•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Mr Goodfellow

Blues on Sunday, a sort of tradition for me

I have a favorite Blues show that I try and listen to every Sunday. It's been going for years. it's on a favorite station of mine back home. It's online and they always have a good show. It goes for about four hours. (If you ever want to catch it, it's 92 Zew. I listen to it via TuneIn but they also have an app or listen from their website.) It's a great station overall, but I love their blues show.

So, i try and listen every Sunday if I can.

Today I heard a great tune with Buddy Guy and Santana today that really killed it. And now, since I'm inspired, I want to share a few tunes for the new Sundays blues thread... don't know if I'll add to it again, but I'm high now and it sounds cool.

I thought I'd post a few good ones to get started. Great guitar picks here. First one is just Buddy Guy himself. The next two are with Santana and blow me away.

Buddy Guy

Budy Guy with Carlos Santana

Budy Guy with Carlos Santana

Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughn

As always, best with good speakers or headphones, but anyway is better than nothing! ENJOY!!

I love the blues!!

Feel free to post your own.

Sunday is kick back, do what ever around the house, day, and I crank the blues!! Hope you agree.

Peace

mrG

• Like 7

Mr g

Now your talkin

Some muddy waters , James cotton either Chicago style or delta blues I’m in bro

If your talkin buddy guy don’t forget Jr wells messin with the kid

Peace

• Like 3

The radio station I mentioned has a wonderful blues show every Sunday. There will always be some Jeff Beck on, and pretty much all those bringing the blues to the forefront in the late 60's and 70's. Some days can be a little better than others but it's been going for 13 years or more.

If you're farting around on a Sunday and want something to keep some pep in your step, try them out. It's from the Gulf coast around Mobile Bay. Kind of interesting. http://92zew.net/ ... you can listen to blues 24/7 from this site from the Menu bar >Listen Live>92 Blues. I like them on a dedicated app like TuneIn (which I love/hate) because it seems to give a better signal.

The station is good even on a bad day, too, so they're fun to listen to anytime. Lots of new music and big time into the deep south music scene.

peAce

mrG

• Like 1

Andy Kirk & Mary Lou Williams - What's your story, morning glory

Tried to remember this song took a few days heard it on the radio really enjoyed made me laugh

• Like 1

The 92 Blues show will be on their station at 2pm Eastern Time! They have a jazz show on befofre the blues, that can be really good sometime. It's frustrating because the DJ has

You can get he station on TuneIn or directly from their app or website. I think I was getting a bette sound on the TuneIn app. I don't care for it because of the ads, but it's okay during the blues show.

Google 92 Zew, Mobile, Alabama. Or search it on TuneIn.

peace

mrG

I will have to check it out today.....pop some chocolate, and kick it to some blues...

• Like 1

I'll have it on. I'm listening to the jazz, now. It's ok. The DJ has a voice problem and the music goes into a whisper for him, then if you turn it up a commercial kicks in at higher than normal, and it drives me crazy. Now I just leave it. I hear the music but not the DJ. He's been there for years and has a non threatening condition that is killing his voice, so they let him carry on. Today even the music is low. I can get a good volume on it.

Anyway, the Blues Show aint like that. 2PM est. Hard to say what it'll be like today. They may try and turn it into a Christmas blues show. Hope not because the two don't mix. I doubt it.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Missed out on the show. Was pretty busy outside moving snow. Damn I hate winter. Oh well, I will try again next Sunday. Good day and Marry Christmas

It was pretty good actually. I didn't know there were so many Christmas blues songs but there are, lol. Better than I expected.

It's a really cool station anytime. It's real big on promoting new music and I like it most any day. They put on acoustic shows, and live shows on occasion.

Merry Christmas!

peace

mrG

• Like 1

Here's a very soulful and bluesy gentleman named John Nemeth and one hell of a harp player as well. His bands are John Nemeth and the Blue Dreamers and also The Love Light Orchestra. After seeing him a bunch of times my brother and I have friended him and his band. He's a cool head and loves the homegrown we have! Merry Christmas and enjoy!

