•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

RooftopStoner

Jackberry (reg.) - 600W - Organic

Hello O.G.’s

It’s been a while and it feels amazing to be back! Today is a good day. Why? Because today 8 of my 10 regular Jackberries seedlings reached the light of day. The remaining two will probably sprout later today or tomorrow. Very excited!

The seeds were in my refrigerator for nearly a year. I soaked them in regular tap water for around 24 hours, placed them into Eazy Plugs inside a propagator at 80-100% RH / 20-26C and 3 days later 8/10 are ready for action.

I will be using BioBizz soil along with Better Organix nutrients. I might mix the soil with some coco just to try something new. Also I will be using root pouches, since I had 2 successful grows with them already and dont see a reason to go back to pots.

This round I am using regular seeds and want to make a selection because I expect to find some beautiful phenos between the 10 Jackberries. I have tried the Madberry and was satisfied in all aspects so I am even more excited about the Jackberry. I have a question for you guys though:

What is the most efficient way to separate the males from the females?

As of now, the only way I see to do it is the following. Veg all plants until they are big enough for flower. Up-pot all plants into end-size pots and throw away the males as soon as first signs of flower appear. This would mean that I would waste around half of the soil. Is there a better way? Like up-potting after I know what sex the plants are? But that would mean that I’m transplanting in flower and maybe the plants will not produce so many roots anymore? Any ideas? I am OK with doing it the way I described if it’s the best way but I am open for ideas.

Thanks in advance!!

Oh, I almost forgot the most important part! The picture.. Here it is.. Cute little babies :)

gallery_16664_6137_1112630.jpg

I wish you all happy holidays and a merry Christmas to you, your family and close ones <3

Best regards

RTS

• Like 5

Hi RooftopStoner, I've got some Jackberry about to go too. I can't wait.

In my experience if a plant is ready to flower it will have shown pre-flowers. I just check those pre-flowers to determine sex. -cheers

• Like 1

Hey Stoner :wave:

I would treat them all like they will be girls.

You can clone them all until they show their sex.

The soil left from the males can be used for the female clones.

I hope You get plenty of girls.

• Like 1

Good te see you are going to do a small selection !

I am very happy with the way of sexing like it was showed in the follow TOPIC

greetz sannie

• Like 1

Thanks for contributing, people! :) Today I transplanted 8 cute little baby plants into 0.6L pots. One seed didnt sprout and one seedling had no leaves - just a white stem.

I used BioBizz Light Mix and added some myco, some bacteria and some humic acid stuff.

I think I will take my time and leave the plants in the small pots until they show pre-flowers so I can get rid of the males and keep the girls.

Some pictures for you guys and gals:

gallery_16664_6137_751960.jpg

gallery_16664_6137_1421809.jpg

I have some alleged core cuts inside the tent but I dont think its the original as the leaves are too wide.

• Like 3

Looking great dude!

It probably depends on your soil and environment, but I would put them all in minimum 2 L pots for sexing personally. You may find the pots you're in restrict their growth if you wait for them to show sex before up-potting, but if all goes smoothly it'll probably be fine.

One of my two Jackberry phenos was probably my all-time favourite plant effects-wise. Wish I could have some to compare with Anesthesia, 'cos I think it's similar but sliiightly more satty. Definitely keen to buy more Jackberry seeds and try the Madberry in the future :D

• Like 1

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting so long. I am quite busy at the moment but finally I got through to making some more pictures.

I have transplanted the alleged Amnesia Core Cuts into 12L root pouches.

I had the feeling the small pots actually restricted their growth and especially their health a lot. Also have the same feeling with the jackberries now. So Roodni, I feel you are right about the small pots. The Jackberries are in 0.6L pots and they are already rooted to the max. I have 3.5L pots so I will transplant to them. Maybe tomorrow, we'll see.

The sachets you are seeing are ambleysius. I got a small thrips problem but I feel its under control.

Now to the interesting part: The pictures

Some mycorrhiza

gallery_16664_6137_1379864.jpg

Rootball insanity (fake amnesia core cut)

gallery_16664_6137_252377.jpg

La familia

gallery_16664_6137_468918.jpg

gallery_16664_6137_2045263.jpg

gallery_16664_6137_298459.jpg

gallery_16664_6137_957411.jpg

• Like 3

Hi RTS

Great family photo the ladies look healthy and happy

Paps

Hello OG's,

first of all: sorry that I have discontinued this thread. I lot was happening in my life and there were many challenges with this grow.

Right now I have 4 Jackberries, 1 Somango, and the 5 fake core cuts in flower. It is currently day 48.

The plants are not really healthy but I hope to finish this grow and look forward to the end... I will upload some pictures later on.

Next grow will be organized way better.

Best regards

RTS

• Like 1