•           ai.php.gif

Thomson

4x 600 W - GG#4, 24K Gold, Amnesia Haze, JackBerry, MadBerry & Kolossus

My jars of ganja are close to being empty, so I had to get going again.

The setup has remained unchanged. For the people that are not familiar with it: two cabinets, per cabinet two 600 Watt lamps and a soil container filled with organically fertilized soil and a lot of animals.

The soil containers have been supplemented with some extra soil on top of the old soil. The containers now hold about 650 litres per container.

I am still terrible at making high quality pictures and I still use a crappy camera.

This the cabinet on the right. In the back there are four Amnesia Hazes, after that you see three Kolossus. The five plants to the right are JackBerries and the other nine plants are MadBerries.

gallery_161_6050_592152.jpg

gallery_161_6050_104081.jpg

This is the cabinet on the left. You are mainly looking at Gorilla Glue #4 plants, but there were a lot of really bad clones in this batch. In the back of the cabinet a lot of them died. I replaced two spots with 24K Gold plants.

gallery_161_6050_2043403.jpg

The yellowness that you see is from the lamp that I use when I make photographs.

Greets,

Thomson

• Like 5

Hi Thomason

Plants look healthy and great verity

I’ve grown mad berry a few times she’s got great taste and a good buzz

Happy growing

Peace

Papalag

Hamme Hydro: Overkill? No man. One can never have too much soil in one's soil container haha! On a serious note: yeah it probably won't be colonized by roots as a whole, but well.. I don't care!

Hey Saxo: great to have you here again! Hoping for a great run as well.

• Like 3

I agree, never too much soil. It may be difficult to keep it within the parameters the plants like, but as long as the soil is good the plants should thrive. The roots can grow freely without barriers, one of the benefits of running hydro, a lot of root mass is a small area/pot.

Understand the nitrogen cycle.

There is a thing of having too much soil. Soils just not sitting there ready to be used it is an active environment full of life. You should not look at it as a bunch of reserve. When you water you begin the process if starting that life and the nitrogen cycle.

A handful of worm castings a bit of guano and some compost on top should keep you healthy.

Everything is about balance.

Thanks hidronesia

I agree with you that everything is about balance. I think I have added a nice balance of nutrients to the soil. I am not very familiar with the practical implications of the nitrogen cycle. I understand the concept though. One question remains in my head though, I hope you can answer it Hempyfan:

Does the mineralization of nitrogen by bacteria in the soil not happen to all kinds of nutrients that are in there?

---

Day 4

gallery_161_6050_6002818.jpg

The right side

gallery_161_6050_2715578.jpg

A picture to show the length of the plants. The MadBerries in the left and middle aisle are seedlings.

gallery_161_6050_3299281.jpg

The GG #4

gallery_161_6050_4354674.jpg

(you should blame Opengrow for your neck ache, the website keeps rotating the picture)

• Like 8

Today it's day 9.

On the right it looks like this:

PK8Unxd.jpg

8nRw6ql.jpg

On the left it looks like this:

UUqMZ4m.jpg

9XfN287.jpg

The plants have grown about 10 centimeters too tall, so I have snapped all the buds. I will do the same to the tall buds in the right side of the room.

I have nothing to complain about. The temperature in the day is 26 degrees Celsius, at night it is around 21 degrees Celsius. The relative humidity is 55%. I haven't spotted any bad critters.

I'm off to look for a piece of wood to knock on. See you!

• Like 1

Heyya Thomson,

Everything looks fine!

I know dutch guys dont like defoliate.. but if u pick out some big fan leaves that wont hurts the ladies and u will get better buds at the bottom:)

hidro

• Like 2

HI thomson i would do as hidro says it will also stop the leaves make each others wet from touching plus it will also help with air flow a round the plants

space

Haha, you're right about that hidronesia and I'm no different to be honest!

I have removed some green on the bottom, but a very modest amount. Although I have never been a fan over defoliating, I am willing to try it out. So, what would you guys recommend? Remove the big fan leaves so that the light can shine on lower buds? Or would you rather cut the lower buds away? Or both?

I never trim up the bottom branches...u dont want a flat canopy!!! it is simple geometry.. bigger the surface bigger the yield..

------------- it is the flat surface

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ and it is the surface what most plants make in nature to get as much light as possible.

okey if we gave "too much" veg time...a plant try to kill the others by shading them..

Because all strain and cut behave different...tyou have to see the reactions...

I would suggest just to cut only a few big fan leaves from the top and from the middle

if u take out some leaves day by day... thats not a problem I think... but I dont know ur strains..:)

my 24K and GG4 makes very few leaves.. but I just give 3-5 day veg from clone max.

• Like 2

Hi Thompson

Great looking plants bro

Just an observation from my last few grows

Watching 2 identical c99 but they are 2 and 1/2 weeks apart in veg but both went into flower at the same time

The young of the 2 is obviously a good week behind tnt other in development

Also these two plants where at least 3 weeks or maybe 4 weeks behind the the rest

And I can see major differences

It seems that the longer they veg they seem to jump in to flowering and cut there flowering time slightly and the mass of the bud is obvious

Just my opinion

Peace

• Like 1

I don't think I ever had one start flowering before the flip...

is that the c-99 f-6's I sent u ?

very interesting indeed.keep us informed if u will.

has to have some auto flowering gene in there somewhere..this line should be IBL I think..

great time to outcross though :whistle:

• Like 1

@ Bigun

Hi bro that’s the one she’s beautiful looking with hard golf ball nugs can’t wait for the finish

Hay Thompson sorry if i jacked your thread bro

Peace

• Like 1

Don't have much time, I'm sorry about that.

Day 17

This is the right side (Amnesia, Kolossus, Jackberry and Madberry)

LBKuSxQ.jpg

From the bottom it looks like this

vqvkuuH.jpg

On the left side it is getting really hard to make proper pictures. The plants are growing too fast I'm afraid, but I will manage.

1i5WQw6.jpg

Greets,

Thomson

• Like 4

Well saxo, now it has been a while again, but here is another update!

Today is day 32. It is cold. At night, the temperature in the rooms drops towards 15 degrees Celsius. The water heater struggles to keep the water on the right temperature. An advantage that the coldness brings is that the buds do not seem to burn, despite the small distance between the lamp and the canopy. It is quite annoying though, that the light is not spread optimally.

Below some pictures of the room on the right. From the 9 Madberries and 5 Jackberries I planted, only 1 has purple buds. Most of yellowness that you see on the pictures is from the lamp that I use to light up the room for photographing. However, some plants do have light-green leaves.

9AJTQfg.jpg

EDqtfNO.jpg

K3tWT1x.jpg

k9gAjNJ.jpg

The Gorilla Glue #4 which are situated on the left are starting to get going. I do think that they are bit more influenced by the cold when compared to the plants on the right. Below the pictures.

NO4gT7q.jpg

HO1IRnR.jpg

5oZCJAK.jpg

Greets,

Thomson

• Like 7

Hey Thompson, nice set up! Everyone here is on the gg4 kick lol and I mean EVERYONE

I liked the death Star much better but i guess it depends the source

How do you compare the quality between gg4 and kollosus?

Thanks StankyDank30. I have never smoked this GG4 before, so I cannot compare the end-product with that of Kolossus. Kolossus is not one of my favourite strains, and I like the smell of GG4 so far, so I think I will like the flavor of its bud more as well when smoked.

As far as the growing pattern goes I can say the following: the GG4 produces a lot of small branches, whereas the Kolossus generates colossal branches. The GG4 plants do become big and grow really fast, but the Kolossus does it in a more orderly fashion.