•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Justcozz

What strains for Multiple Sclerosis

I have a very good friend that was diagnosed with MS about 8 years ago after being on nerve medication after a back injury. He has taken every Rx under the sun, most of which don't work and have made him much worse. About 2 years ago he completely stopped taking all pharmaceuticals. He has to use a wheel chair now and had to give up musical instruments. He is ready to try MJ.

What strains would you recommend? And where to buy that's reliable and ships to the US. preferably takes cash, like Sannie.

I've googled it, but can't find seeds for almost all recommended strains.

Want to start with as many strains as possible to find the one/ones that work best for him.

Thank you all ahead of time.

• Like 4

Contact Gardenatus and NAW.

I believe they are at the Forefront of this with experience.

• Like 2

That is kind of like everything else, need to find what works best for that patient. I have found Toro Boro, Canna 4 for day use, mixed in with indica works best for day, but some people CBD actually makes them sleep and better for night use. Adding a bit of CBD to all treatment would be recommended. I use a mix of indica strains in cannabis oil. What has worked best for me, and especially in the beginning, is the cannabis oil both THC and CBD. I use CBD with some sativa at times if the fatigue is too great, but mainly indica with CBD or indica by itself.

CBD works well for the brain fog, pain, muscle spasms, and fatigue for day use. IF he gets sleepy on CBD would use a low dose with sativa for day.

A really good oil made with a mix of high potency THC Indica strains is what it takes for me. Then adding CBD to the treatment. At first I had to use CBD oil, but now it only takes medibles. The best way for them to get benefit is to eat it in decarbed form.

Two I did find helped were Granddaddy purps and Mr. Nice guy, those seemed to work better for me.

You could make a tincture of CBD, this works really well for all but is helpful in MS> I use MCT oil which stays liquid, and add in turmeric with some black pepper, Turmeric makes CBD more bio available, black pepper makes turmeric more bio available. Use this for day use, I put a tut up for this tincture in the Kitchen section here. This I use for day along with medibles, then kick in a bit of indica THC Medibles if needed.

IF he has pain from neuropathy, very hard to treat, but adding in a topical would be good. It helps the nerve pain, as well as does CBD, and the spasms. Using emu oil in with other carrier oils, will take it right down to the point of origin. If the pain is severe, dissolve cannabis oil, a mix of THC and CBD would be best, into emu oil or DMSO, make sure to use alcohol on the skin to clean before applying, it pulls all what is in the skin, through the layers of skin, but that works really well for deep pain.

Basically I do not have strain recommendations as much as find a good high CBD strain or two, and a few really high potency THC strains and make oil, the oil is what got me out of the wheelchair and has kept me out. Took me about 6 months on the oil, and then I only had to use my walker or a cane, now I rarely have to use an aid, just have to watch how I walk lol I have drop foot and fall Up the Stairs not down lol

• Like 6

@ Mrs G, thanks, i thought you would be the one to talk to on this and was going to just pm you. But I figured others might also have good recommendations/advise or also need it.

He has tried edibles ( homemade cookies for fun not med), a couple of times, it helped him once then not later. So he didn't try it anymore, thought it was a fluke.. Most likely due to potency/strain. He didn't know what was used in them and at the time didn't understand the differences in every strain, or THC and CBD.

I also suggested edibles, or canna oil in capsules. Thought I would make a few different ones for him to try. Some high in CBD, some THC. Sativa and indica. That would allow him to find a dose and mix that works.

• Like 1

There are plenty of cannabis strains that will work well for those with MS.

Here are a few strains that will help those with MS. There are many others that will work on MS symptoms , but these are some that I've been told about from people with MS.

One to One (Amnesia Haze x unknown CBD Landrace) is a well balanced thc/cbd strain that was developed for medicinal use.

