•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

gardenartus

Tinctures with a little added umph

There is a tut in here I believe of the new tincture I had made with CBD, turmeric, black pepper. I have added Frankincense to this one.

My night tincture I had made the same, with the turmeric and black pepper. I now added passionflower and scullcap to it.

There are many herbs that are synergistic, and as they work and bump up other herbs effectiveness, it also does cannabis. Certain herbs make cannabis more bio available. Combining some herbs with cannabis, makes the cannabis more effective and you can actually use less of cannabis, to get the same effect.

This has made a difference in the feel of the tinctures. Frankincense is calming but also has a nice pain management, works very well for arthritis. I could feel the pain relief increase with the use of Frank. The night time tincture totally calms, relaxes, makes you feel like jello lol in a good way. Might want to look in to other herbs adding to your cannabis treatment to give more benefit to what you are treating.

• Like 6

That sounds awesome. Care to share your recipe? Cbd with a little thc makes me feel like jello for sure!

• Like 3

I am going to do it differently next time, make it a lot easier and infuse the passionflower and skullcap into MCT oil, then add cannabis oil to it.

What I did was made up the night tincture as usual, by cooking it with lecithin and black pepper, then I added a bit more liquid to infuse the other herbs, bringing the potency of the tincture down a bit. So next time I will change up and do the way I just mentioned.

This is the night tincture made with indica.

I used 7 grams of decarbed bud ( 40mg to each ml)

1 ounce MCT oil

1 Tablespoon Turmeric

1 1/2 teaspoon ground black peppercorns.

This amount at first seems way to much herb, but after about an hour, it all breaks down and oil barely covers herb. I use a flat potato masher and it really works well for this. You might even want to grind your cannabis for this.

I used a double boiler and had it set for 180. I held this for 6 hours, then strained.

When adding the herbs I had to add 2 ounces of MCT oil, added 2 ounces of passionflower and 1 ounce of skull cap, in the double boiler, at about 165 for 6 hours. This was to the main batch. For each ounce it would be about 1/2 oz passionflower and 1/4 of skull cap.

If you want to skip the last herbs and just make about 40mg per ml tincture, follow first part of directions, and skip the last adding in other herbs.

As you can see, would be much easier if I infuse the passionflower and skull cap, with black pepper and lecithin, then add in Cannabis oil. That way I can control the dosage of the cannabis much easier and more accurately.

CBD, for day, I do about the same, Decarbing CBD, it has to go for an extra hour.

I add 6 grams CBD bud and 1.5 grams Sativa to one ounce of MCT Oil (20mg CBD with 5mg sativa per ml, the sativa is lower in potency as is the CBD)

to the same ratio of turmeric and black pepper

With the frankincense I can actually add it right to the tincture when making it. I used 1 ounce for 4 ounces of MCT Oil.

I ground the frank up with a mortal and pestle, you have to scar it to ready it for infusion.

Cook time same, 180f, then strain.

• Like 5

Never heard of MCT oil, does that do a better job of extraction or it's just healthier?

Or absorbs into the system better?

Thanks

• Like 2

How do you get one ounce of oil to completed cover 7 grams of herb. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like that little oil wouldn't saturate the bud and absorb all the THC.

Edit, went back and reread...and saw the answer.

Do you think vacuum sealing the bud and oil and tossing it in a slow cooker full of water would work?

Like "RONKO" I want to set it and forget it...lol

• Like 2

lol RONKO yep, I think so, I am gonna try it in the ball canner, but not sure if the temp goes high enough. I might have to do it on the stove to get the temp high enough. Hempy would know for sure :)

I don't think washing it made enough difference to do that again, but I do think decarbing in the wet state, such as using water proof pouch, will give the least amount of taste, compared to doing it in the oven.

That amount barely covers it :) That flat potato masher plays a big role in doing it. Once decarbed, the herb just crumbles, makes it easier to cover with oil. The turmeric seems to cause more liquid?

• Like 4

Got feedback today and both are a hit :) For one I have to increase the dosage a bit, so will add cannabis oil to their treatment. Tickled! :)

• Like 1

Never heard of MCT oil, does that do a better job of extraction or it's just healthier?

Or absorbs into the system better?

Thanks

I hadn't seen this, MCT Oil is coconut oil, there is controversy rather it or coconut oil is healthier. Being sold for health and energy, and weight loss. I believe it is the lauric acid removed from coconut oil, this allows it to stay liquid. I use it because of high fat and it stays liquid. I prefer this over alcohol or glycerin, although not a true tincture, neither is glycerin, believe it is called gylcerite, and this would be called an infusion, I just call it tincture because it is liquid. Alcohol strips more trichs, glycerin not as well, high fats are close to alcohol.

Cannabis is suppose to absorb easier in our bodies with the use of coconut oil. For me it seems a better health alternative to alcohol or glycerin.

• Like 2

BTW, glycerin does not pull green, honey does not either. It also does not pull as many cannabinoids, you must stir it continually to break the barrier glycerin forms. What I do is add a splash or two of alcohol to the tincture. I cook it low and slow for 4 days, the last day I leave the lid off the ball jar and let the alcohol evape. Once bottled up I put in a sonic cleaner for 15 minutes. I end up with a more potent tincture then with just glycerin, without the green of the alcohol.

