•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

douglasfurtrapper

Trapper's corner

I think I'm going to set up my downstairs like this. I was listening to a podcast on Shaping Fire yesterday about growing inside with raised beds and companion planting. It's catching on and giving really great results. My floor is all dirt to begin with so it might work well. I like that idea much better than me trying to schlep buckets of dirt in and out of the cellar.

If I can set those up and go with a blue mat system or similar, I'll feel like I'm there. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

I think I'm going to set up my downstairs like this. I was listening to a podcast on Shaping Fire yesterday about growing inside with raised beds and companion planting. It's catching on and giving really great results. My floor is all dirt to begin with so it might work well. I like that idea much better than me trying to schlep buckets of dirt in and out of the cellar.

If I can set those up and go with a blue mat system or similar, I'll feel like I'm there. 

better be careful to keep a tight hand!

if you do like with the naw stuff you just grew, in big raised beds like that, that ceiling is not gonna be high enough for the trees that would produce!! :P lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldschoolsg said:

better be careful to keep a tight hand!

if you do like with the naw stuff you just grew, in big raised beds like that, that ceiling is not gonna be high enough for the trees that would produce!! :P lol 

Ahhh, that's one main reason for moving in there... the ceilings are 9 feet high. 1200sq.ft. of open space except for the post running down the center of the space. It's the new sativa playhouse. I'm looking into doing a small organic produce business in there. There is enough room for a lot. Ideally, I'd like to get a room for growing edible shrooms and do vertical gardens for greens. It's 365 days a year that way. Outside gardening is a crapshoot around here. 

So, when the plants hit 9 feet, I'll just bend them, lol. :lol:

• Like 2

On 7/8/2019 at 9:22 AM, douglasfurtrapper said:

That is a citrus farmer girl. I popped a few of these but none looked like this one. Very purple and very healthy.

from DVG ?

• Like 2

Their gear sounds nice. I listened to them on a podcast. I want to see this.

2 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Their gear sounds nice. I listened to them on a podcast. I want to see this.

they all sound good on podcast usually. including adam dunn. but if u dont know their history and the stuff they speak on that goes way back then it sounds great. all the stuff i hear about i look for grows on iy. hell they ha ve sites like rollitup that has threads full of mainly talk about fear with very few pictures that u can get an idea if it's worth growing. both icmag and them have started threads and they are never finished smdh. 

then folks are like check the gram... but u don't see these guys showing grows. it's mainly all top/lower bud shots with little perspective. most are small buds regardless of how pretty/frosty they are. they don't usually show full plants so u can see size and structure.  Some do but its rare. most of the hyped breeders now see reviews in threads that their gear was ok or good but ddn't make the cut for a mother. 

that's why it takes me so long to pull the trigger non shit. i rather spend less on a crap shoot with genetics that might make fire then 10 times more for stuff that doesn't live up to the hype. i like different terpene profiles that are real popular now too. not a fan of fuel/gas as the dormant flavor.  legit sour diesel, original diesel, ecsd are all exceptions pure as is for me. but don't have access to them. grrr

a whole lot of DUKE DIAMOND HYPE is currently going on. yet, folks have already proven it's not as they claim.  now, he knows how to talk the talk and knows plants etc. but i'm only interested in the end result after someone in the know produces it.  if it doesn't measure up i cross them off my hit list.  do i take chances on gear i can't find info on ?  yes, but only when the prices are cheap. not doing that on packs $100 and up . i'm envious of dudes with all the xtra cash that don't mind hunting 200-500 packs but even if i had the loot that's NOT MY STYLE to spend money that way. i rather make t-shirts or such ...

not telling u not to try DVG at all brother just choose wisely no matter who it is. if you notice many start with hype and then die down cause the hype isn't sustained by the grows people did with their gear.  only a few get to where bhodi, professor p, sannie, ace are because of consistent quality albeit on different levels and prices that are reasonable.  like pro p who's prices went up but are not out of line with the quality u can find in a couple packs of his gear. some of his stuff is on my list but other more important building blocks are ahead of his gear and many others. at my age and situation i might never be able to get there. lol

:grinning_respect::wub:

