Cornsnake

22 replies to this topic

#1 Barrie84

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:39 PM

So my oldest daughter wanted a reptile, so i bought a beautiful red cornsnake. I kepped some snakes in the past found them pretty amazing, here she is, she is just a few months old:

Posted Image

She is a Bloodred het.Pied Sided

Do you have a snake or reptile plz post ^^
Hybride Freak

#2 Wee Zard

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3306 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, horticulture, evading adulthood.<br />

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:41 AM

Underlit zard.JPG
Uploaded 06 Oct 2010 - 16:45

Wee Zard.JPG
Uploaded 06 Oct 2010 - 16:45

Yup!

#3 Sunnyvale

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:49 AM

I'm more allround animal lover, with a preferance for dogs :P. But's that's a nice girl Barrie, what's her name?

#4 bigun

old time grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4913 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:30 AM

Barrie..I hate spiders and snakes and that is all it takes...to scare the hell out of me..lol

#5 Misterdirt

Quiet Desperado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8948 posts
  • Interests:NASCAR Heart Racing

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

Looks to me like an excuse to buy more lizard lights for the grow room!

I used to have snakes and all sorts of odd animals when I was a kid. Now I weigh them against the fact that they curtail my personal freedom.

I'll have dogs and maybe even cats when I retire, but not before then. They just take up too much time.
Place no head above your own.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#6 saxo

GroMagnon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6006 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

she´s a beauty !!

i like snakes,maybe because we don´t get much of them in the wild. i used to have a red chile -spider for many yrs,but she died 2 yrs ago.

Posted Image

"Good People don´t smoke Marijuana"

Jeff Sessions

#7 bigun

old time grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4913 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

@SAXO..looks like he was getting fresh meat for dinner..lol

#8 saxo

GroMagnon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6006 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:46 PM

...hunting fresh,of course! :yummy:
Posted Image

Sorry for highjacking,Barrie :innocent:

Jeff Sessions

#9 bigun

old time grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4913 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

@sazo..that is one ugly dude..lol

#10 Barrie84

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

Nice spider Saxobro ^^ Im also a HUGE dog fan, my first dog was small one when i was very young, when i was 13 years old i wanted a Bullmastiff for my Birthday but i got a Rottweiler, i was very exciting at that moment my own Rottweiler he was my buddy, he died at 9 years of age, in that period (18years old) we whent to Turkey on vacation and a little puppy was folowing us, she was so cute so we take here home ^^ (passport everything legal) she died last year she was 15 years old....my litlle lady,,,, i bought a Bullmastiff about 8 years ago she was my big love, she died at 4 years old (a very nasty and never wanne see that again dead) still thinking of her these days......nowdays we got a very dominant Dwarf Pincher, but i must admit he is my buddy, he is very dominant to the Cats yep also got 3 cats.... so thats my dog experience
Hybride Freak

#11 bigun

old time grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4913 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

Barrie, as it looks u have had several heartbreaks too...

once they come into your life ,they are family..loose a family member it hurts and takes a little piece of u with it..
Wendy died in '98..she is buried here..she was a Yorkie
Shebba was born Nov 98 and once weaned I got her. my son gave her to me...she was going on 14..long life for a GSD.
Midnite..a Heinz 57 baby..she was soon to b 11 and disappeared
Roxie..3yrs. 3 months...her spine separated and she had to b put to sleep...

I have all the last ones ashes except,of course, Midnite.
also have the ashes of my little meanie Prince..ball of white fur and meaner than a snake..always into something..lolhe was 3 when he passed.

Heart aches are a part of loving.i dearly loved all my buddies..they were family and not many days go by that I don't think of them..

they will b spread with my ashes at my place of birth..

#12 saxo

GroMagnon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6006 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:55 AM

View PostMisterdirt, on 03 December 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

..... Now I weigh them against the fact that they curtail my personal freedom.