• Like 3

Good stuff Garden. I want to go down this road. I The lady that lived here before me has herbs growing all over and she has many jarred up. I want to get a book that I can keep for quick reference and nightly reading. I need to learn this more. I'm wanting to errect a greenhouse to start with herbs and go from there.

PeAce

mrG

Happy New Year everybody!!

• Like 2

I am on the same path. I study herbs, essential oils all the time, and have a few books on essential oils, but I want to go more the herbal route. Would love some good Old books on alchemy of herbs. I would love an old sorcery book lol

I would be so tickled to try to figure out and work with those herbs that lady jarred up, how fun is that!

• Like 2

Alrighty, I am gonna call my new THC indica tincture with the passionflower and skullcap, Liquid Xanax ha ha that is what it feels like

• Like 4

Alrighty, I am gonna call my new THC indica tincture with the passionflower and skullcap, Liquid Xanax ha ha that is what it feels like

Sweeeeet, that's awesome

RECIPE??? ha.. old people like to relax. it's hard to naturally unless you live on a mountaintop. I need all the arsenal I can get as sometimes some do better than others. NIce to be able to mix things up.

Is that the recipe above? I have some Indica/Indica dom coming along now. Sounds great though.

peace

mrG

• Like 2

Yea, but this is a true PIA to do it that way lol. I am going to start a new batch, infuse the skullcap, passionflower, and add turmeric and black pepper, then I will add cannabis oil. I can be more accurate and not be so much "busy" work on this. I can then store the bulk tincture in the fridge without the cannabis oil, and customize dose to each patient.

• Like 1

On December 29, 2017 at 6:39 PM, gardenartus said:

I am going to do it differently next time, make it a lot easier and infuse the passionflower and skullcap into MCT oil, then add cannabis oil to it.

What I did was made up the night tincture as usual, by cooking it with lecithin and black pepper, then I added a bit more liquid to infuse the other herbs, bringing the potency of the tincture down a bit. So next time I will change up and do the way I just mentioned.

This is the night tincture made with indica.

I used 7 grams of decarbed bud ( 40mg to each ml)

1 ounce MCT oil

1 Tablespoon Turmeric

1 1/2 teaspoon ground black peppercorns.

This amount at first seems way to much herb, but after about an hour, it all breaks down and oil barely covers herb. I use a flat potato masher and it really works well for this. You might even want to grind your cannabis for this.

I used a double boiler and had it set for 180. I held this for 6 hours, then strained.

When adding the herbs I had to add 2 ounces of MCT oil, added 2 ounces of passionflower and 1 ounce of skull cap, in the double boiler, at about 165 for 6 hours. This was to the main batch. For each ounce it would be about 1/2 oz passionflower and 1/4 of skull cap.

If you want to skip the last herbs and just make about 40mg per ml tincture, follow first part of directions, and skip the last adding in other herbs.

As you can see, would be much easier if I infuse the passionflower and skull cap, with black pepper and lecithin, then add in Cannabis oil. That way I can control the dosage of the cannabis much easier and more accurately.

CBD, for day, I do about the same, Decarbing CBD, it has to go for an extra hour.

I add 6 grams CBD bud and 1.5 grams Sativa to one ounce of MCT Oil (20mg CBD with 5mg sativa per ml, the sativa is lower in potency as is the CBD)

to the same ratio of turmeric and black pepper

With the frankincense I can actually add it right to the tincture when making it. I used 1 ounce for 4 ounces of MCT Oil.

I ground the frank up with a mortal and pestle, you have to scar it to ready it for infusion.

Cook time same, 180f, then strain.

Hello Gardenartus, wanted to try to infuse some frankincense and cinnamon, 1/2oz indica, in coconut oil. Where do you buy your frankincense and others? What do you think about what's in shopping cart? Thank you X 1000!!!!image.thumb.png.dd846898d3d94513d7dabec5512e3a4e.png

• Like 4

Nice going Duke! Looks like somebody is going to do it and not talk about it, like me, cough, heh. I plan on it soon. I have lots of unknowns around me atm so I may not get much of what I want, done.

Let us know when you start bro.  I'd love to see how it goes. I would love to get some done myself, along with other meds. Better to have a full arsenal to cover many situations. 

Good luck and best vibes!

peace

mrG

• Haha 1

Ooops I forgot I add a tablespoon of lecithin per ounce of MCT oil while cooking it! That makes a bit more liquid as well. Sorry about that, I use Sunflower powder :)

• Like 3

Very nice, hope it turns out killer. 

BTW, just got done making some gummies. Used the some of the last batch of infused coconut oil I made. 1oz of Sannie Jack bud to 1 cup of oil.

1/3 cup water

1 box raspberry jello (3oz)

3 packs gelatin

3 tablespoons infused coconut oil

Mix and heat until everything is dissolved. Pour into molds. Makes 22 gummies. This recipe will make the gummies perfect and won't melt sitting on a counter at 75F. 

I screwed up, and decided I wanted to store them in the fridge. I thought If I put them into a zip lock bag, they would all stick together. So I lightly coated them with sugar. They were fine, but an hour in the fridge, the cold made them sweat and they are wet and sticky. The wife says they still taste ok. Pretty strong canna taste and smell. Should have just left them out on the counter.

the wife had two gummies....4 hours later, she is still visiting the NAW boys somewhere between the moon and Jupiter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1