• Like 3

Totally agree with all of the above. I don't buy these days anyway. I like following them sometimes just to see how legit it stays. You nailed it perfectly, and that's why I listen and read all over. I've been collecting a few crosses from other growers that include lots of the new fab strains. I always found it interesting that rarely if ever do I remember anyone raving about the one strain they used. It's like they bought the hype, grew it, and then made crosses with it... really? That was it? I'm too old and wise to be lured by hype alone. And, I'm financially challenged. So, the combo keeps me safe. I would like to smoke some of these new famous strains, but I don't feel the need to own the seeds. I'm more interested in the older genetics that are still being sustained along with certain landrace/ibl/heirloom available and the older guys that were there for it in the beginning. I want some of that stuff, and then I can make fun stuff for myself forever. I want to get my new space finished so I can keep the grows going all the time. I want to look through so many seeds. Every breeder I've listened to preaches the same message. It's not magic as much as it is long hard work growing large numbers and doing the shitty work of plodding through them all to find the real special stuff. So, maybe I can play with growing, on a small scale, with that philosophy in mind. I hope so. /ramble

• Like 2

Thanks man. The roll out of this concept is taking forever, B4B195DF-266A-43D5-8E61-D5938E08B68C.thumb.jpeg.61c7a901853abd56f31d279da49f6d4e.jpeg0863C616-2693-4B65-9876-274AA0C649FA.thumb.jpeg.95a2755c8a333e85059112c5bdcf5579.jpegB8ED675F-2D81-4497-AEA7-3E378FAC0735.thumb.jpeg.25ef024e0792c16d30b1a62cc43fb4dc.jpeg8FEA25F1-179C-4F94-927E-E01DA4FB6834.thumb.jpeg.42cd6c44f7195235b0bb4b81411b813c.jpeg46E6D0CD-9DB7-45D7-B1F7-5CFF58313E3D.thumb.jpeg.d5255a2dc5c388c775e1ecb0d4f4ad26.jpegbut it’s starting to function well.

• Like 4

On 7/17/2019 at 5:49 AM, Sacred Plant Warrior said:

from DVG ?

Yup. I got a few going. Along with some false teeth.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:27 PM, Sacred Plant Warrior said:

they all sound good on podcast usually. including adam dunn. but if u dont know their history and the stuff they speak on that goes way back then it sounds great. all the stuff i hear about i look for grows on iy. hell they ha ve sites like rollitup that has threads full of mainly talk about fear with very few pictures that u can get an idea if it's worth growing. both icmag and them have started threads and they are never finished smdh. 

then folks are like check the gram... but u don't see these guys showing grows. it's mainly all top/lower bud shots with little perspective. most are small buds regardless of how pretty/frosty they are. they don't usually show full plants so u can see size and structure.  Some do but its rare. most of the hyped breeders now see reviews in threads that their gear was ok or good but ddn't make the cut for a mother. 

that's why it takes me so long to pull the trigger non shit. i rather spend less on a crap shoot with genetics that might make fire then 10 times more for stuff that doesn't live up to the hype. i like different terpene profiles that are real popular now too. not a fan of fuel/gas as the dormant flavor.  legit sour diesel, original diesel, ecsd are all exceptions pure as is for me. but don't have access to them. grrr

a whole lot of DUKE DIAMOND HYPE is currently going on. yet, folks have already proven it's not as they claim.  now, he knows how to talk the talk and knows plants etc. but i'm only interested in the end result after someone in the know produces it.  if it doesn't measure up i cross them off my hit list.  do i take chances on gear i can't find info on ?  yes, but only when the prices are cheap. not doing that on packs $100 and up . i'm envious of dudes with all the xtra cash that don't mind hunting 200-500 packs but even if i had the loot that's NOT MY STYLE to spend money that way. i rather make t-shirts or such ...

not telling u not to try DVG at all brother just choose wisely no matter who it is. if you notice many start with hype and then die down cause the hype isn't sustained by the grows people did with their gear.  only a few get to where bhodi, professor p, sannie, ace are because of consistent quality albeit on different levels and prices that are reasonable.  like pro p who's prices went up but are not out of line with the quality u can find in a couple packs of his gear. some of his stuff is on my list but other more important building blocks are ahead of his gear and many others. at my age and situation i might never be able to get there. lol

:grinning_respect::wub:

The dude who runs dvg is a fucking clown. Most of these new “breeders” are. The citrus farmer came free. The dude sent me like 30+ seeds, so I figured I’d pop a few. There are a few guys on the scene now I can justify dropping some cash on. The top of that list is seed junky genetics. 

