It is not obvious how to ignore someone here; I thank Santero for this post:

https://www.opengrow...-other-members/
<_<

#2 Justcozz

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Interests:Muscle cars, 4 wheeling, dirt bikes, hunting, fishing, anything with friends and family.

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:42 PM

Will we still have to look at their post if somebody quotes them? Lol
It's not always just Cozz, sometimes it is a Just cozz

https://www.opengrow...to-share-a-bit/

#3 Hamme Hydro

It's either hydro or i go!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:03 AM

Who are you trying to ignore? I am louder than a bomb so good luck! :icecream:

#4 Justcozz

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Interests:Muscle cars, 4 wheeling, dirt bikes, hunting, fishing, anything with friends and family.

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:06 AM

View PostHamme Hydro, on 26 November 2017 - 03:03 AM, said:

Who are you trying to ignore? I am louder than a bomb so good luck! :icecream:

Damn, it didn't work......you are like a reoccurring nightmare....lmao

#5 Hamme Hydro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:43 AM

View PostJustcozz, on 26 November 2017 - 05:06 AM, said:

Damn, it didn't work......you are like a reoccurring nightmare....lmao
That's what you get for jiving i ain't cool!

Posted Image

#6 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2122 posts
  • Interests:Growing, Knowledge, People, Family...and stuff

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:05 PM

I don't think blocking is useful, sometimes even people u don't like make good points...it's like the thing with the blind chicken and the corn ;)

is ignoring not an option?

Greetz
He who has learned to do nothing with his whole mind and body will have everything done for him. DE

#7 Justcozz

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

@mindless, I agree. I've never blocked anyone. If I don't like what someone says (usually political bashing crap and/or trolls) then I just skip their post and keep on reading. But very seldom does anyone bug me that much. There are a few other sites that you can't find a thread where there is not someone deliberately trying to piss off the world. I go to those sites when I'm searching for something specific. OG is my spot to learn and socialize. The only spot on the interweb where people don't bash because you don't do it like them.

#8 Hamme Hydro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:51 PM

Over at the dutch forum they house quite a few scumbags, so finding the ignore button is a plus.

#9 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

Oh there is someone on here that I was gonna tell to F off, but someone beat me to it lol so I Decided if I didn't see what he wrote, I wont' get banned ha ha ha. ;) They can see what you write.
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.
Posted Image

#10 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4268 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

My advice is to look at it a little bit differently.

Instead of getting angry or upset feel sorry for the person almost as if they're just a whiny little child crying throwing a fit on the floor you wouldn't really get mad at that to the point the hold it against the child.

When people act ignorant and cruel that is what they are doing in an adult way.

I personally think it's kind of cute and comical when grown men in women act foolishly as it illustrates the interior of themselves.

I do not let people get me riled up because they are not deserved to have that power over me.

In the south of the United States they have a saying that says that "person is special."

Looking at it through those lenses should diminish what they hope to accomplish and take away their effect upon you.

Jah Bless!
Hempyfan.
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#11 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2122 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:06 AM

I get what u mean hempy, but feeling sorry is the same as feeling angry about someone...kind of a destructive way. just take it how it is without any judgement is a good option imo but that is f**** hard and needs lots of practice :)

greetz
He who has learned to do nothing with his whole mind and body will have everything done for him. DE

#12 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4268 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:16 AM

I speak generically here.

Feeling sorry is not the same about being angry

Feeling sorry is more like Pity

The anger comes from you not the situation however you have allowed the situation to instigate that anger affect in you.

It doesn't really take practice but but an emotional maturing past a school-age mentality. People like to make excuses for their anger or whatever their issues are but you have to accept you did not grow up emotionally then you have to find that growth.

If not it will work to destroy you and cause you harm and pain and those whom you care.

Many marriages and lives have been ruined by such immature emotions that people could not control because they don't face who they are and take a Direction to understand and appreciate what they do and mature in developing to a true adult.

It is not something that happens overnight but understand those anger impulses are more Behavioral impulses almost like they are a learned response and is not truly a permanent ingrained thing. It is more like a bad habit.

Jah Bless!
Hempyfan.
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#13 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:52 AM

Yea and sometimes you just gotta say F off lol cause some people are idiots :) I get ya totally, but reality is, not all play by the same rules, and need a little jolt like a slap on occasion to recognize their own behavior.
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.
Posted Image

#14 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2122 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:15 AM

IMO if u don't feed trolling with anger or feeling sorry or any other emotional answer it will disappear, first out of your sight/mind and then generally. but therefor it's true that some people need a occasional slap on the back of the head, me included :D

#15 Hamme Hydro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:20 PM

View Postgardenartus, on 27 November 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

Yea and sometimes you just gotta say F off lol cause some people are idiots :) I get ya totally, but reality is, not all play by the same rules, and need a little jolt like a slap on occasion to recognize their own behavior.
That is exactly how i feel, some people only speak the dialect of a stick.

#16 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4268 posts
    Jah Bless!

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:24 PM

Sometimes you just got to smack someone upside the head

#17 Misterdirt

Quiet Desperado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8948 posts
  • Interests:NASCAR Heart Racing

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:07 PM

View PostMiNdLesS, on 26 November 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

I don't think blocking is useful, sometimes even people u don't like make good points...it's like the thing with the blind chicken and the corn ;)

is ignoring not an option?

Greetz

There was a member I put on 'ignore,' due to his being an asshole-moron. Literally every single one of his posts were worthless, and delivered in a dickheaded manner. And I thought I could put up with anyone.

Later, during one of my prolonged absences from OG, I think he got the boot, for some reason or another. I'm sure it was asshole-moron related, whatever he did.
Place no head above your own.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#18 Hamme Hydro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:19 PM

View PostHempyfan, on 27 November 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

Sometimes you just got to smack someone upside the head
Yes, some people don't like to reason and than it's time to put your fronts up.

#19 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2122 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

hey mr.d, therefor I 'trust' the mods on here to separate those people from the people that usually taking part here and share stuff.

og is pretty small in comparison to other boards (in terms of people writing regularly) so it seems pretty easy to me to spot them and kick'em out.

sometimes it's obvious that some people just come to start fights. don't feed them and let the mods do their job.

Greetz

#20 Damar

rookie gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • Interests:Organic Gardening

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

Every time another OG members jumps into a heated argument in public (as opposed to via private messages), it lowers the reputation of this site as a whole.

We're never going to all have the same opinion on everything. Someone spouting charged messages should be responded to privately. If they're ignored en masse than their fire will fizzle out, but a single person responding to them stokes the fire further.

There's something called netiquette for a reason... It's like we're all in a bar... I don't see why we can't have a civil discourse on a divisive topic, but if you can't abide by the rules of the locale, you're going to be silenced forcefully.
Living Organic Soil thread / grow journal ...

"Blessed is he who has found his work, let him ask no other blessings" -Thomas Carlyle