Harlequin (Colombian Gold x Thai x Swiss Landrace x Nepal)

Critical Mass (Afghani x Skunk#1)

Sour Tsunami (Cannatonic x (Sour Diesel x Double Diesel)

Russian Assassin (Skywalker x Lemon OG Kush x Headband)

Super Sour OG (Blueberry x Sour Diesel x OG Kush) x Lost Coast OG

Trainwreck (Colombian x Mexican x Afghani)

If you do a simple breakdown of the genetics that make up most of these strains you'll notice that Sour Diesel and/or Skunk genetics are found in most of them as well as various landraces.

I hope you are able to find some strains that will help your friend.

I would say that he is lucky to have a friend like you who is willing to lend a hand in finding him some worthy medicinal cannabis for his condition. You, Sir, are a good man!

• Like 6

The widows have been reported as helping and White Rhino as well. I think hunting for the type terpenes in each of these, might solve the hunt better. I think it is a good idea to get different opinions, each of us is so different what works for one might not for the next.

I experiment like that, give the patients different mixes, until we find what works best for them. You will probably have to experiment a bit til you find what works best. CBD should for sure be used.

• Like 1

@hillbilly, thanks, I've been wanting to grow some WW for a while

@Desert Grown, thanks, looks like a great list.

As for me being being a good man, also thanks. My friend has been one of the greatest roll models I've met. Being in a wheelchair and in constant pain, he will not let it stop him from living life. When he was no longer able to climb into his truck to drive, he would ride his electric wheelchair 5 miles down the road to go to work. He's an airplane mechanic, will use a overhead lift and a repelling harnes to get himself up on the plane to do what he has too. I once saw him in the winter, 20* outside with 10 inches of snow going to work. He was plowing the road in front of him with a snow shovel. Wouldn't except a ride, said he was almost there (still about a mile away). I walked with him and shoveled. Then he tried to give me a ride back on his chair so I didn't have to walk back to miy truck..lol. Dude is an inspiration to me and a fine example for all of us. Besides his wife, music is his true love and passion. My goal is to get his dexterity back so he can play guitar again. Just that would make him a truly happy man.

• Like 4

Sounds like my kind of guy.

@Justcozz

For your friend i think you should give T.P.R a try, she has bin worked for relieving pain and is fairly stable.

Ask for the Green Manalishi freebee, she has that immence narcotic and numb feeling that goes deep into the system and makes every muscle free and relaxed no matter the tension. She has a mellow high but the medical value is very secure, very muscle relaxing.

If your friend never smoked take a little precaution, these are both strong strains.

Take care now.

Poldergrower and RhinoCbd

• Like 7

@poldergrower, thanks for the follow info.

I've had my eye on the TPR, for awhile, thinking it would be good for him. I'll definitely order it. And seeing all the GM in the journals I've wanted it too. Looks and sounds amazing.

I talked to him today and he is even considering starting a grow. If he does, I'll get him OG, I know you all will help him make the best of it.

• Like 1

I wanted to add that depending on the severity of your friends MS symptoms, he need look no further than Sannies.

The diversity of the breeders that Sannie feels comfortable supporting by selling their wares in his shop is like no other seed bank I have found. The whole cannabis spectrum may be found in the shop.

The breeders in the shop have no problem providing information on their strains genetics... that is very useful for researching strains to understand their genetic makeup and which beneficial cannabinoids may be found within them.

Transparency is important when it comes to treating people with cannabis. Same as your food... you need to know what's in it!

Don't forget to make your friend some edibles too, they may actually work better and longer for him than smoking or smoking alone.

CBD strains and CBD oil are being counterfeited at alarming rates these days, preying on those who rely the healing properties of CBD to remedy their ailments. CBD can't be proven unless it is tested... therefore, only send your hard earned money to a breeder/company you can trust to have what they say they have... you want verified strains, not knock offs.

I am heavily medicated on some Lemon Pledge Diesel right now and seem to be rambling a little... my apologies.

• Like 2

@ Poldergrower, out of likes, thanks again. Yes edibles and oils is my plan. Now just got to get the beans and get to work

• Like 1

IMHO, what I have seen, NAW's Hammer Of Dawn, has given a friend her life back.....her words.

