•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Papalag

Arthritis sufferers what do you recommend

I wish I could introduce you to the girl that owns and runs the Earth Farm. Her place and what she does with kids is a perfect model for adults but geared towards natural remedies, healing, and teaching others. Not to mention the retreat/relaxation component of it all. She gets free help every summer as people come and intern on her place and work for the experience... The area where I'm at is on the edge of the part of the country not being served with cannabis and todays natural ways. And, they have the money, and they are the ones who could benefit the most... 

Sign of the times. No time like the present!

• Like 1

ooops, yeah, sorry Paps... I thought we were in the Stoned Ramblings Thread... go figure.  That's the way I was acting, lol. 

You'll need to come out too Pap's, or man the East Coast Headquarters in charge of marketing...... 

We be smoking pot.. you know how we get... you can go over and run naked through my thread if you want... I'll go open it up and blow the dust out.  :P

peace

• Haha 2

I have had issues  with joint pain mostly in my hands, and found Tart Cherry Juice to help me over the long term. When I read in here someone is diabetic, I can vouch for the Olive Oil help, for not only joints, but I gave a bottle of infused olive oil to a lady with Chrons as she has tried every other idea other there, the olive oil fixed her right up. A simple 7 gram to 10 grams per quart of good quality oil simmered at 100F for a couple of hours, I do not strain mine anymore. Mix up a bit Of Braggs Apple Vinegar, with some for a fine salad oil. I do not cook with it but I do add some at the end of cooking for it's goodies.  I'm going to simmer some with turmeric and Ginger roots to gather up some more goodies into it.

Review suggests nutraceuticals as “cutting edge answer” to arthritis

MReview suggests nutraceuticals as “cutting edge answer” to arthritisNovember 30, 2018. A review appearing in the November 18, 2018 issue of the World Journal of Orthopedics summarizes evidence in support of nutritional supplements in the treatment of osteoarthritis. According to the authors, 47% of those who have osteoarthritis use complementary medicines that include nutraceuticals, which have gained popularity due to their easy availability.

“The chronic nature of osteoarthritis implies the use of pharmacological compounds with proven long-term safety, especially because current treatments like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and analgesics improve pain relief but have no effect on degenerative progression and can also cause serious side effects,” they note.

While many foods and supplements may be helpful, the review focused on olive oil, vitamin D, curcumin, sanguinarine, and carnosic acid, a compound occurring in sage and rosemary.

Olive oil decreases pro-inflammatory cytokine release and increases the synthesis of lubricin, a protein that lubricates joint cartilage. Olive leaf extract has been shown to stimulate the synthesis of hyaluronic acid, which also is involved in joint lubrication.

Curcumin not only has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, but its metabolite tetrahydrocurcumin may improve glucose tolerance, thereby lowering the formation of damaging advanced glycation end products.

Vitamin D has been found to be diminished in the serum of osteoarthritis patients. Research suggests that vitamin D deficiency is involved in the development of the disease.

Sanguinarine from Sanguinaria canadensis (bloodroot), was shown in experimental research to slow the progression of osteoarthritis induced in mice.

Carnosic acid induces upregulation of heme oxygenase-1, whose expression has been associated with cartilage preservation. For this reason, rosemary extract may be helpful.

“These molecules, considered as natural dietary supplements, appear like a cutting-edge answer to this tough health problem,” the authors remark.

“It is worth noting that a common positive element of all these molecules is their availability in nature, which represents a huge advantage for food and pharmaceutical industries, and their low side effects, allowing for a broad range of safe uses for the derived products,” they concluded.

—D Dye

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very good stuff, @Webeblzer! Makes me want to head to the health food store for a few items! As I sit here with some arthritis flaring up at my thumb joint on my hand.....

peace

I make and use an ointment for arthritis in my fingers. I've used it for a few years now and it gives good relief. 

First I infuse some olive oil with some bud. Then I add several drops of turmeric essential oil and some bees wax to thicken. Apply in the morning and evening for best results.

• Like 2

They didn't mention boswellia acid :) It is a powerhorse for arthritis

There are some pretty cool essential oils out here, one is capsaicin, or pepper oil. If you experiment around there are cooling and warming eos to add to balms as well. The balm I make with 20 eos in it, Pap think you have some, patient swears if you put it in fridge, the cold first takes the pain away, then the balm goes further.

Balms help tremendously. My believe is by eating cannabis, you halt the progression of it. If we can do that, half the battle won. So eat, eat, eat along with using balms and smoking :)

• Like 1

I ate some the other day and took about 20mg of CBD along with it. I did pretty good. Any more and I would have been napping, but I hit it just right. I did about half of the oil that I was taking at night.

Does your body adjust to eating it, to where you don't get tired so much, or is it just finding the right dose? Thanks! peace

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

I ate some the other day and took about 20mg of CBD along with it. I did pretty good. Any more and I would have been napping, but I hit it just right. I did about half of the oil that I was taking at night.

Does your body adjust to eating it, to where you don't get tired so much, or is it just finding the right dose? Thanks! peace

Yes it does, you grow a tolerance to it, but at first, just cut your dose some more, until you find the sweet spot where it gives you relief without putting you to the point of being sleepy. I'd cut in half one more time, you might need to add a touch, but cut it one more time and try that size dose.

I always suggest going to a small dose, then each time add a bit more, then you can find your sweet spot much easier. Say you use 25mg at first, if not enough bump it up 5 to 10mg, try that each time until you hit your sweet spot.

• Like 1

Yep that is about right :) One small line on a one gram syringe is about 15mg. You have the big ole syringe though lol so yep about the size of a big match head :)

• Like 1

I agree, about how cool it is that Paps got relief. . I think we should all, collectively as OG, discover the newest cannabis breakthroughs in curing disease. Then we could all say, "that's cool". 

All joking aside, I swear, I feel as if there are still breakthroughs yet to be discovered, relating to cannabis, and who better to stumble onto them than people who "live" pot. In the 60's and 70's those guys were discovering and inventing strains. In our age, maybe we could discover the next big cure. Terpenes. We gotta get busy. We play with more terpenes in a year than anyone. lol... seriously. 

peace

• Like 1

That has been my mission for years, get all eating it, and finding better ways to treat ailments, get us all on the bandwagon. Come on with those medical breeds lol

• Like 1

There was also an article in that Maximum Yield mag a few months ago touting the benefits of eating raw cannabis, like the fresh buds. No psychoactive properties but it has more minerals and nutrients than about anything out there. They say it is a new super food. Go figure. If you go read that other article look up eating raw weed. I may have it bookmarked. peace