I'll have dogs and maybe even cats when I retire, but not before then. They just take up too much time.
.....that´s the main reason,i don´t got a dog or a cat...to much time and space ( i could not imagine,haveing a dog or a cat living in the house/rooms..maybe if i had a farm) ...and my uncles shepperd was biting me when i was 10-12yrs old LOL..thats reason #2, i don´t realy like dogs

a spider is quite modest....a smal,warm terrarium;some water & a cricket or a baby-mouse every 3-4weeks.,thats all!! no need to walk it and you don´t have to chase it off,when you want to lay on your couch ;)

Jeff Sessions

#13 bigun

old time grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4913 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:12 PM

a person must understand what comes when u get a dog cat anything that requires constant daily care.

if u leave u must put them in a trusted kennel that cost's us 96 dollars a day for 3 large dogs and 1 cat..lol

then ,just like kids, u worry when u leave them etc.....some people are animal lovers and some are not...

lol lol I find out now why u didn't come Saxo..my BIG Shepherds..lol

#14 Justcozz

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Interests:Muscle cars, 4 wheeling, dirt bikes, hunting, fishing, anything with friends and family.

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:42 PM

I agree, before our dog died, we paid a friends son $50 a day stay at our house and dog sit. Gets pricey for a two week vacation, but very much worth it to not have to worry.
It's not always just Cozz, sometimes it is a Just cozz

https://www.opengrow...to-share-a-bit/

#15 Misterdirt

Quiet Desperado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8948 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

View Postsaxo, on 04 December 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

a spider is quite modest....a smal,warm terrarium;some water & a cricket or a baby-mouse every 3-4weeks.,thats all!! no need to walk it and you don´t have to chase it off,when you want to lay on your couch ;)

Yeah, but I'd be tempted to smack it with a rolled up magazine or spray it with insecticide every time I saw it.

On the other hand, a snake is also low maintenance. And for some reason I don't have the same disgust for snakes that I do for spiders.

I had a common garter snake that ate live goldfish. If you put a small bowl with a fish in it, he (or she, now that I consider it) would stick his head in the water and grab the fish. He would then bash it against a rock until it was dead (no constricting) and then swallow it. He got about 3 or 4 fish a month.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#16 DesertGrown

All around plant guy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3427 posts
  • Interests:Everything cannabis.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:53 PM

Once you get attached to an pet, you're stuck... you know in the back of your head that one day you're gonna be in for it when their final day comes... it's rough, it's the same as losing a family member.

My wife and I have a Lhasa Apso named Maui that is 9yo and almost a year ago we had to put down our 14yo Lhasa Apso, Milo, due to him being diagnosed with diabetes and advanced pancreatic cancer and suffering greatly because of it. I feel it was the most humane thing to do for him even though it broke my heart. It's hard to keep dry eyes when I think of him. I miss him dearly.

I did treat him with cannabis, I believe he enjoyed it and it gave him an appetite. He was much more vocal after he had an edible... anyone that knows this breed knows these dogs can "talk" to you... they are very vocal animals.

As for reptiles... I was born and raised in the Mojave Desert and as a kid I would catch anything that moved, with or without legs.

I have caught every type of lizard, snake, gecko, spider/tarantula and scorpion that resides in my section of the Mojave.
When I was a teen I would catch rattlesnakes and take them to a local herpetologist so he could milk them to create antivenin. Afterwards, he would give the snakes back to me and I would take them back to where I caught them and set them free.

My favorite is still the Mojave Green rattlesnake. After shedding their old skin they are the coolest vibrant green color, but keep your distance or they will most definitely ruin your day!
CANNABIS will get you through times of NO MONEY better than MONEY will get you through times of NO CANNABIS

#17 Hamme Hydro

It's either hydro or i go!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:00 AM

I am more of a cat lover but i think the heartache is the same when you lose them. It is so painful that you consider not getting a pet again.

#18 Misterdirt

Quiet Desperado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8948 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:55 AM

The sorrow of losing them is only temporary. If I had the time, I'd get another dog to replace the guy in my avatar. I just don't have the time or stability in my life (the kind of stability that a dog wants — like his/her owner being around).

We can all use a good reminder of mortality, anyway.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#19 Barrie84

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

Thats life my friends, lost allot of friends in this life time included some kids ( not my own but family)......... life`s goes on, stay positive
Hybride Freak

#20 Leo.Z

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:24 AM

@ your little pincher is indeed very funny, wasn't his name tippi? We enjoyed him very much :D!