I try not to take the Advil and ibuprofen

It’s bad for the kidneys

The worst part being a guitar 🎸 player I can’t even form a cord

I do fine some relief with G39 and lately the dc x hc

Any suggestions would be helpful

Peace

Papalag

• Like 1

I have it in my fingers, back and other joints, to some extent.

One of the main things to realize is that for many types of pain, the way Cannabis products help is just by taking your mind away from the pain. If it doesn't occur to me that I'm in pain, I'm not in pain.

Almost all weed does it for me. Things with CBD definitely work. I've only tried things with both CBD and THC, so I can't say about pure CBD with no THC, but I'd say reliable reports say it works fine, without THC.

I found that CBD topical lotions don't work on me, at all. I have not tried the ones with special carriers, like DMSO, so this is not a blanket condemnation. But I just don't think it absorbs and gets where it needs to be in the body, just by applying it to skin.

My arthritis is minor, at this point. I can't speak for anyone who is really crippled by it.

• Like 5

Thanks mr dirt

I never tried a cbd only strain before

The smoke does make me forget the pain lol

Peace

You need to eat it hun, world of difference, and add CBD to your regime. Turmeric with black pepper added to a fat like coconut and you have a major anti inflammatory. Using the balm and eating medibles, you should find relief. I offered at one time lol you ready yet? ;)

• Like 7

Hi mrs G it’s gotten worse I don’t like to impose

But I think Iam ready

I do have some tincture in the works

Thanks

• Like 3

Misterdirt, emu oil works similar to DMSO. If you use cannabis oil in emu oil, major pain relief, takes it down to point of origin. Using THC with CBD bumps each other up. I've found some of the best medicine for pain is one to one combo.

I never mind helping a friend :) What type tincture are you making?

• Like 6

CBD cream for me. My hands get painful from muscular dystrophy. At its worst, i can't move my wrists. Pure agony. CBD cream takes about 10 or 15 minutes, but it provides me with very real relief. It attacks the muscular stiffness. The pain is diminished, and the muscles begin to flex again.

I have arthritis in my lower back. I have never thought to try CBD rub there until now. I may give that a try.

Hope you find relief.

• Like 1

Hi mrs g

I made some using moonshine and some hash and bud and clippings some indica and sati all mix up

Going to make oil

And some edibles hopefully soon

I may try mixing some in the emu cream that sounds interesting

• Like 4

Heya paps,

For me edibles do the trick and make my hands flexible again, some days they are just hurt.

We are into bananebread lately and that is one of the best when it comes to digest.

Very long and strong medication, when you get a little older i notice that i like edibles more and more and smoking becomes less.

I have always liked edibles, chocolates, cookies, brownie, bananabread are all very good.

Happy baking!

Poldergrower

• Like 5

Hey Pap,

I've just began messing around with tincture, the thing I'm finding is I love the versatility of it. You can use it anywhere, shows, concerts, peoples homes when children are around or just out for coffee at a nice shop. Its discreet and effective and not that hard to make. Through experiment I've found that when applied as a topical I like to use heat to help it absorb by either soaking my feet or hands in hot water or heating pad. Also when I feel achy in the morning a dropper full in my coffee and by the time i finish no pain and smiling my ass off! I've used only 190 proof alcohol method so far and made a very strong product from Strawberry Blues, the method is sound but the booze is tough. Good luck and Peace.

Billman

.....Tip.... for those of you who cannot buy Everclear locally do yourself a favor and Google 190 proof alcohol and drop the Everclear from your search, you may be surprised what you may find.

• Like 4

As a steel fabricator, machine builder, I started having pains in my hands and knees first.

It started in my 40's, not horrible, but that dull pain would work on me, eat into my sleep.

I was lucky enough to talk with a doctor, a holistic practitioner, that told me to go get a blood test, and come back.

As we reviewed it, he would show me certain things to look for, like my vitamin D levels.

He told me, the AMA docs would say, *your Vitamin D levels are ok, average, he said but they are very low.

He asked me how many times I got colds or the flu. I said like everyone, when the weather changes.

He told me weather, being hot or cold, has no bearing on illness whatsoever.

It comes from reduced levels of VD, as that fights inflammation.

Inflammation is the starting point for many of our bodies issues, more than we think.

Many allergies are simply inflammation gone unchecked, and if your VD levels are very low, your going to have the allergy reaction.

