16 replies to this topic

#1 Halforc

Just Sprouted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:13 PM

G'day guys,

I'm just a simple fella and weed lover from West Oz. Been smoking for a while now but the local product here is beyond poor and you always run the risk running into open house stickshops.

I have always been into gardening organically so thought I'd grow my own product outdoors these last couple years. It's also pretty risky but so far so good- although I'm considering branching out to an indoor set up if I can convince my lovely wife!

I'm quite late starting but this year will be my 3rd grow and my 2nd year with gear from Sannie's and it's safe to say that I'm now the guy my mates rely on for quality stuff, and even better I've helped out people going through tough times medically. I'm forever learning and far, far from an accomplished grower but I've learnt ALOT just from scanning these forums so I owe you all a big humble thanks already. I'm hopeful I can share my grow on these forums to draw on everyone's knowledge but pretty paranoid about it at the same time. Thanks guys,

Halforc

#2 smilestyle

vanished in the haze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1776 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

Welcome to the club, Halforc.

smile
Each one - teach one.

#3 gregster

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2813 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:39 AM

Welcome Halforc.

#4 saxo

GroMagnon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6006 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:10 AM

G,day & welcome aboard,Halforc :wave:

"Good People don´t smoke Marijuana"

Jeff Sessions

#5 Papalag

Old school hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:09 AM

Welcome aboard

#6 DesertGrown

All around plant guy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3427 posts
  • Interests:Everything cannabis.

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

Welcome to OpenGrow Halforc.

If growing outdoors where you live is that risky, I would think that should be enough reason to convince your wife to let you grow indoors. You can control every aspect of a grow indoors... no one can see or smell your plants indoors, unless you allow them to. With outdoor growing it can be much harder to conceal the sight and smell of your plants.

Grow yourself a high CBD strain... it may help you with your anxiety/paranoia better than any hybrid. Northern Lights is an indica strain that may do the same thing for you.

Looking forward to eventually seeing your grow.

Stay safe.
CANNABIS will get you through times of NO MONEY better than MONEY will get you through times of NO CANNABIS

#7 Damar

rookie gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • Interests:Organic Gardening

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:31 AM

Welcome to the boards, Halforc!
Living Organic Soil thread / grow journal ...

"Blessed is he who has found his work, let him ask no other blessings" -Thomas Carlyle

#8 Automan

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Growing, mowing and throwing...I really have to get more interests.

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

Down under .....oh sadly your plants will grow upside down......when growing what ever you think needs to be done do half of it .

#9 Halforc

Just Sprouted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:54 AM

Haha Automan, that cracked me up big time😂 - cheers for the advice mate👍.

Hey DesertGrown, cheers for the pointers mate, I'm hoping I'll get something happening in the next year, I just have a rather small house unfortunately but reasonable sized backyard. Northern lights sounds good- I'm usually pretty cruisy and careful but if I get high while I've got something in the backyard, I tend to get a bit paranoid. so far so good with the neighbours and the law anyway- I'm also putting up some shade cloth hopefully which should help a bit.

Cheers everyone for the warm welcome, seems to be quite a friendly and respectful board which is sick👍

#10 Bubbla

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Hash, Weed, Growing! Travelling, Music, Collecting Seeds, Women, Landrace Hash, Dogs & Pot Noodles...

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:34 AM

G'day Halforc.

Welcome aboard the crazy train.

Take a seat, put your feet up, light a fat one & we'll have you loading up your Ute with all sorts of shit, driving into the Bush & growing monster Sativas.
Peace

B
HAVE PEOPLE BEEN TAUGHT DIFFERENT THINGS OR ARE THEY TAUGHT ABOUT THE SAME THINGS IN A DIFFERENT WAY? THERFORE THE PEOPLE HAVE A DIFFERENT VIEW & UNDERSTADNING OF WHAT REALITY IS ALL ABOUT BECAUSE IT WAS TAUGHT TO THEM, IN A DIFFERENT WAY, FROM WHAT REALITY REALLY IS.

