I had split the cotyledon leaves apart with a small pocket knife. Overall the vegetative phase was 13 days long.

Vegetative 13 (Flower 1) Day 13

Pictures first:

IMAG2332

IMAG2333

Details: This was the last vegetative day and the first flowering night. As written in the previous post, this plant had a rough start.

- Flower 2 Day 14

Food/Water: Growth Energy + Tea (1.23ml + .5ml in 1L of water)

- Flower 4 Day 17

Food/Water: 1/4th strength Transplant (.30ml in 1L of water)

- Flower 10 Day 23

Food/Water: 1 litre of water GE+ Tea (1.23ml + .5ml)

- Flower 15 Day 28

Foliar Spray: Brix (.5ml to .5 oz)

- Flower 16 Day 29

Transplant to final container

- Flower 22 Day 35

Food/Water: Catonic Drench in about gallon of water (4ml + .5ml Tea)

- Flower 28 Day 40

Foliar Spray: Brix + WA10x (1ml + .5ml in 1 floz)

Pictures first:

Flower 30 Day 42

IMAG2334

IMAG2335

IMAG2336

IMAG2337

IMAG2338

Flower 35 Day 47

IMAG2339

IMAG2340

Details:

-Flower 35 Day 47

Food/Water: 1/4th strength Transplant (1ml in 1G of water)

Foliar Spray: Brix + WA10x (1ml + .5ml in 1 floz)

Pictures first:

- Flower 39 Day 51

IMAG2345

IMAG2346

Details:

- Flower 42 Day 56

Foliar Spray: Brix (1ml – 1 floz)

- Flower 45 Day 58

Food/Water: Growth Energy+Transplant + Tea (4ml + 1ml + .5ml in 1G)

Pictures:

- Flower 46 Day 59

IMAG2354

IMAG2355

Details:

- Flower 47 Day 60

Food/Water: 1/4th strength Transplant (1ml in 1G of water)

- Flower 50 Day 63

Food/Water: Growth Energy+Transplant + Tea (4ml + 1ml + .5ml in 1G)

Foliar Spray: Brix (.5ml – .5 floz)

Lighting: Lowered the light from the top of the grow space.

- Flower 55 Day 68

Water (1Gallon)

Foliar Spray: Destress (.5ml – 1 floz)

Timer: Down to 7 on/ 17 off

Pictures:

- Flower 58 Day 71

IMAG2357

IMAG2358

Details:

Flower 56 Day 69

Preparation for harvest:

The humidity container was removed.

Flower 57 Day 70

Preparation for harvest: Main light source is off and removed. The ultra violet lights are all that is left.

Flower 58 Day 71

Preparation for Harvest: Ultra Violet lights off

Flower 59 Day 72

Preparation for Harvest: All lights are off for a 24 hour period of total darkness

Picture:

- Flower 60 Day 73 Harvest

IMAG2360

- Details:

Harvest: Maybe two-three ounces.

Thoughts: The harvest is currently curing. As some might expect the plant's floral aroma smells like a lemon. From what little I have tried. The aftertaste reminds me of a honeydew melon.

So far. The overall effects tend to be sativa dominate, but not so dominate that one does not notice the indica effects. After the sativa effects wear off, the indica effects are still there.

I wish I had more time to let this plant vegetate longer. However I also needed to know what to expect with a grow like this one and others like it.