I also think he will need to attack this with tinctures, edibles and smoking for the quickest relief.

We have tried early cutting of this strain for the speedier THC effects to help her *get up each morning*, worked fine, BUT it wrecked her emotions.

We also tried late harvest or more amber colored trichomes, this will help her sleep, as some of her meds, kept her awake at times.

That was a bit to deep of a sleep for her and she had brain fog in the morning.

What we found, was growing out the HOD (and I'm very proud of her for growing her own meds now), cutting them to when NAW suggests,

Fresh off the stalk buds will work fine and all, but 3 weeks in Mason jars, and the meds really poke out or forward, or what ever the hell happens, this medicine is perfect for her sense of well being.

The hardest part when we first started working together, was to get her mind past the idea of, * well I ingested this edible, but I didn't feel anything.*

If I'm not trying to attack pain, I do not want you to feel high, or stoned, but just realize you are NOT FEELING AS BAD.

She was sooooo used to chemical reactions, that if she did not feel that, it can not be working. IT IS, it's subtle, it's needs to smooth out the effects of years of harsh chemical reactions, and work the pathways and connectors.

I do not profess to understand every nuance of this horrible disease, nor do I full understand the whys and hows these cannabis strains do what they do.....but after 3-4 years of trying every single way I can find to offer her relief, she has come back from her latest physical, and her regular doctor, scans her, and has her go back down to JohnsHopkins to rescan her, as the lesions they had recorded for more then a decade, are now virtually gone.

Does that mean she is cured, oh hell no!! JohnsHopkins said to her, that is fine and all, but do not read to much into it.

She fights back everyday, with exercise, diet, and keeping as full of a life as anyone else.

The biggest thing she found was, simply some hope.

She is back working a limited schedule, working her lovely HOD ladies, in a perpetual sweet little set up.

What an upbeat warrior she is!!

Keep working strains with him, do not get discouraged, and we do not always feel the meds are working, but I know from the Epilepsy friend, and a wee dog stricken with Epilepsy, the meds do not need to be felt to be very effective.

Best of luck on your path.

• Like 2

@webeblzr, thanks for the recommendation and the great info. I'll share with my friend. I would have also thought that if he wasn't feeling anything then there wouldn't be enough in his system to make a difference.

Another question...

We all build up tolerance, usually we associate this with the psychological effects. Have you noticed that greater doses are needed to sustain the medical aspects as well? I suspect the answer is yes, and it's probably a dumb question, but I'm not scared to ask dumb shit...lol

• Like 1

Not for us@justcozz, we have meds that work just at the right spot so only a little bit is needed to have great effect.

No tollerance build up what so ever, it hits the spot each and every time.

One just have to find that variety that works best for every one in specific. No one grower/breeder/seedmaker can pinpoint what strain helps for one and all ailment. It has to be the search for that person him/her self, we as pioneers in the matter can only guide and hope things fall into place. When we started our journey only thing we knew was that maybe cbd could be pain relieving but now after a certain of time we tried over and over with so many patients we got a schedule to point people in the right direction.

Only way is to trial and error, only then one get's the feedback needed from our strains and we can tell something usefull about them.

Talk them over and over, feel free to judge them and give you're opinion.

Share with the world and release the pain.

Poldergrower and RhinoCbd

• Like 3

IMHO, what I have seen, NAW's Hammer Of Dawn, has given a friend her life back.....her words.

I also think he will need to attack this with tinctures, edibles and smoking for the quickest relief.

We have tried early cutting of this strain for the speedier THC effects to help her *get up each morning*, worked fine, BUT it wrecked her emotions.

We also tried late harvest or more amber colored trichomes, this will help her sleep, as some of her meds, kept her awake at times.

That was a bit to deep of a sleep for her and she had brain fog in the morning.

What we found, was growing out the HOD (and I'm very proud of her for growing her own meds now), cutting them to when NAW suggests,

Fresh off the stalk buds will work fine and all, but 3 weeks in Mason jars, and the meds really poke out or forward, or what ever the hell happens, this medicine is perfect for her sense of well being.

