•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

tacman7

Opioids and Marijuana

I've seen great things with opiates and cannabis regarding terminally ill

where the opioids keep them where they really can't communicate well with their families but what the pot they could and had good life end conversations and discussions

• Like 4

My wife takes opioids for back pain but she also uses bhang.

Nothing wrong with good drugs as long as you have a good supply.

Her only complaint is opioid induced constipation.

• Like 1

Have any of you ever heard of Kratom? It's a natural leaf from the South Asia area and one of it's uses is to get people off opiates. It's actually very similar but non-addicting and if taken in smaller dosses or different colored "vein", it has stimulating properties. I was skeptical at first but now i'm intrigued. I did it off and on for a couple of months when I rented a room out last winter. My roommate introduced it to me. It's actually pretty cheap if you find the right distributor. It's legal in the US now but not in all countries. I was surprised at how effective it is.

I just made an order to get me through the winter. I can work like a fiend on that stuff. That was what it was used for, for 1000 years. Then you come down easy and I sleep great. They have 3 different colors, in general, and the White vein is the stimulant (just an immature green strain), the Green is the middle of the road, pain/stimulant together depending on how much you use, and the most popular overall, I think. Then there is a red vein for pain, sedation, relaxation. Then they make blends of anything you want or they have their own and some blended with other natural pain killing herbs. Pretty interesting stuff. There are plenty of pages to find on google about it and it's easy to buy here.

Here is a generic site with good basic information and easy to understand. http://www.kratomnew...e-kratom-guide/ They also sell it so I'm not pushing that and have never bought anything from them. It's an non profit .org but they have links to it. That site is a good place for a quick overview of most all of it. Then just check other sites. That's what I'm doing. Crap, I never even heard of it before last winter.

I have a great local place a few hours away from me that ships, and is known for the real deal and no bullshit. You can get burned if buying from just anybody. The place I got it is https://laughinglionherbs.com/. They can't legally promote it for consumption, or they just don't go there, so they talk of it in terms of aroma as in making soaps. It is used in soap making too. So, if it says it has an aroma that is stronger than anything else or one you must have,it means the high, or experience.

I'm really stoned tonight and I'm rambling. Didn't want to hijack but when opioid addiction came up, i just thought I would offer a natural approach that is catching on as a way to kick them. I'm still learning about it, but have been really impressed. Best to read around and read others reviews of their experiences. I'm by no means even of intermediate expertise, but just a curious chronic pain sufferer, and low energy these days. It helped well when I tried it.

It also treats stress, depression, and anxiety. There are lots of strains, so reading and experimenting is key. I ordered a sample pack of a red, white, and green. But it also comes in an Infinity series where herbs like blue lotus, corydalis, Maytenus laevis. licorice root extract, and Shilajit are blended with some strains. I looked all of them up and this should be interesting. This is their Infinity Premium series at Laughing Lion Herbs.

Their regular strains of kratom are basically the same but a little less potent in the regular priced stuff and has no herb blend.ed in it. But it is strong and fresh, and it's what I always did. You will think you dropped a couple of Percocet or Vicodin. It's that strong. All natural, safe, and non addicting.

Just always wondered if my stoner brothers and sisters had ever heard of it.

peAce

MrG

• Like 2

I've tried kratom a few times over the years. It's a straight up morphine feeling from my experience. I do not have much interest in opiates but I did have an interest in ethnobotanicals for some time. I do have reference to morphine because of terrible injuries.

At the doses I tried, 9-12 grams of whatever I bought (not sure the type, as there are a few), It was pretty heavy. The first hour or so was stimulating but then I would just nod off for like 6-8 hours. Weed made it feel amazing.

In the end I didn't like it for the same reason I don't like opiates. It last too long, It's too heavy, and there is a weird half nausea for hours.

I've heard you can develop a dependence like any other opiate. So be safe.

Hey Doug, that's a really high dose. I stay around 3 grams. It gives me pain relief with the stimulating effect as well. The ones specifically for pain and stimulant last only 2-3 hours from what I hear. I was doing the green and I could do it before work and get a little of both feelings. It is amazing how close it is to real opiates. The same blend may give you stimulant in low doses and more narcotic in higher doses which is what you were experiencing.

I seemed to find my sweet spot. I use it more for daytime to get focused on work, and sleep well at night as it wears off. It also depends on the person's metabolism. It may affect some people just the opposite. Very interesting. It's all about different alkaloids. And the sample I'll be trying has some high end herbs blended with it so it will be interesting.

I haven't done it for two months and found no side affects from stopping suddenly. I wasn't doing it all that long. Maybe a few weeks. It's like anything, use moderation. You have to have some discipline. But it's not supposed to be physically addictive, if I understand it right. Still new for me.

lmao! I can't roll like that anymore. I'm just trying to get an edge because of all my pains and mentally tired from it all. I like the part of Kratom that creates euphoria, focus, and energy. It's really amazing if not overdone.

It'll never take the place of my smoke.

peace

mrG

I'm sure most people here on OG know that I used a Casey Jones plant to end my decade long morphine addiction due to a spinal injury.

For me, putting down the morphine was a must... something I had to do in order the have some sort of normalcy in my life. I had grown very tired of taking medications (mainly opiates)that made everything numb, except the area it was supposed to.

