•           ai.php.gif

Mr Goodfellow

US tokers... JEFF SESSIONS ALERT!

Yep. But in topsy-turvyland, it's hard to tell how this will play out. Maybe the entire Pacific Time Zone will secede.

• Like 2

I'll be packing up for the move soon, then.

Seriously, I'll be surprised if anything happens. Nobody takes this administration seriously and may just challenge the feds to arrest everyone. It couldn't be done.

I think it's just a long dream of, and on Jeff Session's bucket list, before he dies.

It's going to be interesting to watch. There is so much big money involved here that I just can't see anybody going back. It will be real ugly if they try.

People don't like giving something up after they've had it for a while. Talkin' about money, as in taxes.

peace

mrG

• Like 4

My state is about to go recreational this year hopefully

But no mater what they do I stay low key

Never let them know what you’re up to

No tell

No sell

No smell

I think mr dirt said that in a thread once

Words to live by

• Like 9

I'm sure I said it, but I'm also sure I didn't make it up! It's called the "Three L's of Growing."

• Like 5

Hoping for the same thing here, papalag. Already decriminalized up to on oz, they need to go all the way. More importantly, they should open up farming of industrial hemp. An untapped goldmine, if you ask me.

• Like 2

The Kettle Falls 5 got off because the Feds used money against them and were not allowed to in a state that is legal. This would allow Feds to use money to go against us again. Not good news, but like any other time in history, we just have to be quiet, loose lips sinks ships.

• Like 3

That's me, I'm really private and very low key. I don't act any different than I ever did, really. There's just no reason to advertise what you do inside your house.

Trump is trying to get Sessions to quit. He doesn't like him and just recently said he couldn't control the national law enforcement. But, with Trump, it could truly be something much worse than Sessions, and that's scary.

peace

mrG

• Like 3

"My state is about to go recreational this year hopefully

Never let them know what you’re up to "

Exactly! Its legal in my state, but the whole "its a donation for my time not the weed" doesnt seem like it would hold up in federal court .If they wanted to go after you, they could. So i still dont flaunt it

That's me, I'm really private and very low key. I don't act any different than I ever did, really. There's just no reason to advertise what you do inside your house.

Trump is trying to get Sessions to quit. He doesn't like him and just recently said he couldn't control the national law enforcement. But, with Trump, it could truly be something much worse than Sessions, and that's scary.

peace

mrG

Something worse is probably right. At least Sessions was a senator, and is supposed to have morals. Though i think any class or prestige congress use to have is now gone from all them greedy fulls pushing each other out of the way to get pay days after congress.

I'm sure I said it, but I'm also sure I didn't make it up! It's called the "Three L's of Growing."

Water below and electricity above the waist is a good safety rule also

Hoping for the same thing here, papalag. Already decriminalized up to on oz, they need to go all the way. More importantly, they should open up farming of industrial hemp. An untapped goldmine, if you ask me.

Kind of odd, ive spent most of my life in a decriminalized state, but people still got arrested for pot. Just means its a fine most of the time. Its didnt feel "decriminalized" till medical came around and now recreational. Now cops hand your bag back after admiring it if its less than 2.5 ozs, that will take time to get use to.

• Like 2

The green light has been given to any High Holy Fed with local power to make a name for themselves.

Stay in the wind my friends.

• Like 3

Aaaand, the war begins.... US Senator from Colorado, a Republican goes to war with Sessions.

Here's an article from the Denver Post. He says he'll hold up all nominees by the Dept. of Justice....

“I am prepared to take all steps necessary, including holding DOJ nominees, until the Attorney General lives up to the commitment he made to me prior to his confirmation,” Gardner also said Thursday morning.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/04/cory-gardner-jeff-sessions-marijuana-policy/

Peace

mrG

• Like 2

I'm not too concerned yet.

Let's look at facts, what we all think can or will happen is just hype.

Trump has made his view on alcohol and drugs very clear...he doesn't like them at all.

He has been extremely outspoken against opiates.

Trump has stated he thinks Medical Marijuana should be left up to the States. I have not seen an interview where he has stated his opinion on recreational marijuana.

The 2009 memo by Ogden, Says the DOJ will allow the states to enforce their own Medical Marijuana laws. Technically, it doesn't allow recreational.

https://www.justice.gov/archives/opa/blog/memorandum-selected-united-state-attorneys-investigations-and-prosecutions-states

The 2013 memo by Cole, is very similar to the 2009 memo, leaves out "medical marijuana" and says it will allow states to enforce their own marijuana laws.

https://www.justice.gov/iso/opa/resources/3052013829132756857467.pdf

Though Sessions has been very outspoken about his view on MJ, he allowed the cole memo to stay in place for over a year. He could have squashed it immediately. Instead, he had his investigators study the policy and come up with a plan....

Today we hear an Associated Press report stating he squashed the memo....but that really has no meaning without a new memo stating the departments intentions on how or if they are going to allow the states to continue.

As of right now, we have no actual statement from Sessions.

Now, my opinion,

Trump is a money man...he wants the economy to grow. As a business man, I think he is smart enough to see the benefits MJ can bring to the economy. Let alone the taxes the Feds are passing up.

I expect a new memo stating that the DOJ will continue to allow the states to keep doing what they are doing. BUT....

Somehow it will be tied into other policies, i.e. States enforce immigration laws and stop sanctuary states and cities. Border security etc.

