•           ai.php.gif

gardenartus

Tinctures with a little added umph

@Gardenartus, good fellow and justcozz and everyone on open grow Thank you thank you thank you!!! I've been reading and absorbing. Finally, I got it. Started eating oil after reading comments like good fellow, " ate some oil and slept like a champ last nite"(well it went something like that)  gardenartus, "shove it, smoke it , just start eating it!!!hempyfan's,"!enviroment ,environment environment"  your words come back loud and clear. Like a kick in da rear I yell I get it now.

i read justcozz's and gardenartus infused coconut oil threads and made a very small batch of coconut oil in a shot glass in the rice cooker! Tossed in stems,Kief,oil,flower. Just messing around. It work! Rub some on a old broken pinky toe and no more weird pain!!! WTF!!!

now it's time to stop messing around and do it right. Going to get the sous vide and goin to double bag Justcozz! Very exciting!!! Now I'm preaching to all my friends, when you goin to learn? Eat it, shove it, stuff it. 

• Like 3

hehehe We need a Love button! And we have another convert. This tickles me, my goal is for all to try this medicinally, it is like magic for so many things, and not harsh side effects. I love this!

I do a lot of these "recipes" through research and I belong to a lot of forums that give me great ideas.Some of this is just in my head lol so I forget bits and pieces at times, until I make it again. But been trying to write more down so when I share I can be more accurate and it is repeatable outcome for all, of course depends on the strains you use too. lol  I love to share and hope others find benefit like I have. I gift a lot, because I hope others find benefit and learn to do these things themselves, at home, for their own use and their loved ones. :) 

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Like 3

@Duke#1, awesome!! Now I'm late to the game. I'll get going soon. I love the fact that you can use all of that frosty trim you almost hate to cut away. It's GOLD. I just keep collecting bags of it. ha. 

Right on Duke!

Thanks @garden, we're guys, but we catch on eventually. :lol:

peace

mrG

• Haha 1

burning this one in appreciation of the open grow community! These two ducksfoot bare witness to the solidarity!

image.jpeg

• Like 1

It's done, but with an instant pot. Decarb for 40 mins on high pressure.i double bagged this and put it into ball canner. image.thumb.jpeg.ab2c823ec364c121063fe0678a939558.jpeg

unfortunatly, when I vented the steam. The smell of weed fill the air. Shite! I wanted to wait till it cooled down but panic set in and decided to vent right away. image.thumb.jpeg.abafee2263842de5bfa6f0587b9556d2.jpegsmelly vented steam fill the whole apt. When I opened it the jar was floating on its side with about a teaspoon of water in it. Took a small bong rip of it and it still got ya high. So then I stored it in the freezer for a few days to dry it out. 

image.thumb.jpeg.623319c0d06441dbd27ab0d3888ff2a4.jpeg

decide to not to put frankincense in because of the taste! And I couldn't put in capsules cus giving to mother. (I add drops into mums straw)Awful awful taste! got to read threads better.Missed the  gardenartus warning. Also kept it weak.7grams to a cup. Micro dosing!image.thumb.jpeg.39c47eb4c58edfbdf6f10440f1ad0e76.jpeg

two days on slow cook for 6 hours. It's done. Made a balm out of unrefined coconut oil and frankincense,myrrh and image.thumb.jpeg.0611db437e26c8e29a23154d52aeb311.jpegcinnamon. Happy happy.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Love it Awesome! That will make some good meds for mama. That shit taste gawd awful lol make ya puke! lol

• Thanks 1

@DukeA#1 doing quick figure, should be about 5mg droppers, or ml. :) Perfect micro dosing size. You did good.

I wonder if better way to do that so you don't stink up your apartment. Some folks do it in Turkey bags in oven, and if you don't take the bag off till room temp, they swear no smell. I use double foil wrapped, sometimes I smell it, but mine is more because it upsets my stomach then neighbors, most times I do not smell it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@ Gardenartus, 

I used sous vide bags  and the pressure cook mode was a mistake.  I believe. Gonna try ur suggestion next time. In the mean time I love combination of tinctures, smoking and balm for me. Oh! And thank you for mentioning warning of low blood pressure!!! Mumzee suffers from that. Still trying to dial in doses for mom, but she's less combative and some days just sharp with an attitude. God bless and peace be with you. Caregiving for mum just got peaceful.

• Like 4

Oh wonderful, that is so hard to take care of your loved ones when they get elderly, took care of both mine, they can be a handful with that attitude lol :

Another thing, if she takes a larger dose in the evening, be aware if she gets up to go bathroom she might be a bit unsteady. That always scares me, falling.

This medicine is perfect for the elderly, it actually makes their minds a bit more clear as well. So gentle, I think it puts them in a better mood as well, an over all better sense of well being.

• Like 3

Lol,  you know your senior citizens!  At night, we do the Peritoneal dialysis it drops her blood pressure. It's scary when her blood pressure is low. Behavior is confused to say the least. I was using product called drift away and I stopped it. Used the small batch I made and stopped it. I think i was over dosing when I gave it as tincture and then rubbed it on all her sore parts. Now, with new batch,I do both balm and tincture with confidence. There is something about micro dosing! Just sold on it now. I feel bad but live and learn. This is my siblings dog in California.image.thumb.jpeg.e470404e48b56d55a9f9ea26eff8a815.jpeg

gave him too much butter. Sorry Bandit.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DukeA#1 said:

I feel bad but live and learn

That's the way, the trial error method! I wish that your mom feels better with a lower dose, my friend.

BTW, you have a nice dog!

Greetings SiCKNeSs.

• Like 1

Nice going Duke! Big on you for trying to give your mom a better life. Prayers and vibes sent your way bro.

peace

mrG

• Thanks 1

Awww what a pretty baby, my size dog lol Oh I overdosed my dog a couple times was not pretty and made me cry I did that. He was on his last legs and it gave him a few more years life. Works great on our animals too. Have my crazy cat on it now, Mr. Mitten who sits up and watches TV lol he licks himself raw, think he is mental lol I give him THC tincture and he has his hair back now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1