US tokers... JEFF SESSIONS ALERT!

66 replies to this topic

#61 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:52 AM

I think the states will fight and this won't even make it to light of day. This is not only over stepping our rights, but the states rights, some govs and senators are not having that.
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.
Posted Image

#62 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

Federal marijuana bills boosted by new supporters as Congress gets back to work

Lawmakers lined up behind several cannabis-related House bills in the wake of U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ policy shift last week rescinding the Obama-era Cole Memo that helped protect state-legal marijuana businesses.
The U.S. House of Representatives officially returned from recess Tuesday morning, but a slew of Democrats got to work Monday by adding their names as co-sponsors on four marijuana-related bills: The Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2017 (House Bill 975), The Ending Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017 (House Bill 1227), Marijuana Revenue and Regulation Act (House Bill 1823), and Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act (House Bill 1841).

http://www.thecannab...sponsors/96316/
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.
Posted Image

#63 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2715 posts
  • Interests:Interesting things

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

If we can make it to 2018 (or November), the democrats may have control of the house again, at least. Maybe even senate if things stay as they are. That might be a help. Although, legal states seem to cross party lines. They all want it almost.

peace

mrG

"Welcome to Dankville, son"

100% Organically Grown

#64 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2715 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

I just though of another scary thought. The GOP could do an end around and start latching on to pot like they did anti-abortion, just to get younger votes. Doubtful though. That article has nothing but Democratic work. Cool. They beat them to it for the image win.

100% Organically Grown

#65 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:09 AM

I think they will put a halt to it. There are too many that see the good aspects, not only the health aspect, but economy. I am glad they have a voice and can stand against him.

Posted Image

#66 Justcozz

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Interests:Muscle cars, 4 wheeling, dirt bikes, hunting, fishing, anything with friends and family.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:02 AM

HB 975 Respect State MJ Law, has the most support, but I think will have the least likelihood of passing. I don't believe any legislation that says the government cannot enforce a federal law in individual states will ever pass! Be it an MJ law or any other.

HB 1227 Ending MJ Prohabition, I think would be the most beneficial for our needs (for starters) but won't pass either. There are several states that will never (within 10-15 years at least) legalize for recreation MJ. it will get shot down due to interstate sales and trafficking alone

HB 1841 Regulate MJ Like Alcohol, very unlikely it will go anywhere, without more federal approved studies,

Which brings us to

HB 1823, Review and Regulate Act. I think this or some form of this will be what will eventually pass. I don't see any form of federal legalization without extensive federal approved review. Once studies have been completed, then the Feds will approve and regulate in some form.

But I don't think any legislation will pass until MJ is removed from being a schedule 1 drug. There is quite a bit of support from Democrats and Republicans to reschedule MJ. Even politicians that don't want legalization (or won't admit to wanting it) want a schedule change in order to support additional studying for health benefits.

It's not always just Cozz, sometimes it is a Just cozz

https://www.opengrow...to-share-a-bit/

#67 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2715 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:22 AM

Govt. politicians will look at this headache, and turn it all back over to the states and sit back and watch. Obama wasn't all that dumb. That's my prediction. They're famous "kick 'er down the road till next time" type of folks. Let the states have this mess. Will stand on the side lines and let them do all the hard work.

At least that's how I hope it goes.

peace

mrG

100% Organically Grown