4x 600 W - GG#4, 24K Gold, Amnesia Haze, JackBerry, MadBerry & Kolossus

9 replies to this topic

#1 Thomson

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

My jars of ganja are close to being empty, so I had to get going again.

The setup has remained unchanged. For the people that are not familiar with it: two cabinets, per cabinet two 600 Watt lamps and a soil container filled with organically fertilized soil and a lot of animals.

The soil containers have been supplemented with some extra soil on top of the old soil. The containers now hold about 650 litres per container.
I am still terrible at making high quality pictures and I still use a crappy camera.

This the cabinet on the right. In the back there are four Amnesia Hazes, after that you see three Kolossus. The five plants to the right are JackBerries and the other nine plants are MadBerries.
Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the cabinet on the left. You are mainly looking at Gorilla Glue #4 plants, but there were a lot of really bad clones in this batch. In the back of the cabinet a lot of them died. I replaced two spots with 24K Gold plants.

Posted Image

The yellowness that you see is from the lamp that I use when I make photographs.

Greets,

Thomson

#2 Papalag

Old school hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:25 PM

Hi Thomason
Plants look healthy and great verity
Ive grown mad berry a few times shes got great taste and a good buzz

Happy growing
Peace
Papalag

#3 Thomson

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:13 PM

Thanks Papalag, I'm looking forward to tasting it for myself!

#4 Hamme Hydro

It's either hydro or i go!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:03 PM

Looking good! If i understand correct, you are using 2 x 650 liters of soil for 2400 watts. Isn't that a little overkill?

#5 saxo

GroMagnon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5964 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:22 AM

i´m in again too ....have a good run,Thomson!!

"Good People don´t smoke Marijuana"

Jeff Sessions

#6 Thomson

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:20 AM

Hamme Hydro: Overkill? No man. One can never have too much soil in one's soil container haha! On a serious note: yeah it probably won't be colonized by roots as a whole, but well.. I don't care!

Hey Saxo: great to have you here again! Hoping for a great run as well.

#7 Justcozz

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Muscle cars, 4 wheeling, dirt bikes, hunting, fishing, anything with friends and family.

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:30 AM

I agree, never too much soil. It may be difficult to keep it within the parameters the plants like, but as long as the soil is good the plants should thrive. The roots can grow freely without barriers, one of the benefits of running hydro, a lot of root mass is a small area/pot.
It's not always just Cozz, sometimes it is a Just cozz

https://www.opengrow...to-share-a-bit/

#8 hidronesia

gold digger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:17 AM

Good luck Thomson with this round!!

it will be interesting to see what kind of GG4 u have.

hidro

#9 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4216 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:32 AM

Understand the nitrogen cycle.

There is a thing of having too much soil. Soils just not sitting there ready to be used it is an active environment full of life. You should not look at it as a bunch of reserve. When you water you begin the process if starting that life and the nitrogen cycle.

A handful of worm castings a bit of guano and some compost on top should keep you healthy.

Everything is about balance.
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#10 Thomson

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:03 PM

Thanks hidronesia

I agree with you that everything is about balance. I think I have added a nice balance of nutrients to the soil. I am not very familiar with the practical implications of the nitrogen cycle. I understand the concept though. One question remains in my head though, I hope you can answer it Hempyfan:

Does the mineralization of nitrogen by bacteria in the soil not happen to all kinds of nutrients that are in there?

---
Day 4

Posted Image
The right side

Posted Image
A picture to show the length of the plants. The MadBerries in the left and middle aisle are seedlings.

Posted Image
The GG #4

Posted Image
(you should blame Opengrow for your neck ache, the website keeps rotating the picture)