#11 Halforc

Just Sprouted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

Lol how did you know I drove a ute!? Haha cheers for the welcome Bubbla and that is very good advice. I'm still searching for a good spot for a guerilla grow though- threw some old bagseed around a spot last year and some came up but the damn kangaroos and bunnies around here love the green more than I do it seems haha.

#12 Bubbla

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Hash, Weed, Growing! Travelling, Music, Collecting Seeds, Women, Landrace Hash, Dogs & Pot Noodles...

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:41 PM

View PostHalforc, on 12 November 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Lol how did you know I drove a ute!? Haha cheers for the welcome Bubbla and that is very good advice. I'm still searching for a good spot for a guerilla grow though- threw some old bagseed around a spot last year and some came up but the damn kangaroos and bunnies around here love the green more than I do it seems haha.

Ha ha!

I used to live over on the East side, got family & friends there, most practical vehicle for Western Oz is a Ute. About those bunnies, get some chicken wire & when you put it up, make sure at least 18 inches is under the soil, that way they dig & hit the chicken wire underground, as for the Roos, I can't help you there mate, you know what they're like, eat bloody anything & if you try to frighten them away you always get one who just stands there bolt upright just waiting for a fight ha ha!

Don't tell me, your a miner from Kalgoorlie

Peace

B
HAVE PEOPLE BEEN TAUGHT DIFFERENT THINGS OR ARE THEY TAUGHT ABOUT THE SAME THINGS IN A DIFFERENT WAY? THERFORE THE PEOPLE HAVE A DIFFERENT VIEW & UNDERSTADNING OF WHAT REALITY IS ALL ABOUT BECAUSE IT WAS TAUGHT TO THEM, IN A DIFFERENT WAY, FROM WHAT REALITY REALLY IS.

#13 Halforc

Just Sprouted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:37 AM

Haha cool man that's sick did ya live here for very long?- and no I'm not a miner from Kal haha I'm actually from a spot a few hundred km's north of Perth if that helps. Most people drive through the town/city I'm from on their way further north but I love it. Good beaches and Surf, good fishing and generally hot. The people here a still a bit backward but generally mean well. The weed here sucks big time but that's why I'm on these forums!!

Peace
Halforc

#14 Bubbla

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostHalforc, on 18 November 2017 - 03:37 AM, said:

Haha cool man that's sick did ya live here for very long?- and no I'm not a miner from Kal haha I'm actually from a spot a few hundred km's north of Perth if that helps. Most people drive through the town/city I'm from on their way further north but I love it. Good beaches and Surf, good fishing and generally hot. The people here a still a bit backward but generally mean well. The weed here sucks big time but that's why I'm on these forums!!

Peace
Halforc

Fairly long mate about 2 years till I decided to go Live with my Danish g/f in Denmark. Never let a non smoking g/f persuade you to go back to her country of origin. One minute she's all over your dick because she wants it, get home & she's all over your dick to stop smoking Weed ! Err don't think so love!

Peace

B

#15 Halforc

Just Sprouted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:36 AM

View PostBubbla, on 18 November 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

Fairly long mate about 2 years till I decided to go Live with my Danish g/f in Denmark. Never let a non smoking g/f persuade you to go back to her country of origin. One minute she's all over your dick because she wants it, get home & she's all over your dick to stop smoking Weed ! Err don't think so love!

Peace

B
Haha funny you should say that Bubbla... I married a non smoker/weed hater and it was damn hard for a while but she has slowly come round to the realisation that it's not the big bad drug some would have you think, bless her haha. Luckily she was from the same town as me though and she obviously has other redeeming qualities or I would never have married her haha!

Interesting point you raise though bro on the challenges of having a non smoking partner. Would make a good thread.

#16 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2288 posts
  • Interests:Interesting things

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:20 AM

Welcome Halforc! :welcome:

:spliff:

PeAce

mrG

"Welcome to Dankville, son"