Trapper's corner

organic

94 replies to this topic

#1 douglasfurtrapper

El b˙falo blanco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Interests:Organic growing, building compost, shoe gazing, getting better at everything.

Posted 30 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

Starting a general grow thread.

Got two tents going right now and a closet.
At the moment I'm growing:
OG x ECSD
OG X Pineapple Express
Big Leeks Blue Cheese
Herijuana x Shiva
Chocolate Rain Fem.

First Tent.
Posted Image

From back to front
OG x Pineapple Express Blue Cheese OG X Pineapple Express

Chocolate Rain Fem. OG x Pineapple Edxpress Chocolate Rain Fem.

Blue cheese Herijuana x shiva Herijuan x shiva

They have just flipped to 12/12 and have been vegging for a few weeks. Maybe 4?

The other tent is closed right now but I'll take picks tonight.

As always super soil organic.

#2 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:39 PM

Nice, you have a couple really nice crosses there.

The OG I just pulled, she is so rock hard nugs, half a jar weighed 2 O's!
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.
Posted Image

#3 douglasfurtrapper

El b˙falo blanco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Interests:Organic growing, building compost, shoe gazing, getting better at everything.

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

Right on!

The other tent is all OG x ECSD and OG x Pineapple Express. It's what the people want.

I love the effect from those crosses. I would say over all, 2 zips a plant is good for those OG crosses considering the spacing.

They are all under 600w hps right now but it will get bumped to 1000 in a week or so.

#4 douglasfurtrapper

El b˙falo blanco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:36 PM

I just took cuttings of:
Mad Chem
Humboldt Lemon
Cannatonic
Jahliceious

they will be replacing four black afghani plants that are about a week from harvest.

#5 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:07 PM

My lil babies are not ready to sex yet off that Black Afghani, excited for your smoke report on her. :)
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.
Posted Image

#6 douglasfurtrapper

El b˙falo blanco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:11 PM

It's old school for sure. I dropped the temps as much as possible for the BA's and it resulted in some very dark colors.

I'll toss up pics tomorrow.

#7 douglasfurtrapper

El b˙falo blanco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:08 PM

Tent 2
It's all OG x ecsd and OG x pineapple express.

Posted Image

It's from back to front:

OG x ECSD OG x ECSD OG x ECSD

OG X ECSD OG x Pineapple Express OG x ECSD

OG x ECSD OG x ECSD OG x ECSD

I switched to 12/12 on Dec.27

I vegged this tent a bit to long. The OG x ECSD stretches a lot so some training might be in order.

These crosses are both done in 9.5 weeks and are favorites among my circle.

#8 saxo

GroMagnon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

pretty nice girls you have there,trapper :tu

Happy New Year!!

"Good People don´t smoke Marijuana"

Jeff Sessions

#9 bigun

old time grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4997 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

looking good man..
will b following along

#10 douglasfurtrapper

El b˙falo blanco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

Happy new year almost!

This round I went with an inoculant called recharge. It is widely know on the market and is intended to be used at waterings.

I can honestly say I have had very positive results. I've been using it in conjunction with a little local fish emulsion every week and a half.

It has a decent price point and makes for happy plants with thick stems. I will be using this from now on I think.

#11 Papalag

Old school hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

Hi DFT
Best of luck with your grow
The pics look great
These crosses got my interest my brother

Peace
Happy new year to you and your family

#12 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2715 posts
  • Interests:Interesting things

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

Pulling a chair and joining the show. Looks like a lot of fire.

I hope to up pot one H/NE. One got broke as a seedling. I piled dirt around the base and popped it up and it bounced back. Then I broke it again.I did the same thing only this time it was dying. I was going to chuck it but gave it some Fox Farms Boomerang, comeback formula got as a sample a while back, and put it into the dome and heat mat. It wilted and looked pitiful for 2-3 days but wasn't dying. I put it back in the dame last night and this morning the same leaves are all standing out straight. I couldn't believe it. So, it needs a bit to catch up to the other one.it's ready to get a final pot. The big one is healthy looking with the crinkled leaves.

peace

mrG

"Welcome to Dankville, son"

100% Organically Grown

#13 douglasfurtrapper

El b˙falo blanco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:45 AM

Boomerang seems like an appropriate name then. I haven't sprouted any of those H/NE but I'm extremely interested. If I didn't have so much going on I would start a few. I might just start culling some stuff to make room.

#14 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2715 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

I had a small bottle I was given. I used it last year on a plant I overstressed and it seemed to come back ok, and, I had some left over. Don't know much about it. It was a last ditch effort, ha. It even grew a hair overnight.That's good. It's a strong plant. I always like survivors.

I'll get some pics up today I hope. I have to go out for a couple of errands and then back for football. No tv but I listen on the internet. I love college football, and my team, Alabama, is in the playoff again this year. Afraid Clemson will beat them again.

peAce

mrG

100% Organically Grown

#15 douglasfurtrapper

El b˙falo blanco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

My sinister gear is starting to show pre flower sites and should soon be obvious as to what's male and female. Hoping for girls all the way.

I have no room to keep a male right now but I would be very tempted, and I don't need that kind of pressure.

#16 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2715 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:30 PM

Sounds like me. I want to keep a male or two, but not ready, really. I started 18 plants and now they are looking mostly female. I wasn't expecting that. I may have my hands full. Not the worst problem I guess.

100% Organically Grown

#17 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

An unexpected male brings a whole new meaning to Oh shit.

Posted Image

#18 Justcozz

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Interests:Muscle cars, 4 wheeling, dirt bikes, hunting, fishing, anything with friends and family.

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

I wouldn't mind a couple of males. Clone them collect some pollen. Never know when it will come in handy. My only Silverfields was a male. I got do do some crosses and gain some experience. My only regret was not getting to harvest a bunch of bud from it. I've never smoked Silverfields.
It's not always just Cozz, sometimes it is a Just cozz

https://www.opengrow...to-share-a-bit/

#19 douglasfurtrapper

El b˙falo blanco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

I would need a dedicated space to collect the pollen. Someday when I don't need to rely on production I will put more energy into crosses. Right now I just try to line up some males for the outdoor season and put them with some proven female clones.

I'm gonna prune the undergrowth and top dress with a local potting soil and worm castings tonight. I'm excited because I'll be using my own worm castings from the small worm bin I started a couple months ago. I must have 20-30 pounds by now.

#20 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2715 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

Worm bin is next for me. I hope to be building soil out here this spring and summer, too. I still have a pretty good pile of compost back at my last place. I'm going back to get that and I wanted to get some worms, too. They were thick in that yard and next to that creek. I made a natural bed to help them flourish and want to go back and take them. They were already thick there so I just built things up to create layers and spaces and I fed them often.

@ garden you're right. It happened to me last grow. I thought i had them all sexed. I left town for 5 days and let my roomie take care of them. Thank goodness he had experience. He was an old time Canadian power grower. Anyway, he moved a G39 that was ready to spew damn near, by the time I got back. I went from not seeing any of that to coming home to a male fully throwing flowers. Looking back I wished I'd kept it. It turned purple-ish.

peace

mrG

100% Organically Grown