• Like 2

That guy is really good. I found out about him about 5 months ago. I'll check out those links. I was listening to him a good bit when I found him. Thanks!

Merry Christmas!

peAce

mrG

• Like 1

Great thread.

I have a great love of blues... I listen to many different types of music, but it's the blues that feeds my soul.

I've listened to many different blues stations in the past, but these days I listen to my SRV, Muddy Waters or Chris Beard station on Pandora... usually on my Android connected to a Bluetooth speaker and turned up. My neighbors don't mind hearing the blues coming from my house/backyard... it's relaxing.

YouTube is another go-to for me... if it's ever been recorded, you'll find it on YouTube! I like all the rare and live recorded concerts that can be found with a little digging... some true gems from some of your favorites that you never knew existed. Pretty cool!

I also find that my plants seem to lIke the vibrations that the blues has to offer... the blues are a win-win for plant and man alike.

Here's to a great holiday season! I've got some Gary Moore playing in the background as I type... such soulful guitar, fitting for the day.

Gary Moore smokes!!

Check out that station on Sundays 2-6 cst. They have a lively blues show and only 90 miles from New Orleans. That deep south area is a hot bed of new and old music. They play a lot of Gary Moore.

Merry Christmas bro and peace

mrG

Here's a very soulful and bluesy gentleman named John Nemeth and one hell of a harp player as well. His bands are John Nemeth and the Blue Dreamers and also The Love Light Orchestra. After seeing him a bunch of times my brother and I have friended him and his band. He's a cool head and loves the homegrown we have! Merry Christmas and enjoy!

Ha, that second one, Feelin Freaky is the first one I heard that just got stuck in my head. I love that guy.

nice bro. Add all you care to. The blues rules!

peac

e

mrG

• Like 1

Damn, forgot how much I needed to hear that! Great selections man. Comes from near my neck of the woods. "I wish I was home" reminds me of Otis Redding...

Oh yeah, good grease for my canna butter experiment.

peace

mr/g

Need a little JJ Cale to finish off the night. Merry Christmas for the last time this year!

"Boilin' Pot"

Ah, crap, gotta hit the second track for Boilin pot. Whole album is one of my favorites.

Listened to the Jimmy Rogers All Stars album which included Stephen Stills, Mick Jagger, Clapton, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and others, plus Jimmy Rogers himself!!! Enjoyed it so much as always, I figured I spread the joy!

This Gonna Shoot Your Right Down/ Boom Boom , with Clapton,Plant, and Page.

• Like 2

Might have to put that album on in a while to help me finish the grow room. Gonna grab some soup and biscuits in a few and then I'll listen to it. It can't be bad with that crew, damn. I listened to a little of that link. It has that North Mississippi hill county beat.

Anyway, I'll put it on in a bit, thanks!

peace

mrG

Some smooth beat to wake up with... or get down with...

"what kind of woman is this" Buddy Guy .

Love this beat.

Peace

mrG

• Like 1

Well it's Sunday so get your blues on. For those not tuning in to 92 Blues Show here's a real treat from the early 70's. Some kick ass souther rockin blues by the Allman Brothers Band. Turn this shit up as loud as you can stand it. The double drums in this band kill it in this song. Fucking awesome! Mean Woman Blues

If you want you can check out the Zew for the Sunday Blues do it here. http://92zew.net/ They're kickin ass today. Playing a lot of white boy blues today so far, like 70's stuff.. Clapton, Stevie Ray, Alvin Lee and Ten Years After.....

Here's on I hadn't heard in a long time and love the odd guitar riffs in the middle. But, it'll get you goin. I can't remember if he had two drummers on this song but it sounds like it. Loud I said, LOUD! . Elvin Bishop, I'm Struttin my Stuff, y'all

• Like 2