The hardest part when we first started working together, was to get her mind past the idea of, * well I ingested this edible, but I didn't feel anything.*

If I'm not trying to attack pain, I do not want you to feel high, or stoned, but just realize you are NOT FEELING AS BAD.

She was sooooo used to chemical reactions, that if she did not feel that, it can not be working. IT IS, it's subtle, it's needs to smooth out the effects of years of harsh chemical reactions, and work the pathways and connectors.

I do not profess to understand every nuance of this horrible disease, nor do I full understand the whys and hows these cannabis strains do what they do.....but after 3-4 years of trying every single way I can find to offer her relief, she has come back from her latest physical, and her regular doctor, scans her, and has her go back down to JohnsHopkins to rescan her, as the lesions they had recorded for more then a decade, are now virtually gone.

Does that mean she is cured, oh hell no!! JohnsHopkins said to her, that is fine and all, but do not read to much into it.

She fights back everyday, with exercise, diet, and keeping as full of a life as anyone else.

The biggest thing she found was, simply some hope.

She is back working a limited schedule, working her lovely HOD ladies, in a perpetual sweet little set up.

What an upbeat warrior she is!!

Keep working strains with him, do not get discouraged, and we do not always feel the meds are working, but I know from the Epilepsy friend, and a wee dog stricken with Epilepsy, the meds do not need to be felt to be very effective.

Best of luck on your path.

Web, this is my feeling about cannabis and MS< we have not had as much success with PPMS< but with SPMS and RRMS, this halts the progression and stabilizes us. I think all who have MS should be on cannabis treatment. It so far is the only hope of all these drugs that actually halts the progression.. Until they find a cure, if they do in our lifetimes, we will be at a stable point, without more symptoms or disability. We can not correct a lot of the damage done, some we can, making the progression stop, gives us much better quality of life and if miracles happen one day they might find a cure and halt this disease completely without added symptoms or disorders.

For me it has been nothing short of a miracle. I was on a few MS medications and still ended up with more lesions. I have had only one flare since starting cannabis oil, and that is because I stopped using it thinking my receptors were full and needed cleaned. God's Plant, God's Medicine, best thing hands down I have tried. The other medicine they had me on for symptoms, do not work half as well as cannabis does.

• Like 1

@ Mrs G, outta likes, thank you

I think that is the second time I've seen you post a link to that shop, you work there or something?

Now this popped up again, how is your friend doing Justcozz?

I think that is the second time I've seen you post a link to that shop, you work there or something?

Now this popped up again, how is your friend doing Justcozz?

He is still hanging in there. I dropped off a couple more ounces of KB for him. He doesn't smoke all day, just a little in the mornings to ease the symptoms. But it is still helping him. So hopefully it will last him until this run is done. Plus I should have TPR ,GM and Santero's gear ready for soil in a few days. Hopefully ready for flip when I yank the males out of the current run. So by the time the weather starts getting better he should have enough meds to get him out and doing the things he enjoys.

On a side note. He has started recording and producing music again. He's not able to play, but felling better, just finished recording an album for a local artist. I'll see if I can get a copy and put a few songs up.

I'm down to about 1.5oz of KB and and 2oz of SJ. The Cozz house will be dry by harvest....won't do that again..lol

• Like 1

Sweet, would enjoy hearing that. Has he started on eating it at all? That is what turned my life around, when I ate it. :) Do you have any CBD products for him to try?

He has tried a few edibles, but not much. I'm not sure about CBD. The closest shop for him is over 100 miles away. So not something he has easy access to.

This is why I am trying to figure out what's best for him. We all know, we can produce quite a bit more meds for the dollar than what can be had in the shops.

I think he will do quite well on CBD. One of the bad symptoms of MS, is debilitating fatigue, CBD helps with that, also what we refer to as brain farts. It really helps with mind clarity. Eating it he will get so much better results. We'll try to get him on right track.

• Like 1