•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Mr Goodfellow

Good source for black and white poly?

I figured I might as well ask the force. It seems from looking on the internet the prices don't vary much. ~$80 -$90 'ish for a 10 x 100 foot roll.

I may have a friend who could order it for me. He's part owner of a shop and gets discounts since they are opening a grow operation as soon as the permits get approved. Rather not go that route.

Looking for a 10 x 50' roll I guess. I could use a 100' roll but can't spring for that price atm.

Can you buy a roll that is white on both sides? Would it be cheaper? Maybe the black is needed to get the good reflection from the white side.

Well, if you have any insane inside tip, I'll listen. Thx

peAce

mrG

Can you buy a roll that is white on both sides? Would it be cheaper?

Hi mrG,

here in Europe youn can buy poly film white/white, but surprise it´s more expensive than white/black.

• Like 1

That is a 5 mil. Ain't that the truth, I"ve always used lecithin in my edibles, a large container was like 11, I saw they are making oil with lecithin now, and the price went up 6 bucks a container, coincidence? me think not

• Like 1

I figured I might as well ask the force. It seems from looking on the internet the prices don't vary much. ~$80 -$90 'ish for a 10 x 100 foot roll.

I may have a friend who could order it for me. He's part owner of a shop and gets discounts since they are opening a grow operation as soon as the permits get approved. Rather not go that route.

Looking for a 10 x 50' roll I guess. I could use a 100' roll but can't spring for that price atm.

Can you buy a roll that is white on both sides? Would it be cheaper? Maybe the black is needed to get the good reflection from the white side.

Well, if you have any insane inside tip, I'll listen. Thx

peAce

mrG

id price compare ebay and amazon.

Hey everybody, I ended up buying it from our local grow supplier. They gave me a really fair deal, I figure, since I had no shipping. Seems like I paid $68 + tax for a 10 x 100 foot roll. That was about the cheapest I had seen in all of my googling and it was local and no ship cost. So, I'm happy.

It just so happens, I'm hanging it now. :tu

Thanks for the help everybody.

PeAce

mrG . :wave:

• Like 3

Glad you got it from a local source. It's hard for grow shops to compete with the internet. We had one in my town for a while, but closed up in this fall. Prices were outrageous. Pretty much anything in the store was 25% more then the Internet after shipping. Small Shops have a hard time buying much cheaper than we can plus they got to pay bills and wages. I always try and support local, but got to do right for my wallet first.

Come to think of it, he never pushed a sale and would tell me where on the web to buy cheap....and said he was mostly there for people who needed stuff immediately. Maybe his shop was how he laundered the money from his grows...

• Like 4

Mr Goodfellow,

growers use white foil to reflect the light.

manufacturers make the other side black because this poli material cant reflect all light..

• Like 1

Maybe his shop was how he laundered the money from his grows...

Most of the growshops have that 'hidden' agenda. That's probably why they never show us what's on the attic. :D

@justcozz, the grow supply here is mostly for commercial growers. I buy from them only when they have something on sale or closeout or when I want it right away. We have a lot of grow ops around the area. That same roll used to be closer to $100 if I remember right. It's why I didn't have any.

@Hidronesia, I haven't seen the white foil. I figured that black was for that reason, to help the white reflect better. I was able to cut and use one long 25 foot piece to wrap the whole area. That way, I can use it again in another area. I didn't want to cut into a lot of little pieces. I'll have to look for that foil.

peAce

mrG

I would love to buy all locally, and I live in a big city, I can't find half of what I need in this city. It is crazy to me to live in such a large city and not have all supplies needed, and half the time I can find it much cheaper on the web. I would much rather buy it local, cash in hand, no paper trail of what I am doing.

That one on Amazon, if you have prime was 60 bucks. That is a good price for local Mr. G.

• Like 1

These guys here used to make me crazy. They just wouldn't deal. I was in one day after I first moved here and was looking around and asked about some prices. The girl tells me I can find all those prices online. I thought, with more more click I can have it mailed to my house and not have to buy crap from you...

Their bread and butter is in commercial. They're getting a little better. They do let you accumulate points for a 25% off anything after you reach the limit. And, They work with me now and then on certain things.

We have another one who is not even close to the inventory but they can order for you. It was an old time nursery and they just added some grow stuff. They will have sales on things often and somethings are always cheaper there.

I like being able to buy it right away and supporting local, but they just can't beat the internet for the individual. I always try here first. Some things I know they won't deal on, like lights and hardware. Then it's to the net.

Peace

mrG

Same thing with my local nursery, they just started getting some grow stuff in.....$25 for a bottle of PH down...$39 for .75cuft of perlite...any nutes are at least 50% more then a big box store. Your wallet literally gets lighter just by walking through the door.

I'm 100 miles away from the nearest city, so we get robbed at pretty much any local store we go in to.

• Like 1

Same here. 80 miles to the next mini city, 200 to a big one. I wonder if the store here is starting to do so good with commercial sales that they're starting to cater a little more to the home grower. Like I said, no breaks on lights or big hardware. At least not close to the internet.

peAce

mrG