• Like 1

After some hunting I found a keeper pheno! Elite stuff!63D0A626-F6F4-41EB-B7F1-94520EA2DADA.thumb.jpeg.6bc364db6b767b5b0bd56542287f7e43.jpeg4795212E-67E7-4D2E-B502-E71387CBD253.thumb.jpeg.53f76e2875e7fc3911c70c8181ed61d7.jpeg6F770BC2-CE70-4F87-85AD-8BDACF6C6F4D.thumb.jpeg.3520538ca7dd177711cb95ad673f7426.jpeg64FFE4E8-7DEB-45C2-B00C-1A5760F1E8E3.thumb.jpeg.6f49c4a55b84f14b264b92376b321e9b.jpeg

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, douglasfurtrapper said:

After some hunting I found a keeper pheno! Elite stuff!63D0A626-F6F4-41EB-B7F1-94520EA2DADA.thumb.jpeg.6bc364db6b767b5b0bd56542287f7e43.jpeg4795212E-67E7-4D2E-B502-E71387CBD253.thumb.jpeg.53f76e2875e7fc3911c70c8181ed61d7.jpeg6F770BC2-CE70-4F87-85AD-8BDACF6C6F4D.thumb.jpeg.3520538ca7dd177711cb95ad673f7426.jpeg64FFE4E8-7DEB-45C2-B00C-1A5760F1E8E3.thumb.jpeg.6f49c4a55b84f14b264b92376b321e9b.jpeg

What a COOL looking lil pup!!!!! YOURS???? Name?

• Like 1

She’s mine jet. This is scully the 8 week old corgi!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

OMG I love him! He is so cute, just so gosh darn cute. Want to squeeze him lol

Very squeezable!

Wow your dog got my attention didn't notice the grow lol That looks like a lot of work you have done. Really nice looking, like the raised bed.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

Wow your dog got my attention didn't notice the grow lol That looks like a lot of work you have done. Really nice looking, like the raised bed.

What grow.....................i see only Scully...........................

• Haha 1

Hey trapper....what lights are those again? 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 9:58 PM, pupsetter said:

The light is similar in concept to a Spydr 660. We followed ledgardeners -https://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip-build-designs-samsung-bridgelux/ builds to use a single driver to power the lights at 500w. You could use more wattage, but from my experience with cob LEDs 30-35w per square foot is plenty. Cost per fixture is around 550.

The lights are built with the 4 foot Samsung Influx F-Series strips. We opted for 8 of the single row style rather than 4 of the strips with the dual diodes for better heat dissipation and more even lighting pattern. You can get fancier with the design and add some red spectrum strips (gavita and fluence both use some 660nm red in their LED fixtures if I am not mistaken.) HLG sells strips with some of these diodes integrated. I havent used these first hand, but have seen nice results.

47B76D48-4138-4B3C-989F-08C010672B10.thumb.jpeg.c34b6bcc805136422105a6bcc7c935e7.jpeg86BC9098-E3F7-427F-B929-FA7F5135CE46.thumb.jpeg.269b369506373e7d4c78f046252b4bcf.jpegE1410D9B-6170-45EA-8F71-39FEC4D93F21.thumb.jpeg.3afc8433cc07b26dfe87c8a232007b4b.jpeg87DF303F-459F-44D4-82B1-4AE15FF38F71.thumb.jpeg.21532e7f432460fa0bb60e4caa2a8802.jpeg

corgis and cannabis are a terrific combo! Gg 4 looking tight. With a month or so too go.

86712931-B107-4916-896C-15BA79E585DE.jpeg

C16C0E0E-67C6-4E3E-A81D-991A004BA928.jpeg

54B129E4-8242-434C-9878-58AD5F2091FE.jpeg

• Like 4

Cool bro! A new mate for the house? It looks like a fox almost in that pic, heh.

Your GG#4 is looking really nice. I've been watching yours. I have 3 GG#4 x Sour Bubble going with 2 beautiful females and one very studly male. The male is already dropping. I haven't even moved them from the 1 gallon pots. So, I'm super excited. I didn't realize that GG#4 was a descendant of Sour Bubble. BOG brought that to my attention the other day. I'm hoping for buds that look like yours, wow. Those are impressive! best vibes!

• Like 1