About half the states have legalized in in some form. The only way for the Feds to get the states to follow along, is to stop federal funds, which can be done but it's a long very difficult process.

But, if the Feds threaten to aggressively prosecute cultivation producers and sales...on medical and rec, it will hit the states in the pocket.

So, my prediction...the states and democrats will get on board will immigration and border security and the republicans will get on board with MJ. It may be a long and nasty process, but that's what I see in the next year to year and a half.

EDIT....The DOJ just released the memo. It simply states theat prosecutors are to enforce marijuana laws the same as they enforce ALL federal laws.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1022196/download

I don't expect a drastic change in enforcement. I still think they will hold MJ hostage to get democrats on board with immigration.

• Like 1

"Trump is a money man...he wants the economy to grow. As a business man, I think he is smart enough to see the benefits MJ can bring to the economy. Let alone the taxes the Feds are passing up.

That. Trump seems pragmatic, leaving it to the states, and he's certainly right on the opiod epidemic, it's just crazy around the midwest, everyone knows someone screwed up on smack. However, he's given no indication he feels that way about pot that I've heard. I don't believe it's true to surmise because Trump doesn't smoke or drink that he's against letting others live. Heck, I'm "against" cigarettes, but I smoked them for years.

Sessions, on the other hand, is a reefer madness, Bill Bennett, kind of guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to cannabis, and he seems to have no interest in learning.

I'm not too worried, the cats too far out of the bag. Trading immigration policy/enforcement for cannabis legalization may be a stroke of legislative genius, but as you say, messy. Californicate is all but seceding (please hurry!!), but that approach isn't going t cut it forever.

Trump is a money man...he wants the economy to grow. As a business man, I think he is smart enough to see the benefits MJ can bring to the economy. Let alone the taxes the Feds are passing up.

bing, bing, bing,... winner winner chicken dinner!

With the majority of the states already deciding for it, and more to follow, it goes against all the states rights defenders of the right wing.

So, hard to say why now. Maybe because he's still on the hotseat for his job.

peace

I doubt Trump can be understood in a linear fashion like that. If he thinks a base would support a tyrannical war on pot he might back it. It depends on what he thinks he has to lose or gain.

The big issue is mass and cali. They represent a liberal nightmare to conservatives and being high is another sin. Putting them on notice would be a symbolic win. And the children in charge think symbols are just as good as reality.

Either way black market means more money for me but less security. Nothing I'm not used to.

This will be a good thing I think.

The states are not going backward so the Fed's will have to acquiesce as they have no leverage.

The Republican party is in power for the moment and they are all about states rights so hard to see them flexing too much muscle.

But, I would not be surprised if the Fed wants to impose their own tax at some point.

• Like 2

I think it's a hold tight and see what happens! I'm no fan of Sessions at all, made me uncomfortable when he was appointed, really hope Trump gets rid of him! As said above, Trump is a money man and the whole legalization movement is at the point of no return, can't stop it, it will be a battle, but a winnable one!

See i think part of it is the police force and dea make money for weed confiscations related to growing and selling, in the billions. Its also an easy wa for cops to get their "foot in the door" without warrants. It will be much harder to say " is that coke i smell" and search their car or home. So this is more than about medical or taxes, confiscating property has became extremely lucrative for some enforcement departments and district attorneys offices(they split the funds).

• Like 1

@corners, I would say they'll still have their hands full with illegal grows and big runners. Lots of smuggling going on out of this state, but that's where they put the resources, on the big guys. Letting casual smokers and growers be themselves frees the whole system up for bigger and more meaningful arrests. They want people going after kids and dealing stronger drugs alongside the pot.

@Beachbud, you hit it right, I believe. All day, their was a lot of talk about just legalizing it nationally and make it easier for everyone. It's going to force the national discussion again, but at a much more serious level now. There are many states that plan on going legal in the future whether they say it now or not. Every government body loves nothing more than taxes, and as long as they see nothing but success in all of the states already legal, they think the risk is worth it.

I heard an audio of Trump sometime recently about his views on pot and he said medical for sure and the states should be allowed to decide otherwise. I don't see Sessions getting very far in some sort of national crackdown. He'll be stopped with a court injunction first.

I like Beach's assessment. I really believe this will bring national legalization sooner than later. There simply is no data to show any problems whatsoever, generally speaking. Plus the electorate has aged and and is a much more enlightened voter these days.

It'll be fun to watch, I hope. I just think these states will defy any pushback on them. Hope so.

peace

mrG

• Like 2

I live in a legal state for medical, folks are still being arrested, losing all possessions even vehicles, clearing out all bank accounts. Forfeiture is huge.

That's wrong. That's why national legalization is needed so we can stop the abuse of tokers.

I believe legalization in Colorado has brought the smoking and non smoking folks closer together. It's been really cool here to see. Old timers and farmers are okay with it, and it's like now they're allowed to associate with us again.. hard to explain, but it's real. Everyone seems to have a weight lifted.

• Like 2

The Kettle Falls Five case I mentioned, dismissed with prejudice. This means that if Sessions takes that protection away, they can take them right back to court, and probably will. :(

My state is about to go recreational this year hopefully

Never let them know what you’re up to

No tell

No sell

No smell

I think mr dirt said that in a thread once

Words to live by

Should be the six L's of growing.

California has been releasing prisoners, too. I was listening to an LA radio station recently and they were talking about the release of all the pot prisoners.

Should be the six L's of growing.

.. and, they are..?