For many folks, bucking up with vitamin D3, one of the cheapest vitamins on Earth, can have many healthful attributes.

For myself, I'm a very skeptical testical, and went on a reading frenzy, for many months.

After reading I realized, in my younger years I did not need to think about vitamins and supplements, as I got older, and it's harder and harder getting out of bed with all the aches and pains, I succumbed.

I'm not going into my personal vitamin and supplement regime, but after 12 years of yearly blood tests, the first 6 twice a year, I watched my VD levels increase very slowly.

About 2 years into it taking 10,000 IU's a day, my levels got up to my halfway point, that my doc and I talked about where they should be at.

Now I take 5,000 a day, that holds my place as far as my levels go.

No more flu's, no more colds, my hands and knees feel great, for being 61 years old.

I can do (help) with flooring jobs with the younger guys, I can weld and fabricate crawling around on the floor if needed, and my nights sleep is way better from not waking from joint pains.

But the best for me, I was really starting to have a hard time trying flies on my tippets, even bought a knot maker, but that goes along for the walk now, as I do not need it.

I know everyone wanted weed fixes, weed helped with the uncomfortable feeling, but Vitamin D3, is my personal joint savior.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The other day I was having terrible back pain. I have a bunch of back problems and normally I'm in some degree of pain. But this day it was too much. I wanted to just be as high as possible but didn't have any edibles or tinctures. I tossed a couple grams of mad berry in the oven and decarbed for an hour. Instead of going any further I just tossed the broken up bud in some ginger tea and knocked it back.

After an hour my pain melted away and I proceeded to get way way too high. I spent the next two hours on the couch and was not in pain for the rest of the day.

Not ideal but it worked quick in a pinch.

• Like 8

That is what I tell patients who don't want to spend the money on medibles, decarb it and cap it up.

I wanted to add, on the balms, if you add essential oils geared toward what you are treating, really bumps up the effectiveness. Lavender, black pepper oil, arnica, cinnamon, cloves, to name a few.

• Like 5

All very interesting stuff guys and gals. I'm in ghe same boat as the rest of you. 62 years old and getting it popping up and a few places worse than it has been. I've had some pretty seious injuries through the years and now those areas are starting to get it.

I need to start concentrating on some relief, too.

@webe, that's interesting about the vitamin D and it may have just answered my questions about my own arthritis in my hands and knees. That makes sense in that we get a lot of our vitamin D from sunlight. We get less sunlight in the winter. My arthritis has slowly been getting worse over the last month or so.

Guess what I haven't been doing for the last month or so? Spending a lot of time outside, like I would normally be doing in the summer. I couldn't make sense of why my hand had started flaring up and hurting more every day for the last couple of months.

Vitamin D also helps with seasonal depression (SAD). Exact same reason. They put light boxes in front of extreme cases during the winter.

@webe, can you recommend a regiment to get started on it? Like a type or brand, or whether it matters. Maybe a good dose to work with?

@Garden, I need to start reading your stuff about making topicals and edibles. I really need a way to treat the symptoms when it does flare up.

I know doctors have always told me that arthritis will actually get worse when you aren't doing much. Staying active is actually better for it. Maybe that correlates with going outside more, too?

All I know, is it's here, and I doubt it gets better with age. Better learn how to deal with it now.

Thanks for the thread!

peace

mrG

• Like 3

I take B-12 and VD shots twice a month.....

they have helped a lot but my hands, having problems still.

I made some shatter out of all saxos purps..I used 190 proof .I got it at my local abc store..

it is still curing.looks black and shiny.what makes it get so shiny anyway??

• Like 2

Hey MrG,

I once believed, as a doctor once told me outright, vitamins and supplements just make colorful pee.

Then there was silly nonsense that getting to much vitamin D was harmful.

So for us we had to claw our way through numerous manufacturers of vitamins and supplements, and like any industry, some are great and some are ok and some are charlatans.

We also crossed off any sellers that do not have an archive of studies, so I can NOT believe their words and go find their lies.

We learned of Life Extensions from a lady that survived a stage 4 cancer evaluation, "go home get your affairs in order, your leaving in a few months at best", when she was 50 years old.

She is now 65, and full of life, and she also turned us on to the information she got at the:https://hippocratesinst.org/ as that is where she choose to go to fight death to the end......death lost.