It got to a point where I couldn't do it anymore, I had to change it for myself and my doctor wanted me to continue taking the morphine. The decision was an easy one... grow a plant, harvest and use the cannabis to relieve your body of its addiction to the opiates. It works quicker than you might expect and you'll start feeling better right away.

It worked great in relieving the symptoms of the opiate addiction.

Cannabis is the one to try if you'd like to end your opiate dependence.

• Like 6

That's great to hear Desert. I've been on opiates off and on more than I ever wanted to but I too learned it was doing nothing for chronic pain other than making it where you need more and more. I've had a lot of accidents or work injuries that ended in surgery. Best thing to do and how I try to be now is just plan on stopping them as soon as that first or second prescription is out. People including myself tend(ed) to use them to escape life's headaches and stress as well as pain. Life pain I guess.

Pot keeps me stable and always has. It's the one thing I would never want to give up. It does at least an okay job with so many different areas that it's invaluable to me. Plus it's a hobby. And, it is never ending, evolving, and exciting.

The Kratom thing for me is something I wouldn't want to get used to. It can be helpful when you need it. I'll give a review maybe. It just came in the mail. Very professional company and over the top with courtesy. They sent an additional small sample of two other strains. And a little cellophane package with candy, a business card and colored ribbons to tie it up. It says we really appreciate your business. I had heard how cool these guys were. We'll see if I find anything in my purchase that helps anything.

I like to use it in the day because I can stay focused (I have bad adhd) and work like a fiend. It's really nice for clarity focus and intelligent thinking. Larger doses are for pain I guess or just getting full blown high as hell. I don't need it for that.

Pot will never disappear from my lifestyle, I predict. 46 years now. If it works don't mess with it. It also helped me kick cigarettes years ago.

peAce

mrG

• Like 1

If you want serious pain relief with cannabis ingesting it gives more deep pain relief and last longer, decarbed. Combining different strains, and types of products works best. Kratom is physically addictive, so that is one you might want to watch, but in small doses works wonders. They are looking at banning it too here, of course.

• Like 4

If you want serious pain relief with cannabis ingesting it gives more deep pain relief and last longer, decarbed. Combining different strains, and types of products works best. Kratom is physically addictive, so that is one you might want to watch, but in small doses works wonders. They are looking at banning it too here, of course.

True that ^^^

Know a few people go loopy on Kratom, like anything dosage goes up and up with tolerance. That's why it's illegal in Thailand & Se Asia. Not my thing but then I was an Opiate freak, on the topic of Opiates & Cannabis. Anyone ever had the "genuine" Temple Ball Hash ? You can't get the real deal outside Nepal, it's Hash with Opium as a binder, that's why it always got you so messed up, for those of us lucky enough to have smoked it. If it's not got opium as a binder it's not temple ball.

Love that shit.

Peace

B

• Like 2

Could be along the same lines as Herijuana.

The name represents the power and effect of Heroin x Marijuana combined.

Similar to the feeling without the dependency.

• Like 5

before Pax was not available here I hate to smoke cannabis... because my lungs was not use to take anything what was burnt

I decided to put some hash from the gloves after trimming into olive oil... and heated up very well

I ate the oil with some bread.... and I wasnt able to move for 3 days!!!!

the first day it was hard to say a word... it is funny to look back.... but I was totally frightened hahha

• Like 7

Good thing we have the internet now, huh Hidro? It was all trial and error in the old days. Lots of error, and frightening times, yes, I remember some, too.

peace

mrG

• Like 1

I was real iffy on using medibles again after I had a few days trip on it lol. Thank God for tolerance and knowing what dosage to use lol

• Like 1

Thanks Doug. laughed out loud on that one. Almost lost my coffee.

Heh, somebody had to do the work, huh?

peace

mrG

• Like 1

A grower friend of mine who doesnt smoke weed AT ALL, never even tried smoking his own product, managed to drink a cup of tea containing at least 4 grams of s5/amnesia scissorhash... IDIOT.

He found out the hard way that doing drugs for the first time without any common sense in dosage is a REALLY stupid idea.

After 3 days he was still white as a corpse, looked like we dragged him back from hell.

• Like 2

Thanks Doug. laughed out loud on that one. Almost lost my coffee.

Heh, somebody had to do the work, huh?

peace

mrG

You only live once!

• Like 4

I was thinking about trying kratom but only place I see is a site called poshmark.

Where do you get it?

Google says it's legal in CA

I have bad problem with inflammation in my hand right now, but it moves around.

Trying to only use prednisone for emergencies.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 7:28 PM, tacman7 said:

I was thinking about trying kratom but only place I see is a site called poshmark.

Where do you get it?

Google says it's legal in CA

I have bad problem with inflammation in my hand right now, but it moves around.

Trying to only use prednisone for emergencies.

Thanks

I’ll pm. I know a few good places. Lots of bad ones too. 

I forgot about this thread, has anyone tried shrooms for pain? I have not but it works wonders for a lot of things, wonder if they work on pain? I still have some ground ones in my freezer for quitting smoking, might work if I actually did it lol. Maybe I should try some and see if it relieves pain.

• Like 2