•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Gardener

Madberry versus Chocolate Rain versus Mad Scientist

I am looking at getting some seeds and have narrowed my choices down to these three varieties:

• Madberry (Sannie's) 8 - 9 weeks
  • Chocolate Rain (Eskobar) 9 - 10 weeks
  • Mad Scientist (Breeders Choice) 8 - 9 weeks

My main criteria is a feminized seed and a reasonable flowering time. And also in-stock. I am sure some varieties are worth 14 weeks. But I have no need to do something like that in the next couple of years.

I would like to hear from the community. Please share your experiences with these varieties. Madberry sounds good, but i have no idea what to expect in terms of high. Chocolate Rain sounds the most intriguing. I love fantastic tastes and smells and this one reads like it is special. Mad Scientist is a cross between Herijuana and White Widow. I have never tried either variety, but they are preceded by their reputations.

Since these varieties are from three different breeders, i didn't want to place the conversation in a specific breeder's forum. So i put it in smoke reports instead. Please. Help me make up my mind.

• Like 4

Hi gardener

Mad scientist stayed low and need a long veg time taste was good and good high

Madberry is awesome smoke grows lanky but all around taste and high is top grade golf ball size buds yield cold be better

But quality makes up for yield

Never tried cr

Peace

• Like 4

Madberry is also a flavor BOMB! And a nice happy high like chocolate rain but a bit more stone

CR stretches allot which i like, madberry needs to be veged and trained to get decent yields.. cr yields great if you get the right plant. Madberry finishes much quicker.

Haven't popped my mad scientist yet but I'm sure the structure from the heri is there which is awesome and many rave of the potency

I like heri as a grand parent much more, helps with terps

• Like 1

the CR for me! the plants got better yield than MS & MB(the freebee-version bevor)....as mentioned above,both need more veg than the ChocoRain,imho

• Like 1

Madberry for me was great smoke! Second best behind Sugarpunch from what I grew last year. Smelled like poop and berries and kind of tasted like it as well. In a good way! Chocolate rain I thought was a bit weak at first so it got jarred and forgotten but when I went back to it in a couple months it was actually really good smoke, and delicious- could actually smell raspberries. Madberry also had really dense but smallish buds whereas the chocolate rain was a bit airier. Hope that helps a bit mate.

• Like 1

Madberry for me was great smoke! Second best behind Sugarpunch from what I grew last year. Smelled like poop and berries and kind of tasted like it as well. In a good way! Chocolate rain I thought was a bit weak at first so it got jarred and forgotten but when I went back to it in a couple months it was actually really good smoke, and delicious- could actually smell raspberries. Madberry also had really dense but smallish buds whereas the chocolate rain was a bit airier. Hope that helps a bit mate.

Thank you much, Halforc. This does help. Although I have never encountered a good poop and berries flavor.

• Like 1

I only know the Mad Scientist by regular seed not the feminized version its potency was both strong and good yield towards each parent phenotype both were quite well and yielded okay. The White Widow female yielded slightly more in was my preference Over the heri parent they both top tier in potency

Chocolate Rain is a good choice for chocolate type genetic though I am not familiar with the feminized version

I have no input on the Mad Barry as it is a bit more day type type smoke than I prefer.

• Like 1

Mad berry is awesome for relaxing and tastes great. The pheno I have tastes like pink lemonade and takes on purple and pink colors. I wouldn't say it's a great daytime smoke though. I am guessing my pheno has that heri edge because it makes me pretty tired and useless if I smoke during the day.

Yields are on the low side per plant, but if you're like me you use the space your growing in to judge yield and not per plant weight.

If you SOG this strain it can fill your space with tons of bud.

• Like 3

I have to agree....The one I kept is far from being daytime smoke. Just to make sure I tested it again last night :) It is also a good yielder with some veg time. Madberry is one of the best I have ever got from Sannie's :)

• Like 3