•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

douglasfurtrapper

Trapper's corner

1 hour ago, douglasfurtrapper said:

It’s actually cilantro. An ingredient I use in meals a few time a week.

That's cool. it can be real finicky trying to grow it in the garden outside. 

27 minutes ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

That's cool. it can be real finicky trying to grow it in the garden outside. 

I use Jonny’s select seeds. I’ve never had a problem.

• Like 1

I think it grows better in your climate than mine. It just needs a good environment. 

You digging the indoor no till? I have a source for soil from a grow operation in town. They dump it every harvest. I feel like I should be able to amend it with good compost and nutes to keep it and turn it into a no till system. I hope to get my system upgraded by fall. I still have lots more to do. I sure like yours. peace

Hey mr. g. I am definitely liking the no till beds. My worm population is robust and self maintained. I just sprinkle some ground up malted barley every couple of weeks and the worms go nuts and the microbes flourish. 

having the beds on casters is also a game changer. Moving established plants from veg to flower is easy.

• Like 2

Whoa, I didn't know you had gone that far or just forgot. So, you have different dedicated stations for veg/flo and move them into place when ready? My floor is dirt, so that won't work. I may have to look into having a slab poured in the future. It'll make my plans for greens and mushrooms a lot easier.

agree!! lush greens you´ve got there :tu do you feed the ground-greens to your Rabbits lol ....some parsley or other kitchenherbs would be cool

• Like 2

It looks so natural. They look much happier all together. I guess it's nice having some extra friends along for the trip, heh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/15/2020 at 2:26 AM, saxo said:

agree!! lush greens you´ve got there :tu do you feed the ground-greens to your Rabbits lol ....some parsley or other kitchenherbs would be cool

I am the rabbit! I use the greens in recipes. 
I have plans to try other frees too.

On 2/15/2020 at 11:11 AM, Mr Goodfellow said:

It looks so natural. They look much happier all together. I guess it's nice having some extra friends along for the trip, heh.

They do seem to get along!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hamme Hydro said:

The plants look healthy, but they seem to grow a lot of leafs. Is this because a nitrogen surplus or strain related? 

Probably both. I added a little alfalfa meal before transplant but the punch seems to be bushy in general. That’s kinda why I held off flipping. I was hoping they would chew through some of that N. I have a lot more microbiology thriving right now. I’m wondering if that kicked things into overdrive. This is the fourth run in this soil.

• Like 3

00E34C89-A35B-46FE-B658-9679A279C4A1.thumb.jpeg.6c064ee2e2cc580bb1ca9c4548b6c4c5.jpegPurple punch. This is how I prune.

wedding cake

7A89006F-024A-45B1-ACB3-D9D063D4841A.thumb.jpeg.ec806edbea57d8fd1929df9bc0e3493b.jpeg

different pruning for very different behaviors. 

DB06CD0B-D68B-458E-86D7-EB8C5BD8EB31.thumb.jpeg.9165bb293f60e3e9fe6ab0477be0dfbc.jpeg

• Like 5

I Love your garden trapper great job 

Edited by Papalag
  • Like 3