That was how I started to grow sprouts, mostly black oil sunflower seeds, but many others also, from their information.

When she told us she found a great vitamin and supplement maker, we jumped on it, Life Extensions out of Florida.

They have an intense archive.

They constantly seek better value for their customers, and when I was uninsured, I could get GREAT rates for blood tests, in fact FAR FAR cheaper blood tests then my wife could insured.

We have been members there since 2002 or so.

MrG,

My list is this: V-D3 5000 IU's a day, we did 10,000 until our levels got half way replenished.

Super Omega 3 2 caps a day

Magnesium 2 caps a day

Folic acid 1 a day

High Potency Multivitamin & Mineral support 2 tablets a day.

Black Cumin Seed Oil with Bio-Curcumin

Bio Active Complete B-Complex

Melatonin (only at night) if needed, but's still good brain food even if you do not need a sleep aid.

If I feel like something is trying to brew, I mass dose V-C, zinc, and drink lots and lots of water.

Honestly, I've had some sniffles for a day or 2, but in the last 8-10 years I can not remember being,* OMG sick on my ass, type of sick*.

Maybe it's luck, a better diet, I dropped alcohol use by 90% or so, but we both know it was the inclusion of vitamins and supplements for us anyway, as we watched and recorded with blood tests and we do keep them as files for ourselves.

AND the wife's list has some of the same things as I take but a ladies bodies need a few other items for them.

Best to you all!!

Do not rely on the health careless system that is in place now, be proactive, read, plan your change and jump on it like your life depends on it!!

I'm not saying every doctor out there is bad, but once you know how lacking we are as humans for something so simple and cheap like V-D, and your doc, popoohs that, RUN FOREST, RUN!!!

• Like 2

Everyone thank you for all the advice

I do agree that not all doctors are quacks

And being pro active is the key

I do take vitamins but I do need to beef things up

Currently I take a multi ,d3 ,b12 complex

Must adjust the levels

Gardenartist thanks again when my next batch of oil is done I will need some advice on dosage and a few recipes ( I do love the sweet stuff) and I well pic your brain in the emu creams infusion

I plan to make more edibles with more of a cbd influence

Peace

Thanks again

Papalag

• Like 2

....and, then I'll pick your brain Paps! heh.

Webe, thank you. I may PM you sometime if I need any clarification. I'd love to go and read some of that stuff. Your friend is blessed.

More and more, mostly because I've moved all over the country during my adult years, I have found that doctors only do what pharma companies tell them. It's out of control. With the internet, the patients are armed with a lot of good info, often more than the doctors have time to read up on.

I've been lucky here. I have a new doctor and she is great. I told her right off the bat that was proactive and expected to be treated that way. She is so cool. She agrees with every thing that is important to me. This complete hospital system seems to have that philosophy. They have a young executive staff as well as chief of staff to the surgeons/doctors. (it's a small town hospital, but the only one for 80 miles) I've already have an umbilical hernia surgery here and they are great here. We need more forward thinking places like this. The old way is made for the doctors and big pharma. people are onto it these days.

peace

mrG

• Like 1

I wish well for you all.

I also strongly agree there are some smashing great folks in medicine!!

Sincerely webe

Anytime MrG. feel free to.

• Like 2

I have an appointment with my primary in a month. I'll ask what she thinks. I had a blood work up a couple months back and she went over each one line by line. Don't remember D coming up, but I think that was back when I was in the sun every day. I'm interested in this. Can't hurt I imagine. As long as I monitor it. In the spring, I can't stray indoors. I've always been that way. If it's sunny, I need to be out.

Thanks again, man.

peace

mrG

I'm interested, because I only have one very bad spot atm, but it has flared up and not really going away so much this time. I've been inside a lot the last two months, more than normal, mostly because of early winter. So, I just wonder if it might help. I really don't think I would need it in summer as much as I'm in the sun. You really get a lot from the sun.

peace

mrG

• Like 1

Heck yea, try it, might help you :)

I'll be bugging you soon to figure out how to make my own tinctures and edibles. I'll have extra bud eventually and I really want to turn it into rosin, oils/butters, and anything that I can use differently than smoking. I love smoking, but sometimes it's inconvenient, even here in Colorado. And, I travel out of state on occasion to work. I try and have a vape for those trips, at least in the cab of the truck. I keep anything else hidden.